Let's play a game! Of veg inspiration!

Replies

• tamazinegrace
    tamazinegrace Posts: 25 Member
    The Vegsporation game 😂
  • tamazinegrace
    Salt and chilli cauliflower.

Fry bell pepper, spring onion, garlic and chilli in a little oil. Add salt.
    Cut caulli into bite size florets.
    Mix caulli and salt and chilli mix together.
    Bake in the oven on 200 for around 20 mins, depending on how aldente/tender you prefer :)

Bone apple teeth 🤣
  • tamazinegrace
    edited February 2019
    P.s if you like these kind of posts, recipes, infornation, tips and tricks, fun ways to burn extra cals etc feel free to add me as a friend for daily inspo posts and such! :)
  • tamazinegrace
    Well this went well 🙄
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Brussell sprouts - Cut a cross at the top to open it up a bit. Mix it with a bit of olive oil, pepper and nutmeg and then roast. Doing it this way has made a vegetable I didn't like into one of my favourites.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Zucchini or yellow squash sliced thin into about 1/4" thick, sprinkled with the grated Parmesan in the cannisters (because it has a more crumbly texture), spread out on a single layer on a baking sheet and baked until the cheese is browning. This makes for a texture similar to fried squash but without nearly as many calories.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Sweet potato peeled and cut into about 1 inch cubes coated with either non stick spray or spray butter (this helps them cook faster and softer), then mix in cinnamon to your tastes (I use a lot) and bake until done
  • robbell678
    robbell678 Posts: 140 Member
    Red peppers, green peppers, yellow onions,white potatoes, 2 bulbs garlic cloves (unpeeled),basil infused olive oil, herb de Provence mix, kosher salt, coarse black pepper. All cut into mouth sized, mixed together in big zip lock bag, spread evenly ( not piled too high) onto parchment paper covered bake pan. 400 degree oven till all veggies slightly browned or blacked(whatever’s your favourite!).
    Garlic is nicely cooked and is easily mashed out of skin and into your mmmmmmouth!
    I love this, it’s so tasty.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    What does "INSPO" mean?
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Well this went well 🙄

I don't really think in terms of recipes. For me inspiration is going to the store, seeing what looks good, and then when cooking taking out the veg I have and figuring out how they will fit in with what I'm planning to make (pasta or chicken or salmon or lentil stew or what not).

Basic good ways to cook them are sauteeing and roasting and steaming (or in a soup). Using herbs with them can be tasty, I usually use a little olive oil, and both lemon juice and vinegar can be nice additions, especially with greens.

But ask me for a recipe and my mind goes blank. I do look at a couple of recipe books in particular if stymied in how to successfully use a particular vegetable: Greene on Greens and Barbara Kafka's Vegetable Love.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Eggplant, cauliflower, spinach - a mild curry with cumin seeds, black mustard seeds, onion / ginger / garlic, a little tomato puree or one tomato, ground coriander, touch chili powder, touch (or two) curry powder. Let it simmer,aha!
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    robbell678 wrote: »
    Red peppers, green peppers, yellow onions,white potatoes, 2 bulbs garlic cloves (unpeeled),basil infused olive oil, herb de Provence mix, kosher salt, coarse black pepper. All cut into mouth sized, mixed together in big zip lock bag, spread evenly ( not piled too high) onto parchment paper covered bake pan. 400 degree oven till all veggies slightly browned or blacked(whatever’s your favourite!).
    Garlic is nicely cooked and is easily mashed out of skin and into your mmmmmmouth!
    I love this, it’s so tasty.

I know this one as "letcho" - lots of variations in South - East Europe under the same name. Currently we have a glut of bell peppers and I am preparing a couple of jars.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    What does "INSPO" mean?

It refers to when someone hopes to inspire a social media following and for some reason picked MFP as their platform.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Inspo = Inspiration
  • Safari_Gal
    edited February 2019
    Hey @tamazinegrace

Love the veg-spo! ☺️

I’m loving kale sprouts lately!! They are a cross between kale and Brussels sprouts!

I just steam them and add a lil grey salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Did I mention how cute they are?

o0u6wrf70f3d.jpeg

I’m also into using fresh herbs as much as possible. I can’t wait for spring to get my herb garden growing. I like to make fresh thyme chicken salad. It’s aromatic and very tasty!

My recipe:
    Chicken chunks (or shredded)
    Mayo
    Green onion stalk
    Alfalfa sprouts
    Chopped fresh thyme
    Salt /pepper

oblqt95ge5ic.jpeg

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    What does "INSPO" mean?

It refers to when someone hopes to inspire a social media following and for some reason picked MFP as their platform.

Got it, thanks. Photos would be much better than recipes. Most people are visually oriented when it comes to food and showing what you did with vegetables might help others with ideas.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Inspo = Inspiration

Wouldn't that be "Inspi" ? <confused>
  • Safari_Gal
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Inspo = Inspiration

Wouldn't that be "Inspi" ? <confused>

That makes total sense— I guess inspo sounded better lol
    I don’t know the origin of inspo but it’s been shorted to mean inspiration kind of like “convo” means conversation.

Fitspo= fitness inspiration. I think we just coined vegspo above ☺️

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited February 2019
    "Inspo" or "Fitspo" or anything-po comes from a portmanteau of "inspiration" and "motivation". That's why it's "po" and not "pi.
  • Safari_Gal
    "Inspo" or "Fitspo" or anything-po comes from a portmanteau of "inspiration" and "motivation". That's why it's "po" and not "pi.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh