Weekly Post 11/02/2019 - 17/02/2019

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,957 Member
Good morning and happy Monday to you, fasting friends!!

Just read what you guys wrote over the weekend. :)
Hope you are staying warm! LOL too funny about the Grammys @mamainthekitchen! I love to watch the Oscars too, but the Grammys I always feel like I don't know so many of the artists. :O

@KateNkognito hang in there with school! You got this!

We had a nice visit with my guy's parents on Saturday. His mom is a great cook and she cooks healthy which is nice. The other nice thing is she sent us home with leftovers. Yummm...

Planning on eating well this week and finally getting back to the gym for a few nights this week.

Hope everybody is good! See you soon!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen I *am* avoiding an assignment! LOL Sorry it wasn't the Oscars!
    @Meghan509 I hope you have a nice normal week! Enjoy the leftovers!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Always nice to get leftovers meg! That is nice of her.

Ya apparently my husband heard me say I was looking forward to the Oscars but didn’t correct me!!!

I wonder if MFP has a workout category for shoveling snow? Haha it started snowing 2 days ago and hasn’t stopped! It is warming up a bit and we’re now at a balmy -1C! But that shoveling is a workout!

I found some delicious sugar free hard cinnamon candies from “Russell stover” which are fantastic! For someone like me (who loves candy) this was a good find... super cinnamony (if that’s a word!) found them were all the other diabetic sugar free candy is. Keeps me content until the next phase of cravings hit.

Schools closed due to snow but my daughter took a 12 hr shift at the hospital, so I’ll need to make something yummy for dinner!

Hope everyone has a good day! Anyone fasting tomorrow?? I’ve already had veg soup & grilled cheese for lunch, so I may just finish off my soup for my own dinner and end with a low day! But keen to fast again properly!! Argh!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody!

We had a snow day yesterday here, in Southern New England. We had only a few inches fall down during the day but then sleet and rain came with ice. There were lots of accidents and fortunately, I was able to stay home and work remotely and avoid all that crazy mess. Today's drive was not bad. Just some slushy mess. Time for a car wash! LOL

Not much happening here. I am not fasting, just eating "weight loss" calories for now. Just had some oatmeal and about to start drinking some water.

See you all soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    So glad to hear you were able to work from home yesterday meg, that’s awesome of your company!! We’ve got the slush mess too now. Now I hear we’re getting more snow next week! Hoping this won’t interfere with anniversary plans!

Making soup today! I’m simmering lemongrass, ginger and garlic with veg broth & a little mixed veg (carrot,celery&onion) then I’m going to remove lemongrass & ginger....purée the rest until smooth, then add more veg stock, more veg; chopped zoodles, shaved carrot & potato.... (yes I’m using my spiralizer accessories!) & diced green pepper and add back in the lemongrass & ginger chunk. After veg are tender I’m pouring in coconut milk, spike it with some S&P and paprika, remove the lemongrass & ginger and serve piping hot!?oh my goodness! Smells & tastes so yummy! AND it’s dairy free!

Have a good day people!
  • zeke2215
    zeke2215 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I've been using MFP for awhile but am currently on my first week of fasting. I was stuck at the same weight for what seemed like forever so I finally decided to give IF a try. I was pretty scared until I found the 5:2 approach and thought it might be better for me because I work out 5 days a week mostly in the mornings so I didn't want to wait until noon to have my first meal of the day and I still get to eat a little something on my fast days. After one week I've already lost 6 pounds! Don't have much more to lose, maybe 3-4 pounds then I guess I'll switch to 6:1 for maintenance. I really like the way it makes me feel though, so much cleaner and less dependent on food! :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @zeke2215 Welcome to our group! When I fast, it really does make me feel so much better. Glad it is working for you!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    jypsnv3zt8vm.jpg
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody. Happy Valentine's Day. <3 Thought that a little Snoopy pic would brighten things up around here.

@mamainthekitchen that soup sounds heavenly!!

