Best meals to get all daily nutrition ?

What is the best meal(s) to hit all your daily nutrition evenly? I feel like I always go over on some things and am short on others

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    That will depend on your goals. Someone eating 1200 calories with an iron deficiency is going to eat very differently than someone eating 2500 calories with IBD. Can you tell us more about which things you're short on? Maybe people can make some specific suggestions for your case.
  • PinkPJs2019
    PinkPJs2019 Posts: 6 Member
    I too have noticed my vitamin intake is low, despite eating meat, chicken, veg and fruit. I have thought about taking a multivitamin to 'top up'.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    bildozr_22 wrote: »
    What is the best meal(s) to hit all your daily nutrition evenly? I feel like I always go over on some things and am short on others

Try pre logging to hit your goals?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    I too have noticed my vitamin intake is low, despite eating meat, chicken, veg and fruit. I have thought about taking a multivitamin to 'top up'.

Be aware that the MFP food database isn't necessarily an accurate source of micronutrient data. Not only is the database crowd-sourced, so you're at the mercy of whoever entered the data (unless/until you check it, and get your "recent foods" populated with good entries), but even if the person who entered the food is conscientious, US food labels are not required to include all the micronutrients.

You might want to spot-check one of your normal days against the USDA database or Self Nutrition Database or some other sound source, or look up "foods high in Vitamin X" (or whatever you're interested in) and see if you're eating those routinely, or something like that.

Most people won't be harmed by a non-mega-dose multivitamin, but getting nutrients from food is IMO the better option (some, at least, are better absorbed from food sources).
  • MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
    I try to cook from scratch as much as possible, & I find that tends to help. I also make smoothies quite often with spinach, kale, protein powered, berriers, banana.
    I also literally cram as many veggies into meals as possible.
    I find it’s hard for me to eat enough protein.
    But I’ve been trying to eat more egg whites lately because there so low calorie & high protein!
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    OP are you talking about macros or micros?
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member

Honestly, if you're that concerned you'd be better served getting a full bloodtest done by your dr and seeing where the deficiencies lie, if any. If you're going to get vitamins you might as well get something that targets a specific deficiency.