Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,412 Member
    Morning Ladies,

The Jillian workout was a lot of fun with all kicking. This morning was XTrain Chest, Back & Shoulders, and I was able to up the weights on a few of the moves. I'm still slightly intimidated to up the weight on the chest flies with the movement from pinkie/palm/thumb. Maybe just a one pound increment would make me brave. :D

Laurel, Great job on making your leg workout yours with the shin problem. Sounds like your spinning workout was really good also. This morning we where greeted with a half inch of ice for our walk. Talk about keeping yourself stable. I love that you had your windows open, that sounds wonderful. I think that I like that she gets those step ups in the PLB workout out of the way at the beginning of the workout. I can then enjoy the other moves without dread. :D I'm probably going to do a rotation of this series after the Road Trip, I still want to try out the upper body workouts too.

Thelma, I'm so glad to hear that you got all your items moved into the new house. Your neighbor sounds awesome, and how nice that you got to watch the game. I can imagine that your DH was really tired after all the driving and moving of furniture. Sounds like your new location has some really nice people living there. I think all that moving that you did is enough for working out.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,771 Member
    Hi Ladies! My leg is feeling better today. Not up to impact cardio for sure, but I don’t really notice it when just walking around. So today’s workout was XTrain Disc 2/Biceps and Triceps. I love this workout and felt really strong on it today. For cardio, I did more spinning.....this time I did Cathe Live Pedal to the Metal. Our low last night was about 63 degrees and it rained, so the humidity is up there. I was, literally, dripping throughout this workout. Oddly, I am loving this spin every day thing I have going on right now. The workouts are far more cardiovascularly intense than anything I can do on the floor anymore. But I know by the end of next week I will be more than ready to get back to my normal cardio workouts. :) Here’s hoping my body cooperates with that.

Thelma, I am so happy to hear your trip went well! You and your DH absolutely amaze me at doing that trip in a day. :o:o It sounds like your DH is just a machine when it comes to endurance! So very, very happy for you both right now. And that is great news about the road! I think you got a very fair deal with that, that’s for certain. You made me laugh when you said you hadn’t done any workouts. I know better than that! You moved!! That is more workout than any other, that’s for certain. Love hearing you this happy. You have so earned it!

Laurie, I saw photos from a friend in Chicago this morning and the ice they had there. My least favorite thing in weather is an ice storm. Be safe! Glad you enjoyed the Jillian workout. I know what you are saying about that chest fly. It is the pinkies in part I don’t like in particular. But I am not too fond of the thumbs in either. I think it is Pyramid Upper Body she does all the flies with the thumbs in.....and I don’t. B) My shoulders appreciate the workout so much more if I just do normal flies. I like your idea of doing these LITE workouts after the Road Trip. I haven’t really thought that far ahead, but I like the idea of doing something a bit less intense for a little while, that’s for sure.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Still having the ice problems again today. It started raining while I was working out, so we didn't get out for our walk. We didn't want to attempt walking in the rain/ice. Rocket was sliding all over the place just getting into the car this morning. My workout was 30MTF Step Boxing 2 Workout 1 and Jillian's App Day 2. I think that I used the right weights for the XTrain CBS, because those body parts are sore this morning. ;) It felt good to do some boxing moves.

Laurel, Glad to hear that you shins are feeling better. Great job on your workouts. I enjoy that Bi&Tri workout for that same reason. It seems that you can really go heavy. I'm really noticing my biceps right now. I'm glad to hear that the spinning is still feeling good, and I can understand why you would be glad to move onto other cardio after this week. Good to know on the Pyramid Upper Body about that move, I'm not a big fan. Totally understand why she does that move, but it feels so awkward. Cool on the LiTe workouts after the Road Trip.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Well....not a good day here. Like yesterday, today my leg felt even better so I decided to do Cathe Live with Cathe this morning, which was a leg workout. The second move was Static Lunges and coming up from the last lunge.....pop went my leg. And it hurt! Not good. So DH had to come home and take me to Urgent Care. Three hours later....nothing is broken. But it could be the shin splints I thought I might be experiencing.....or maybe a torn ACL/MCL. That won’t be able to be decided for a couple of weeks, though, when I can get an MRI. I really hope it is just overuse and shin splints. But, regardless, I will be off of workouts for awhile. Frustrating, but as I said to DH, this injury I earned through my own stubbornness. I should have just stopped on Monday when my body said ‘nope’. You think I would have learned this lesson by now. :| Anyhow, I am not in any pain when I am just sitting, so I have a stack of books wanting to be read, some movies to watch.....DH will be away for almost a week starting tomorrow, so I get some good girl time. Honestly, after the past few months, I don’t mind. I just wish I wasn’t injured while doing it.