@zeke2215 welcome! So glad you have joined us!

@KateNkognito hope your week is going well and school is good!

Not too much happening over here. Looking forward to a long weekend as my office is closed on Monday, February 18 for President's Day. After that, no more company holidays for us until Memorial Day! UGH! I will probably take off Good Friday and we are planning to head somewhere warm for a week in early May. Going to start planning that with another couple in another week or so.

Just had some oatmeal and have so far successfully ignored the Dunkin' Donuts Valentine's Day dozen, sitting in our kitchen / break room. Send positive vibes for strength, please!! :blush:

Have a good one. See y'all soon!
  • zeke2215
    Options
    Meghan509 wrote: »
    Good morning everybody. Happy Valentine's Day. <3 Thought that a little Snoopy pic would brighten things up around here.

@mamainthekitchen that soup sounds heavenly!!

@zeke2215 welcome! So glad you have joined us!

@KateNkognito hope your week is going well and school is good!

Not too much happening over here. Looking forward to a long weekend as my office is closed on Monday, February 18 for President's Day. After that, no more company holidays for us until Memorial Day! UGH! I will probably take off Good Friday and we are planning to head somewhere warm for a week in early May. Going to start planning that with another couple in another week or so.

Just had some oatmeal and have so far successfully ignored the Dunkin' Donuts Valentine's Day dozen, sitting in our kitchen / break room. Send positive vibes for strength, please!! :blush:

Have a good one. See y'all soon!

Thanks!!! :) Sending positive vibes your way <3
  • mamainthekitchen
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Ahhhh Snoopy!!! Thanks Meghan! Hoping you survived the donuts displayed in your office!!! Omg :#

Tomorrow I’m going to fast!! I’ll have oatmeal around noon and plan on some spiked unsweetened almond milk in the afternoon (little slice of fresh ginger & a shake of cinnamon) it’s very filling and good for my bones & nails which have looked horrible lately! Then soup for dinner ! Maybe ginger kombucha after dinner as a treat.... cross your fingers I pull that off!

Welcome @zeke2215 glad you’re joining us! Woohoo .....new blood guys!! Let’s us know how you’re doing!

Exhausted after another snowy afternoon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning gang!

Good, glad you liked Snoopy! :smiley: Hee hee!

Funny thing happened with the donuts yesterday. Seems that there were not that many takers of the donuts, in the AM. Our team came out of a staff meeting at around noon, and looked in the kitchen and the donuts were GONE! Everybody was in a panic. LOL Someone went upstairs to our other floor and low and behold the donuts were moved to that kitchen / break room! Seems that the woman who brought them in took a look and saw there were not many taken and moved them. The horror! It made it easier for me to ignore them, I just avoided the upstairs kitchen! So, Meghan - 1, Donuts - 0!

Had my weekly appointment with my physical therapist last night. I am still feeling pain in my hip and upwards through my back and neck at times but I am feeling better then when all this started late last fall. I take the meds once every few days or as needed. I pushed my next appt. with her to two weeks. Going to see how that works.

Our office is closed on Monday, so a lot of people are out or remote today. Parking garage at work was dead and commute was easy. Let's home that continues tonight.

Have a great day everybody! See you soon!
  • zeke2215
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm on my fourth fast day now and the nerves seem to be getting a little better. I start my day with some dark chocolate collegan in my coffee (50 cal, 10 grams protein) then I'll have a protein bar for lunch and probably some riced cauliflower with shrimp and a little ghee for dinner o:)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    u6qktgwt7mz9.png
    Stupid Groundhog. Good thing he's cute! I am COLD!!

I hope everyone else is warm and cozy and having a great weekend!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    ^^^^^ bahahaa!!!! Just now trying warming up after the dog walk! My winter boots are no longer waterproof and on the right one the seam has come apart from the sole!! :s Icy slush came pouring through soaking my cold feet & socks! Time for new winter boots!!! So, no Kate... I’m not warm and cozy... not yet anyway!!