What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• Kiyomoo
    Kiyomoo Posts: 354 Member
    I got out a can of soup, put the contents in a bowl, and then put that bowl in the microwave. That's the extent of my cooking skills!
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    We had a lot of feta cheese - so last night we crumbled some up, steamed spinach, added a couple of eggs, garlic, pepadews, some milk and baked the lot for half an hour. Delicious with a huge bowl of mixed salad.
  • corrarjo
    corrarjo Posts: 1,157 Member
    Check out FoodWishes.com with Chef John. Adjust ingredients and portion size to suit your needs.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Baked chicken breast (salt, pepper, garlic) to go over caesar salad (the pre-mix costco version) because I'm incredibly lazy sometimes!
  • corrarjo
    Last night I had a 6 ounce sirloin steak medium rare, with vidalia onion, baby bella mushrooms, and asparagus sautéed in olive oil.
  • tamazinegrace
    tamazinegrace Posts: 25 Member
    edited February 2019
    My brekky this morn! Savoury oatmeal cooked in chicken stock, with garlic, cheese, oregano, caramelized onion, bacon and egg :)

lley6p7oxzfc.jpg
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Tonight (Thursday, 14th) - Chicken Stroganoff over mixed rice medley and mixed veggies. Lower-cal chicken dish, as I used Greek Yogurt rather than sour cream. Your SO might like a little indulgent flavor on Valentine's Day, and might appreciate the lessened guilty pleasure of it, LOL.

lbcdd4colatl.jpg

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    I'm doing a big cook tomorrow. My standard gift for new parents is an afternoon of batch cooking a bunch of freezer meals. I am doing Dutch split pea soup (served with dark rye bread) and Dak Dori Tang (served with rice).

https://www.thespruceeats.com/traditional-dutch-split-pea-soup-1129011
    https://mykoreankitchen.com/spicy-korean-chicken-stew/
  • mjbnj0001
    Friday (15th): slowcooker black bean salsa chicken. Served over rice and mixed veggies (yes, leftovers from last evening's previous-post mixed veg mix).

03r4q5kmemgn.jpg

• mjbnj0001
    corrarjo wrote: »
    Check out FoodWishes.com with Chef John. Adjust ingredients and portion size to suit your needs.

great youtube channel!
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    We’ve had a houseguest this week, so not many new meals being cooked... I did make this for my son’s birthday, though!

sne5d8hscw79.jpeg
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Sweet potato soup.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Tagging @French_Peasant - matzo ball soup :smile: Made the stock this afternoon and the matzo balls in the evening. I used schmaltz from the last time I made chicken stock (I was going to use duck fat, but it while it smelled fine, it looked less than).
  • corrarjo
    We’ve had a houseguest this week, so not many new meals being cooked... I did make this for my son’s birthday, though!

sne5d8hscw79.jpeg

Looks like the snout of a sleeping Dragon!
  • Unstuffed cabbage soup(no rice). It was so yummy!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Israeli couscous with delicata squash and preserved lemons (homemade). I used this recipe, which is a take on a recipe from Gourmet Magazine apparently. I only used 2/3 a cup of couscous, subbed delicata for butternut (because I had no desire to peel a butternut squash and there were delicatas in the pantry), only used a tbsp of oil, and nix'd the raisins and the pine nuts, though I did include 42 grams of dried cherries.

It turned out really well and comes out to 245ish calories a serving (my version does not make 8 servings per the recipe given that I used significantly less couscous). This was really more of a solution the "I need to make sure my preserved lemons have finished have finished fermenting" situation I was met with. A very tasty solution.
  • rkcampbell
    rkcampbell Posts: 188 Member
    Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Casserole
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited February 2019
    Cheesy bacon bits jacket potatoes and grilled riblets. Started them out on the grill, but for some reason it just wouldn't stay hot enough. Transferred them to a baking tray to finish off in the oven.

y2qhsvh8mx22.jpg

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Chicken nachos with refried beans, cheese, sour cream, guacamole and salsa/pico