Laurie, while we were at Urgent Care, we got to watch three hours of the Weather Channel. Looks like you are just getting some really consistently bad weather up there right now. Like I said yesterday, those ice storms scare me. Great workouts! And just for clarification, those chest flies with the thumbs in are in Cathe’s old PUB workout, not the new one. I only did the new one once, and if I recall correctly, all the exercises were pretty standard and nothing that I felt was unnecessarily concerning on my joints.

I will try to find time tomorrow to check in between bon-bons and books :D . See you then.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,506 Member
    Hi Ladies, it's been busy around here and today I spent doing a lot of driving to the veterinary hospital because my kitty had a dental today.
    All I've done is cardio the last two days. I am exhausted.

Laurie, great job keeping up with your workouts! Too bad you're having those icy conditions. Poor Rocket sliding all over the place!! Please be careful!
    We were so happy to have moved all those things to GA and nothing got damaged! We are really happy with our neighbors too. Too bad the builder is selling his house though.

Laurel, I'm so sorry about your injury! Are you icing or applying heat?
    How nice that you have all those walking paths around there! I can do a few laps going up and down our road probably. It's about 1/4 long and there is a hill.

I am so amazed with my DH. He is such a hard worker. He definitely was a human machine with all the heavy lifting and the driving he did during those 5 days.

Please take good care of yourself!!

Tami, I hope you're having a great time!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Well the rain has moved on and now we have a temperature of 1 degree. The worst of it is the wind, it just rips right through you. Today I did XTrain Bi's & Tri's, and I was able to go up on some exercises. I have to go to an oral surgeon today. One tooth with a root canal has a crack on it. I will need to have it pulled and an implant put in, I don't want a bridge. Today is just a consult, so I know what to expect going forward. :p

Laurel, I'm so sorry to hear about your injury, just reading about it made me cringe. :/ Sounds like you have a solid plan going forward toward recovery. I like the reading and movie option. ;) Our weather has been so up and down, and up north where my parents are it was even worse. I have not done the PUB upper body workout in a while, so thanks for the clarification. I might be able to try that Pyramid workout during my rest week.

Thelma, You are busy in a different way now that you are not working. ;) I can understand why you are tired, you both really did a lot of work in a short time. Good job on getting in what you can, and I'm sure that your body will enjoy getting some rest. At least you don't have to worry about work anymore. ;) Our driveway is still icy, because the salt really didn't have a chance to work before it started to get really cold. We just have to be careful walking down the driveway. Hopefully you get another great neighbor.

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Not much new to report today except I am already restless. :) It isn’t even noon yet. Oh well. Actually, my leg aches some but it isn’t doing too badly. I had no problem sleeping last night (without the prescribed muscle relaxants) and my restlessness is a sign to me that I am not in too much pain. But I am taking it easy. I have two books next to me, movies in the DVD player, and my crochet project at my side.....so not a bad way to spend a somewhat chilly day indoors.

Thelma, I haven’t applied either ice or heat to my leg. I told my DH this last night, and I explained that it really felt like all I needed was some Icy Hot (which worked great) and Tylenol. There is no swelling, so that is why I am not icing. But yesterday since the injury was new, I was hesitant to put heat on it since it isn’t recommended for new injuries. The doctor I saw didn’t even wrap it because of the lack of swelling and the fact that, as she put it, I have great stability in my knee (which makes me optimistic, to be honest). I have no doubt you are exhausted after the past two weeks! When are you heading back down to BR? Hopefully you have a little time to recover more.

