How do I maintain my weight

Hi

I am roughly 48-50kgs and want to maintain that rather than constantly fluctuating. Where do I start? I have no idea how to maintain where I am and not lose any more weight?

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    How much fluctuation are you talking about? A few kg up or down each day is totally normal. Most of us just have a weight range that we try to stay within. I have a 5 pound range and that is plenty to account for my body’s natural fluctuations; some people prefer a larger or smaller range.

Set your MFP for maintenance and see how you do with that number of calories in a month. Add calories if you’re still losing. Use a weight trend app like Libra or Happy Scale to help “smooth out” the daily weight fluctuation.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    If 48-50kgs is your weight range then you know if you lose below that you then need to increase your calories a little. We don't weigh one given number, hence having a maintenance range.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Most of us set a 5-10 lb range for maintenance and try to stay somewhere in that range. No one is the exact same weight every day.