Samsung or Apple

jdv8622
jdv8622 Posts: 33 Member
Personally I go with Samsung, Apple has just never appealed to me, but to each his own.

Replies

• CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    I think they both have their selling features personally. I’m kinda stuck with apple now, with MacBook, desk top, watch, ipad, it would be a pain to make the switch now but I don’t think one is better than the other.
  • jdv8622
    Agreed, just a matter of preference I guess. I've always been Android so it's just what I'm used to.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I've always preferred Samsung. Seems like the last few years Apple is on a downhill slide.
  • jdv8622
    Seems like a lot of Apple users are switching to Samsung too, from what I can tell at least.
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    I've always been an Android gal... my brother was with me... then my parents bought him a MacBook... then he had to have an iPhone to interact with the MacBook... he's a traitor. Basically all my family has iPhones... I will stick with my Samsung.
  • jdv8622
    Lol nice👍
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    i had a sammy a few years ago. it wasn't bad aside from the GPS was awful. like it always had trouble getting a lock. i went to Moto for a few years and liked them pretty good aside from lack of security updates.

finally jumped on apple bandwagon last year though. tbh it is a lot better at most things than any of my old androids, but the areas in which it falls behind, i mean it REALLY falls behind. like the user experience for a lot of little things is just archaic at this point.

but i figure i'll stay with them for the forseeable future anyhow. at least they don't play when it comes to pushing out security updates and stuff.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Agree that it's a matter of preference.
    I've used Apple products for so long now that I think I'd feel lost going back to an Android.
    I have to admit as an Apple user, when I text someone and it's not a blue convo bubble it makes me a little sad. . . like we're on different teams or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #teamblue #hashtagsdontworkhere
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    I prefer Apple - in my experience it’s just a smoother sleeker interface - the apps aren’t as clunky as the feel in android - but that’s just me - like most ppl I’ve had Apple for so long I’m not switching - pictures don’t matter that much to me or color customization of things - just my 2 cents
  • Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 Posts: 3,441 Member
    <--- Apple
  • RomaineCalm
    get one of each and then maybe a throwaway

If you have a barrel that has questionable items in it... yeah you might need a burner phone.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member

If you have a barrel that has questionable items in it... yeah you might need a burner phone.

What do you mean? All that's left in the barrel is acid.
  • RomaineCalm

What do you mean? All that's left in the barrel is acid.

th?id=OGC.2b9b23827834beb8fc3c384eccf56e9e&pid=1.7&rurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.reactiongifs.com%2fr%2fwink1.gif&ehk=m7WRW72Hk2OG2Od13jcTBw
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    Samsung. Android is more familiar to me. When it came time to upgrade my phone at work, the office had switched to iPhones and I convinced them to get me another Samsung by insisting that I was too old to learn an new OS. (Okay, my supervisor was a pushover too)

The SO is on his second iPhone and swears he will never get another one, it changes things capriciously all by itself, like turning off notifications for some contacts.
  • RomaineCalm
    834m9jemhesj.png
    Agree that it's a matter of preference.
    I've used Apple products for so long now that I think I'd feel lost going back to an Android.
    I have to admit as an Apple user, when I text someone and it's not a blue convo bubble it makes me a little sad. . . like we're on different teams or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #teamblue #hashtagsdontworkhere

th?id=OGC.5fd67fffc3a3e2f03b6e8786700c7ffe&pid=1.7&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2fXdzAYATLJjSNO%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=WwuuF2jyX2YuSfzheiLFfw