Laurie, great workout! But yikes at the weather change. I bet you are glad it is Friday. Hopefully you have a quiet weekend planned ahead and can avoid as much as possible all the bad mess outside! It is never fun being injured, that’s for sure. But this is one of the rare times I hurt myself doing something somewhat related to the injury....lifting weights. Usually I go down with a bad injury from doing something like.....sneezing. Or walking up stairs. So I was happy to be able to tell the doctor it was a fitness related injury as opposed to my own clumsiness! :D

Tami, hope your trip is wonderful!

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Saturday was a bust for working out, I had a meeting in the morning and then got home at almost noon. On Sunday I had an earache, so I just did some stretching with Kelly from her RAW channel. Went to sleep last night with my heating pad, and this morning the ear is way better. I decided to nix the PHA, and went right into doing LiTe Strong Body Stacked Lower. I went up again on all the exercises, and in the future, for this workout I will be putting on my weighted vest. None of the moves are fast, so the vest will be a great way to add weight. I will be getting a tooth extracted on the 28th of this month. The oral surgeon says it should take about 30 min. for the appointment. ;) I'm okay with that.

Laurel, I can just tell by the way you are typing that you are restless. Now you can get caught up on all of those books and other projects. What Crochet project are you doing? Right now I'm making hats for Knots of Love. I also like making the hats for the hospitals, just my way to give since I love to knit and crochet. We are suppose to be getting some more snow tonight, and all the way into Wednesday. Our driveway is still really icy, and we have not found a place that has any salt available. Take care of yourself, and enjoy this downtime as much as you can.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Not much new to report on my leg. While in some ways it feels better, when I take a wrong step :o . I know I am being extra cautious with it since DH is gone and I don’t want to be alone and have it go out on me completely. But I am doing okay and trying not to let it get me down (too much) right now. I suppose it is a good thing (?) that I have so much experience with injuries that I am well aware that with time comes healing. So four days in is a little early to be impatient. :D

Laurie, I am sorry to hear about the ear ache, but glad it feels better today. There are few things worse than an ear ache because there is no way of getting away from it. Great job with the Stacked Lower Sets workout. I love the idea of a weighted vest with that one because there are no moves where it would be tricky. Great idea! I always keep a stash of baby yarn around the house because I absolutely love working with it to make baby blankets. I find it so relaxing. So I am making a baby blanket. I figure there will always be somebody who would want a handmade blanket for their little one. I am about half way through with the one I am making right now.....and trying to stretch it out until DH comes home and can get me more yarn for another project from my upstairs stash. B) Stairs are just a no-go for me, unfortunately. He’ll be home on Wednesday night so the timing could be perfect.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Aloha Ladies ~ Just checking back in with you to let you all know I made it back safe & sound. We arrived home early Friday a.m. after an all night “red eye” flight …. I see why they call them that. You are so tired your eyes are red. LOL Not a lot of sleeping. At any rate we had a great time despite the stormy/rainy/windy times we had at the North end of the island where we were (Princeville). We did get times during the day that it was sunny so that was very nice and we traveled down to Poipu, which is the south end of the island. Very nice there. Had we known in advance or our friends who made the arrangements we would have booked a resort there. With all that being said, it was very relaxing and nice, good to get away because we are now hit with snow and freezing temps here in the Northwest. BRRRR. We did get to go to the south side of the island a few times and it was beautiful there.

I was able to get in my daily treadmill or elliptical walk each a.m. for 60 min, so that was great! It was a tiny gym with only 6 treadmills, 3 ellipticals. We arrived home and I worked out on Saturday with LITE Metabolic Blast + Abs + Extended Stretch. My body was begging for a stretch after that flight forsure and this was a perfect workout to do. Yesterday I decided to do Rev’d Up Rumble + Extended Stretch. Tonight will be BootCamp after work. My alarm went off this a.m. and I didn’t even know where I was I was sleeping so hard.

Will pick back up on our rotation tomorrow a.m. Hope you are all doing well. I missed my daily chats with you ladies.

Laurel: What happened to your leg?!!? OH NO.

Talk to you tomorrow,
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I finally had a proper workout today! So happy! I went to the basement to try one of Cathe's new workouts and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to switch the tv to the dvd player. We took my other tv to GA and this tv is apparently set up differently. I ended up doing a 45 circuit Popsugar Fitness workout called 45-Minute Workout With Weights to Boost Your Metabolism. It was good and I might just keep doing popsugar workouts for now. Lucky for me right after the popsugar workout a fitness blender stretching workout started so I did it and I followed that with a spinal massage with my lacrosse balls.

