Serial Starters

Replies

• stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Good Morning,
    The scale has finally moved and I finally broke the 190's official weigh in today 189.6lb.

OMG I love the Hobbit Costume. You are adorable!

Dang we are having a blizzard today so Jack is going stir crazy. DH going out to plow the 1st round. 12" or more expected today. Wind is blowing crazy.
    Stay Warm!
    Happy Day to All!
    Birdie
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hi!
    Buffy - welcome! Great group!
    Birdie - NE Wisconsin and yes we are getting snow again. Made it to work in my sons 4 wheel drive truck. Felt like a bad "butt" in it! He is 19 and a red neck - so you can imagine. lol Congrats on the loss. I am striving to get below that 190 mark. been awhile. Keep bouncing around above it :neutral:
    Sara - squirt gun indeed!
    Lana - congrats on loss!
    Marsel - great job on costume!
    Kathryn - lol that was a very important post 3 times :wink:
    Hello to Runa and Suzu and all others who stop by.
    Lurking from work.
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Hi all!!

We finally had some sun today :smiley: Of course, I was most happy that I didn't gorge on food in order subdue my emotions.

Building owners are not renewing their contract with the organization that subsidizes my rent. So, I found a notice on my door informing me I have to move by Fall. Its just hard to find a lot of places for my program and I have a billion questions. Have a plan to meet with someone at the nonprofit tomorrow to start talking about options.

I got the note as I was running to my doctor's office. Apparently the fibroids are the cause of the extra pain and more bleeding. And it will just get worse. Any hopes of having a kid late in life just got dashed. The only real effective treatment is to have a hysterectomy. And I know that there are lots of ways to have kids, but I have always wanted to have several of my own. It's the only goal in life that meant more than most and never happened. I used to say "yet", but now I will have to mourn the loss of that dream.

And on no notice, I lost 50 percent of my very small IRL support system a few days ago. This week is exceptionally hard because of anniversaries that are getting harder as time goes on.

But... instead of drowning my sorrows in food, like I really REALLY want to, I made a choice to have a smaller cheat snack and am planning on having a fairly decent dinner. Hopefully I can bounce back from this devastation faster than I did when life got pulled out from under me in July.

I just want a break. I wish I could stay away from food altogether and not have to deal with the temptation in times like this.

Another day of sun would be the absolute best!!

Stay warm all :smile:

Runa
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    10396 total steps and I feel it when I get that many steps in.

Dvd from netflix with Maggie Smith - will let you know.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Storm came in last night with quite a bit of wind and noise so sleep was marginal. I have today off for hair/nails and tire rotation/replacement, so I hope to not get into too much trouble with the weather.

Will stop by later, would rather be asleep with dog. Wave to all who follow.
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Good Morning,
    Runa hugs to you! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Very early morning, waiting for the coffee to finish brewing.

Happy Day to everyone!
    Birdie
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Good Morning!
    @marsellilove That is SUCH a cute costume!!
    Lana - Glad you are good -
    @stutba - Whoo Whoo! Good to break barriers!
    @Buffy2point0 - Welcome to a great group, and I feel Ya (runner, lost, injury, gained....)
    @brennerjlb - We will pray for relief of the white stuff for all of you snow bunnies!
    @RunaMarti - So, so sorry - You do need to catch a break, but will pray that you keep the sunshine for a while at least!!

Heading to a day-long off site meeting zzZZZZzzz... Wha'??? Oh yeah, I'm awake - LOL
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Runa- huge hugs to you. I always wanted kids, myself and was never able. Went to Dr in my 20's. They, of course, didn't encourage me to seek more testing. Even had 1 Dr get very upset with me, because I wasn't on any type of birth control. I was about 22 or so and married. We wanted children. Needless to say, 20+ years later and, still childless. I know, there's nothing like having a child of your own. But, there are so many little ones that need someone to love them. Hope things start looking up for you.

Finally brought pup to Dr. Not terrible news. Not great news. Did bloodwork and found out, thyroid is low and liver levels are elevated. So, trying meds and will re check in a few weeks. Meds are definitely not cheap. Ugh. But, better than what we had feared which was brain tumor. She'll love taking meds, cuz they have to be put in some type of food... she's all about the food :D

Warming up for a couple days. Then, back to wonderful winter. Including snow... when is Spring?! Lol
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Once again starting over early in the game. I was gone for a few weeks with grandkids sick with viral infection and then getting it twice myself. Enough with that I am back and 3 days in and feeling positive. I have made other changes and going to make this work. Hope all are doing well today and being successful!
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Hi all 😃

Sun is peeking through the windows today!! ☀️That makes a difference!!

Thanks for the support. I am proud to say last night, I DID NOT walk into the grocery store and buy my weight in food and gorge! I avoided the store. Ordered a sandwich from Starbucks with my points. When I arrived they said that they were out of that particular one and would give me anything else. While waiting another gal came over and asked if I wanted a couple protein boxes that were still good, but the sell by date meant they had to dispose of them. Score!! Stayed under points yesterday and started off today with a protein bang!!

@arniedog74 I chuckled about the doggie loving food!! They do, don’t they. I bring treats to the nonprofit I go to. There’s an indoor cat and one who hangs out outside. It’s awesome!!

@jlbtnc That sounds downright awful to be that sick! It’s very taxing. Glad you’re feeling better and back at it!

Off to take a nap. Pain just awful. Didn’t sleep well. Hoping to walk a bit this evening.

Runa 🤩
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    @RunaMarti Thank you and it was, all the sanitizing and hand washing did not help. Hubby kept blaming the grandkids (because we know they are little germ factories, lol). We hit a bad patch and now glad to be back at it.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Between appointments -

Tires are newer than I thought so only rotation - yipee! Had breakfast out for lunch - my Valentine's present to myself.

Downpoured last night and I was dreaming of one - so woke up to local flooding - it was/wasnt a dream. Took Miss T out when I got home after first 2 errands as it was not raining so she could get the "rest" of her walk.

Dawn!! I am doing the happy dance - medication while expensive is light years away from what you were fearing. Hug pup for me.

Jlbtnc - glad you are back on track even if it means baby steps. Glad you stopped to take care of yourself.

With any luck a nap with Miss T and then pedicure time - cant really reach my toenails safely anymore.

bbl
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Marsel - where you the one who recommended OPI Red for Valentine's Day? I forget who did, but it is a winner!! Thank you - I will use that color again.
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    I’ve been playing the waiting game since leaving work yesterday, nothing like waiting for a trip! The minutes inch on by. Any way I can just magic my way to the air port terminal?

@Tilliesmommy1 I actually just got my nails done too! I have yet to pick an OPI color that I dislike (●´∀`●)
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Marsel - Hope you have a blast!
    - Glad the OPI Red worked out well! Love that color.

I fell off the wagon SO badly today!!!! Stuck in that blasted meeting all day and sitting with food EVERYWHERE! I ate very badly - Tomorrow is another day!!

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2019
    5017 total steps not bad considering it rained all day.

Marsel - did you say where you were going? I am drawing a blank.... One of my favorite OPI colors is Kinky in Helsinki - I will have to see if I can get it online....

This rain and cold is exhausting, time to curl up with Miss T

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited February 2019
    Runa- my pups nickname is "lunch box" the only thing she won't eat, is any thing "good" for her. She looks at me like I must be crazy giving it to her..haha... wouldn't want her any other way! Sounds like you scored at Starbucks! What is in Protein box? We don't have a Starbucks, close... but, I always want to stop when I go home...

Sara- hug for pup brings lots of kisses in return! We are very happy with test results. Even tho, she may need meds forever. I will take that over losing her!

If anyone is a fan of Lilo and Stitch, Scentsy just introduced a "Stitch" Buddy! He is so stinking cute! He is $35 or you can Bundle with his own scent wax bar for $40! (Wax not sold separately) he won't last long! https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/10361758
    Don't forget, almost everything is 10% off and lots of things are being discontinued... this month only
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Wind all last night - does make it hard to sleep. Just checked forecast, another challenging day for wind and rain.

Runa - love that you have someone at Starbucks who gave you some good snacks - if I remember protein boxes (coworker had one) they are a light meal/snack. Nice when people do something beyond their "job duties".

Tri tip sandwich today at cafe - had spinach/mushroom omelet with potatoes waiting for tire rotation. Three sources of potassium. Biscuit was too good to pass up. I know.

Taking little 4 piece candy hearts to a couple people at work. Cards for those who cannot do chocolate (2).

Wave to all who follow. Hope everyone has a decent Valentines day.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Happy Valentines Day! I did my nails for the day as well. A friend of mine started selling color street - they are nail polish stickers. I got a test pair so I have pink nails and my two ring fingers have the sticker polish of pink and silver glitter! Very festive. The claim is they last longer than painted nails. I am testing to see how that works. Very easy to put on! A little much for a set.
    Anyway...not much planned for the day - will make a nice meal for dinner. Avoid the whole going out thing - too many people.
    Wave to all!