Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Thank you for sharing your journey. Glad you have joined the group!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome Denise, Donna, Joe and Mendy :)
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Welcome to all the newbies! This is a great group and OMAD is a great WOE for a healthy weight and a healthy body.
  • daxazo
    daxazo Posts: 37 Member
    Hi there! My name is Christie. This is day two of OMAD for me!

4 years ago I was 300 pounds. I lost over 80, but have gained back 30. So I'm at 250 now. I struggle with food addiction and binge eating disorder. So it's been several years of bouncing back and forth...the same 20 pounds it seems. My goal weight is around 150. I am 5'7. I'm 43, been overweight my whole life, have had 4 kids, and I'm ready to be done with this food nonsense. A few days I happened upon a girl on youtube who was doing OMAD. I had heard of it, but as a food addict, thought this would be impossible. But for the past year and my very busy schedule, I found it nearly impossible to find time to cook so many meals, shop, prep, etc. And, I HATE cooking and meal prepping. So I found myself grabbing pizza or hamburgers a lot. Anyway, she inspired me to look into this.

I found your youtube channel, which was so informative. Which led me here.

I love this idea of eating, because I know the benefits of IF, AND, I don't have to obsess about food throughout the day. I don't have to feel guilt and shame for eating something "bad." So far it's going well. I had some major digestive distress today after my meal, but I'm reading that's normal and will pass soon. (Please pass soon lol)

Anyway, grateful for all the info so far. Here's to a new lifestyle :)

• Brendalea69
    Welcome Christie :)
  • LadyBlanks
    Welcome Christie!
  • volgirl1322
    Welcome Christie! This is a great group to get connected with. We all know the struggle is real! Best of luck for you!!1
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Christie welcome to the group - this WOE definitely takes a little getting used to but has been a lifesaver for me...AND i eat what I wanttttttttttttt :)
  • Healthylyna2020
    Healthylyna2020 Posts: 45 Member
    My name is Lyna, i have been struggling to lose weight all my life.i will be 41 years this year.for the past 3 years nothing seems to work for me till I found OMAD forum on Facebook. It been 4 days today and I have lost already 1 kg. I started searching this forum for support and found this group. I am happy to share my progress here and give and receive support.looking forward to make this a lifestyle change
  • LadyBlanks
    Welcome Lyna. This is a great group with loads of support. Start a thread so we can be a part of your journey. You can do it!
  • Brendalea69
    Welcome Lyna :)
  • volgirl1322
    Welcome Lyna!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Hi Lyna! Welcome to the group and feel free to jump in with gusto :)
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hi 21 days on OMAD

SW 162.5
    CW 152.5
    GW 120.0
    Age 49
    Female 5’2

I do 23:1

I eat till I am full. I clean fast, only water.

I have been at 152.5 since February 5th, how do I get my weight to budge?
    I am an emotional and stress eater. I am also stress addicted.

• Brendalea69
    getfitnfab wrote: »
    Hi 21 days on OMAD

SW 162.5
    CW 152.5
    GW 120.0
    Age 49
    Female 5’2

I do 23:1

I eat till I am full. I clean fast, only water.

I have been at 152.5 since February 5th, how do I get my weight to budg :) e?
    I am an emotional and stress eater. I am also stress addicted.

Try cutting back on the amount of food you are eating, remember it is supposed to be one plate only. Welcome to the group :)
  • getfitnfab
    Thank you, I do eat one plate. Most days I eat a full avocado and more cheese to keep me full.
  • volgirl1322
    Welcome to the group!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Welcome! I'd monitor your balance of foods, and maybe throw a short extra fast in there to change things up a bit :)
  • getfitnfab
    4 week update. Finally my water loss has been over powered by my fat loss and I lost a pound to get to 151.5.

Slow and steady’
    Consistency is the mantra
    Health is becoming a priority
  • Brendalea69
    getfitnfab wrote: »
    4 week update. Finally my water loss has been over powered by my fat loss and I lost a pound to get to 151.5.

Slow and steady’
    Consistency is the mantra
    Health is becoming a priority

Nice!!!

You should create a thread below to give us updates because this thread is just for introductions...You will get more responses because not everyone reads this introduction thread. Water weight losses are exciting, but the fat weight losses are even better :)