Packing continued over the weekend with kitchen stuff but it's a lot less. Now it's a matter of going through things, like papers, photos that I really need to look at. Then I have to attack the attic again. Probably get rid of more stuff I've set aside to look at later. I really want to do as much as I can to help DH before I move to GA. He intends to do this second trip in one day too but it will take longer since we will have the cats. They will need food, water and potty breaks. We will be driving my Jeep and will haul a U-Haul trailer.
    My BIL will come here on Monday to pick up furniture they want and will take it with him. Yes! I've been cleaning walls and that has been a workout! I read online that Mr Clean Magic Eraser sponges get scuff marks off wall, and those things do work! I've done a bedroom, a staircase and a room downstairs. I am so happy with the results because now DH won't have to paint all those walls. He will have to do the wall trimming. Once I'm done with the walls, I'll move on to cleaning windows. I have about 5 1/2 weeks left to do all those things.

Laurie, great job with your workouts! Congrats on going up with your weights! Sorry about your earache. I hope you're feeling better! Great news from the oral surgeon with the procedure taking only 30 minutes!
    I am definitely busy in a much different way in a different way now that I'm not working. OMG with the icy driveway and you guys not being able to get any ice melt.

Laurel, I'm sorry you're already feeling so restless but at least you have stuff to keep you busy. I would think you could modify upper body workouts into chair workouts like I did when I had my bunionectomy, unless of course your workout room is upstairs!
    Of course you may get creative like I did the first time I had foot surgery. I would go up/down the stairs on my butt with the injured leg extended out. Think tricep workout! I used to have a backup on my back to carry things up/down the stairs.

I'm so glad the Icy Hot worked great for you! I would recommend Advil or Aleve though. I like that you're being extra cautious while your DH is away. I'm surprised they didn't give you crutches Laurel.
    we are thinking of making the next trip to BR on 3/23. It apparently never stops raining there! I asked the locals on Facebook today if it ever stopped raining there, someone said: "only on day that don't end in y." I guess I'll be doing a lot of reading too! LOL
    Bookbub.com offers some free ebooks on a daily basis or some at very low prices. So far I've only seen romances when it comes to freebies even though I checked different areas of interest.

Tami, welcome back!! I'm so glad you had a great vacation. Great job getting back into your workouts!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

XTrain Chest, Back & Shoulders for me this morning, and then I took the dog for a walk in about 6 inches of snow. The snow is still coming down, and isn't suppose to stop until tomorrow morning. DH was snow blowing the driveway when we went for the walk, and he doesn't have to work today. They closed the college for a snow day. :D I told him that I don't want a pile of snow on the driveway when I get home, I wouldn't be able to make it up if it isn't cleared. We still have the ice beneath.

Laurel, I'm so glad to hear that you are taking it easy on the leg. LOL about waiting for your DH to bring you some more yarn for your blanket projects. I would have to do the same thing, because all of my skeins are upstairs also. I think that when I do this series after the road trip I will be using that workout that way. I don't think that the Pyramid workout would be good with the vest, but then I wouldn't have to have heavy weights. I will have to think on that one also. I have plans already to use the vest for Meso 2 leg workouts, that way I don't have to have the super heavy weights to hold. I remember that my hands got really sore from holding those heavy weights.

Tami, I'm so glad to hear that you had a good time despite the weather. Nice that you could relax, but to bad that you are back to reality with the weather. I totally understand what you are going through, it has been rough weather for us for about a month now. It goes from frigid to warm to snow, just your typical WI weather. Great job on getting in some type of workout during your vacation also.

Thelma, Some of those popsugar workouts look really good, and I just wish that I had more time to try them out. I have been tempted by some of the HiiT and kickboxing ones. I need to get one of those erasers, it has been on my radar recently. I just forget to buy one, because I'm not in the cleaning aisle for my grocery runs. Busy busy with the packing, I'm sure that the return trip will be interesting with the cats. They have not been on a long car trip before.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Another day of nothing much to report. I am so looking forward to my Thursday doctor’s appointment so I can at least feel like I am starting to find a way forward. The good news is that I am improving every day. The bad news is it just doesn’t seem to be very quickly. But like I said yesterday, patience is a virtue.

