Starting for the 88th time.

Replies

• Dawnvtj wrote: »
    Same here. I have 900 accounts on here because I want to start over fresh and forget to delete them. I'm sick of making new accounts. lol
    Hey ! Stick around......I may think I have 900 other friends here if you keep that up ha-ha. Let's do it this year, not next ;)
  • theUndauntedMom
    theUndauntedMom Posts: 18 Member
    Hi all! Making my weekly ride through the community boards. Staying motivated via participation. @CSARdiver - I love that acronym! I am going to make that my mantra this week.
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Just added you! I love all the random, amazing, motivated, and dedicated people I've connected with on MFP. Through all my ups and downs, good days and bad, there's always someone here to inspire me, or console me, or just make me feel like I'm not alone.

Welcome friend :-)
  • So true, having MFP community is really helping me.

Just added you! I love all the random, amazing, motivated, and dedicated people I've connected with on MFP. Through all my ups and downs, good days and bad, there's always someone here to inspire me, or console me, or just make me feel like I'm not alone.

Welcome friend :-) [/quote]

• A realization I had today: I am falling back into the habit of not going to the gym after work since falling on the ice last week. Not tonight!! I will be there, cannot get back into the bad habit of not going.
  • tufntender
    tufntender Posts: 98 Member
    Hi all. I am back at it again as well. Lost around 30 lbs a couple of years ago and it has just about all crept up on me again. Started slacking on food, just couldn't maintain my weight. Changing from an active job to a sedentary one didn't help. Still trying to exercise, sigh. Here is to starting again!
  • @tuffntenda glad you popped in. I have found this to be a quiet, slow thread, but I find the subject do important.
    Being 57 years old and going through this so many times over the past 20 years, talking to others that can understand the frustration and/or discouragement of it is helpful.
    Not sure how long your struggle has been, but 88 times also caught your attention;)
  • Longing4Maui
    Longing4Maui Posts: 51 Member
    It’s Friday and close to the weekend, which is the hardest time for me to stay on track with watching my calories. Seems I do pretty good during the week, but oh those weekends can be really hard. Hang in there everyone, we CAN do this and get these pounds OFF. I’m also wondering if any of you ‘older’ friends are having the struggles I am, in that when I lost a good chunk of weight about 20 years ago-it came off quicker and seemed easier (although at the time I know it wasn’t). I hate that with age, the metabolism changes, but those cravings still continue. Younger friends, get the weight off now and work to keep it off; as it really is true it is harder as you get older!!!!
  • ndargy1977
    ndargy1977 Posts: 38 Member
    I'm here AGAIN too!!! 8 is my favorite number, so 88 must mean something! HA!! I've saved this post, hoping that I can get these pesky 20 pounds off....... and yes, @Longing4Maui - the older we get, the harder it is!!! Not until I hit 45 did I have trouble getting weight off.....and now I'm 50 so it's really hard :(

I just started back this week........CICO is the way to go!!! I also started back at the gym, 2 classes this week.

We can do this!! Feel free to add me as well :)
  • Count me in also. First time back on here in almost 3 years. Can't count t how many times I have "tried" to start in between. This is the real deal this time.
    Recently single mom of 3. Need to fall in love with myself again.
    Add me and we can make this fun and challenging.
  • kirstyfoy
    kirstyfoy Posts: 139 Member
    Feel free to add me. I've been on and off since 2011. This time I've been doing it for a year and 2 months and lost 62lbs so far x
  • Longing4Maui
    Longing4Maui Posts: 51 Member
    62 pounds, that’s awesome!!!!
  • lesleyanne65
    lesleyanne65 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2019
    I’m starting again lost count how many Rhône’s though. I have tried lots of diets and classes but nothing seems to work ☹️ please add me need all the help I can get x
  • tobidog67
    tobidog67 Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm in. Maybe if I have some encouragement/accountability buddies I'll quit falling off the wagon. :D
  • korva
    korva Posts: 22 Member
    Hi all! I just had a baby and now need to lose 30 lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • RKBELL2013
    RKBELL2013 Posts: 1 Member
    I’ll be friends. Like you this is my umpteenth time. I am going back to the only program that has worked for me. In ‘99 I gave quick weight loss centers a try. From April 15 to November 18 I lost 85 pounds. THEN... I had a daughter born 3 months premature and the hospital she was in was the other side of Atlanta from where I lived, so food was grab a burger and drive to the hospital for 3 months. Since then (1999) I have done, several diets. On January 13 this year (2019) I went back to Quick weight loss centers. Since start I have lost 20 pounds. Let the accountability and mutual support begin!!!
  • Hello 88th timers! I missed logging in my food for 3 days. Feel like I am AGAIN starting again!!
  • TinaLynn155
    TinaLynn155 Posts: 13 Member
    Good morning, feel free to add me!