Tami, I am glad you had a good time on your trip and were able to get in some workouts. I am sorry to hear about the rain, though. And those red eye flights are tough! Great workouts since you have been back as well, despite the long trip. I have no idea what is wrong with my leg, unfortunately. What I thought was shin splints seems to have become quite the knee injury. I remain positive that it isn’t something that will require surgery since I had no swelling and the pain is only intense if I put too much weight on it or twist in the wrong direction. I think Thursday’s appointment will lead to an MRI which will, hopefully, answer some questions about what was injured and how badly.

Thelma, sounds like you remain very busy with moving but are making good progress. We get about five inches less rain a year than you will have in Blue Ridge and, yes, it feels like it rains quite a bit. I thought it was an unusual amount of rain when we got here until I realized that everybody seems to be always prepared for rainy weather. :p But I will take it over snow any day, that’s for sure. DH did offer to bring my weights down stairs while he was gone this week for me to do upper body work, but, honestly, I decided a week off wasn’t going to hurt. But next week......I will have those weights down here and start doing something. This has actually been kind of a nice break for my body (injury aside) but much longer and I will go crazy! :o

Laurie, great workout! But yuck on the snow. I am glad your DH has the day off so you can find your house at the end of the day. :) My only thought about using the weighted vest on both the LITE lower body workouts is deadlifts. I think it would be okay with the Stacked Lower Body because if I remember correctly, there are only 10-12 reps on deadlifts per set. But in the Pyramid workout, there are, of course, 70 reps, so I don’t I would do that with the vest on my upper body. But maybe it is just me not liking to do deadlifts with the weighted vest! B)

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ We had a great BootCamp class last night. It felt like one we did not too long ago. Lots of Back/Bis and then Lunges and Squats, of course abwork mixed into all of it as well. Katy has a new injury that has her sidelined right now so she tends to take it a little easier on the format sometimes when that happens … well easier and then sometimes twice has hard because she is frustrated with herself I think. LOL She has had a pulled hamstring for quite a while and now her knee that she had surgery on a few years ago (same leg as the bad hamstring) she heard something pop last week, so that is really bothering her. This a.m. was Legs for me so I did LITE Stacked Lower Body.

Thelma: Sounds like you are getting everything all ready for the final stages of your move! I bet you are getting so excited. Are you absolutely loving not being at work now? Embracing the new life you have and your new home to look forward to? :) Congrats on getting in a workout you felt really good about yesterday! That is awesome. Always feels good when it is on your mind and you want to get it done and just don’t have the time/energy or whatever the case may be. YAAAAS on getting that in! I have used the Mr Clean white sponges for many amazing clean ups. The scuffs on walls will work great I bet!

Laurie: Great job with your workouts!!!! Don’t you just love XT Chest/Back/Shoulders?!?!! Yikes, I know your weather is worse than ours but we are getting hammered as well with the snow. This a.m. we woke up to what looked like a foot of snow. DH had a big rock go through the snow blower so fingers crossed he can fix it tonight. He had just finished our driveway early this a.m. and went over to help our neighbor when it happened. You and Laurel are talking about Meso 2, is this just the leg workouts then you are going to start adding into the rotation? Sorry, I haven’t read through all the posts I missed just yet but want to stay up on what’s happening with our rotation moving forward. Changing month-to-month for variety? ;)

Laurel: I am SO sorry to hear about your injury and how it is so unexpected, etc. As we have all talked over the years, it is never fun to be sidelined from our workouts and daily “to do’s” so I can imagine how frustrated you are. Especially the workouts you put in, you must be very restless. Patience, patience, patience. Which is super hard I know right now, but it will get better. I am glad you are able to do some upper body right now if you choose, will help your mindset in getting a workout in if you get too stir crazy. Like you said, the rest right now is probably a really good thing. I am hopeful for the very best case scenario for you on Thursday’s appt. It is a very good sign that you are getting better …. I would think that means something pretty easy to rehab. Thank you for the welcome home and kudos on my workouts. Feels good to be back to my routine. Eating and workouts & especially my own bed.

Hope you all have a great rest of your day/evening ~ talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, today's workouts were PopSugar Strong Legs and Core Workout, Cardio Pilates For a Flat Belly, and Stretching. Great workouts! I have enjoyed the ab workouts I've done since yesterday.
    We started this day with very cold temps, then got some snow this afternoon. It switched over to freezing rain sometime after 7PM. It whould be all rain by morning.

Laurie, nice workout! So brave of you to take Rocket out in about 6 inches of snow! I hope your DH got that snow removed!!! LOL
    You should try one of those Pogsugar workouts.

Laurel, I'm glad you're feeling better, and that you're seeing this time as a much needed break. Is your MRI this coming Thursay too? Patience is definitely a virtue.

I didn't realize AL also gets a lot of rain! Someone on FB told me that it has been unusually rainy so hopefully we will eventually get some dry days. It really is better than snow.
    We really are keeping busy and are making good progress. DH is going to switch gears from packing to repairing over the weekend. I will keep cleaning and packing the last few things I need to pack. I am hoping for warm temps so I can open the windows and clean them.

Tami, glad you enjoyed your BC class. Poor Katy with that injury!
    We are definitely getting close to the final stages of my move. I have moments when I get excited, but then I think DH are not going to be living in separate states and I just want to cry.
    I am loving not having to work. I feel like my last day at work happened years ago. I don't even think about that place. I am meeting a couple of my workmates for lunch on Friday which should be great. I am happy that I"m at a point when I can slowly start getting back into a workout routine. The Popsugar workouts are perfect for me right now. Those Mr. Clean sponges are amazing. Our guestroom walls and one our stairways had a lot of scuff marks and now they are so clean.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

DH was a good guy and the driveway was cleared enough for me to get up the driveway. This morning was another day of just me and Rocket on our walk, because DH had to do some more snow blowing. The snow has stopped, but what a mess. There are a lot of cars that are buried in the snow, and it sure is causing some traffic situations. My workout was LiTe Rev'd Up Rumble with weighted gloves, and this one is fast becoming my favorite. I might try out the mish mosh with the abs mixed in at some point.

Laurel, I admire you taking care of your leg and not being tempted to try anything to hurt it further. I agree with you on the deadlifts. I have a vest that I can easily take off, so I'm going to for sure use it for the Meso 2 Legs. She gives enough time between exercises, that I think I can take if off or put it back on if need be. You are right that Pyramid workout wouldn't work to well with the vest. I have been watching some of the tips on Cathe's youtube channel from when STS first came out. I should probably have been watching them more often, because there are some really good tips in there. I'm really bad with push-ups, and now I'm going to wear my weighted vest to help strengthen my core in the future. I guess I should wear that thing more often, it appears to be a good tool.

Tami, Nice that you class was a good one, and great job on the workout. Don't you just love all of this snow. NOT, I'm really over it. Right now it is sunny, but cold. This week is my last week of the first month, and next week is a rest week. I really haven't figured out what I will be doing next week. It for sure will incorporate the LiTe Metabolic workout and probably the Upper Body one. Will mix in some Kelly and Jillian too. I will then move onto Meso 2 workouts. Dang on the snowblower hitting a rock, I hope that he is able to fix it. Dang on Katy's injury, hope it heals fast.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts, I was looking at a Popsugar boxing one yesterday. It looked fun. We had weather like yours last week, and then we got dumped on with all this snow. Tomorrow they say rain/snow mix, so that will not be a fun day either.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Well, DH is coming home a little earlier than planned today so we moved my doctor appointment to this afternoon. I am looking forward to either getting some answers or at least starting more tests. Every day I keep feeling better, and I take that as a good sign. Today I am super restless, so I know I will be having DH bring my weights downstairs tonight. I am ready to do something, that’s for certain.

Tami, I am sorry to hear about Katy’s injury and so understand her frustration. Thank you for your support and understanding. I am really trying hard right now to take it all in stride and, for the most part, I am doing okay with that. Like Laurie said, the plan on the rotation was to take next week as a ‘recovery’ week, and then go into Meso 2 (both upper and lower) in the pattern we were doing last month, so it would look like:

Sunday-lower body workout of choice
    Monday-Meso 2 upper body
    Tuesday-Meso 2 lower body
    Wednesday-Meso 2 upper body
    Thursday-cardio/stretch
    Friday-total body of choice
    Saturday-yoga

Hope that helps. I hope DH can fix your snow blower. Stay safe!

Laurie, this last storm of yours sounds horrible....and it looks like another one is headed that way! Bet you are counting the days until spring. Great job with that fun workout! I remember watching those videos when STS first came out, but I haven’t since then. It probably would be worth giving them another viewing. Like you, I probably could and should be using my weighted vest more often.

Thelma, great job with the workout. I too saw that Hawaii got snow!! That is crazy. I loved reading what you said about not missing your job. That means you are really in a good place. No doubt the time you are living apart from your DH will be difficult, though. Hopefully you can plan on some long weekends together during that time which will help make it go a little faster.

See you tomorrow.....maybe even with an upper body workout done! :)

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Workout this a.m. was XT Chest/Back/Shoulders, always a good one! Tonight I am headed to Spinning. I imagine we will have a sub-instructor since Katy is hurt.

Thelma: I saw that about Hawaii on the news! CRAZY weather. Great job on your PS Strong Legs and Core workout, Cardio Pilates and a Stretch. Way to go. I feel for you and Laurie with your super cold temps and all the snow. We have been hammered with the same thing but you guys have been dealing with it much longer. Yikes! We had a small break after last night’s storm and now we have more coming. BANANAS! I love that it feels like such a long time ago you were at work, I knew you would feel that way. You’ll be surprised how good it feels when you talk with your old co-workers and how glad you will be you’re not there.

Laurie: UGH on all the snow clearing you guys have going on. Our neighbor did our driveway this a.m. (SO NICE!) DH just hadn’t made it out there yet, but he did get it fixed luckily so we are ready for the next storm. DH pays him in Salmon filets when he helps out. LOL Excellent job on RU Rumble, I really enjoyed that one the other day! That was my first time trying that one. Thank you for the info on our rotation. I will need to make a plan as well for next week.

Laurel: I ditto Laurie on the admiration to just take a break …. I know its super hard right now mentally. I am glad your appt was moved to today. Can’t wait to hear your results. Thank you for the update on our rotation ….. once again I am not in the loop. Thank you for keeping me on track.

Have a great night ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, today's workouts were PopSugar Cardio Kickboxing, Leslie Sansone Power Walk, Stretching. I used my boxing gloves for 3/4 of the class.
    I decided to try a new hair stylist and people in my town had recommended as someone who knows how to cut curly hair. She is a certified DevaCurl stylist. This certification sounds like it is a big deal. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. I desperately need a hair!

Laurie, so glad your DH was so good about clearing up the driveway so you could get up there! The kickboxing workout I did wasn't fast but it was great me cause I was feeling tired

Laurel, so glad you're feeling better. So glad your DH returned home early so you could see the doctor today and he could get you your weights and yarn.

Definitely crazy about Hawaii getting snow. I am really not missing work at all. I knew I woudln't have a hard time adjusting.
    DH will visit us in BR once a month. I need to learn to get to the airport from BR. It is a pain getting to the airport! I don't even know where I would pick him up. I told him to rent a cheap car to get to BR and back to the airport! LOL. DH works from home 3-4 days a week so he can go to BR and work from there too.

Tami, great workout!! I hope you had a good spinning sub.

I still can't get over the snow in Hawaii. So much for global warming! We've had some cold temps this winter but hardly any snow. We had a couple of inches last night and then the rain melted some of it. Got a little dusting tonight.
    OMG, I missed the story about your broken snow blower! I hope your DH was able to fix it. Sorry you are getting more snow!
    It is so weird how work seems like part of a very distant past. I think I would've felt this way even if I hadn't been so busy since I quit. I'm sure it will feel really good to hear my old co-workers talk about how misserable they are at work. THAT will make me feel really good about not being at that place anymore.
    I just can't even begin to tell you how happy DH is about this big move to BR. I pray we sell our current home quickly so he can move to GA but he probably needs to stay in MA until June so he can finish a work project.

If you think you're not in the rotation loop, imagine how I feel but I won't worry about that. At least I'm finally feeling like I can get into some kind of a workout routine.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma