WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2019

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    tksteps wrote: »
    Hello everyone. Is anyone using a step counting app on their android phone that syncs with my fitness pal ?

I have used one type or another of FitBit for several years. I now use a FitBit Charge 3 and absolutely love it.

Janetr OKC
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    B)<3:)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Karen with Twins ~ Love the cute suits on those handsome babies. <3

Heather ~ Thank goodness you husband was there. :o

Allie ~ Alfie is a doll. :)

Kay ~ Sorry about the tax mess and broken tooth. :s We used HR Block but we paid a pretty penny to have them done.

That's all I can remember right now. ;) Supposed to rain all week here. :'(

Carol in GA

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Thanks ladies for the sweet comments on Matthew.

Barb in Oregon, I resist all you asked about cuddling Matthew as he is in So Cal and we are in OK :(

Karen Twins Grandma - they are sooooooooo cute and the shirts cracked me up. Very inventive.

Love you my friends,
    Janetr OKC
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Hello Lanette and pleased to find another person following the same plans. I weigh in on a Tuesday morning and will post how I am getting on.

• wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Been weighing myself everyday. I know, I know. But, I am almost always .2 less than the day before. Good to see.

Sharon – thanks. I hope to still be riding my horse, bareback, full speed at 75. Many of my friends still do (well not bareback, that’s my thing). If they can do it so can I!!!

Katla – I always look for your comments when I post. You’re one of the people who I always remember. Along with Barbie (she has poodles!!) and Michelle, and a few others.

TinaDuke – OMG, another Mom with what I call mid-life crises children. I’m 59 and have a 17 year old, a 19 year old, a 23 year old (step daughter) and a 40 year old. There’s literally 21 years between my 1st and second child, and 23 between my first and last. I’m told they keep you young. Schools out on that. Never heard the term pescatarian before. I could be one of those. I’m from New Orleans and have always eaten more seafood than other meats. Plus I’m an avid animal lover. Would love to quit eating them.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    :)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Caught up reading. Welcome all the newbies.
    Karen- your BOGO grandbabies are precious.
    NYKaren- love That you are in Florence and hope you get to Venice or the east coast. We visited Italy when we were stationE in England and drove all over the country. It was interesting as we were used to driving on the wrong side of the road in England.
    Thinking what my cup is filled with. I need someone to shake me out of my “I don’t care “ attitude. Pip, are you available.
    Lisa- I worry about you but know you will take all precautions. Just don’t push yourself too hard.
    Oops battery down to 3 % so better post.
    Suebdew in TX
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Lisa in AR, when I was a kid I always read that as "girding my lions". I wondered what they needed belts for, but thought it must be something to do with harness, and how cool it was that someone somewhere had multiple lions trained to pull.

TinaDuke, I would be worried all to heck about borderline type 1 diabetes. Is there a public health service where you can get that checked for free? Saving your sight, heart and feet/legs would be a good motivator for me. All those are needed to have any fun in retirement and see those kids grown and settled.

Dr. Katiebug, what form is itthats giving you conniptions? Sometimes it's the fault of the information on the form? PM me if you think I can help.

Heather, I found myself salivating, not at the mention of ice cream, but at the idea of sunshine and somewhat warmer weather. I'm glad you're feeling so much better

Mary from WI, I'll just bet there's too much snow and ice still. Stick to that nice warm pool and whatever you can do at home or at the local rec center. Good going for you!

Vicki, ALS is a horrible disease. I hate it, MS, CF, Lupus, MD, Huntington's, dementia and all the others that stea our loved ones' bodies and minds a creeping inch at a time. I'm sorry to hear your DSIL has it.

wessecg (?), you on your horse, me on a mid/sized BMW bike! Yee-haw!

Oh dear, Pip! Use that boot on whatever ails you! So sorry you're ill.

I can finally get my car up and down our hill. I devoutly hope it stays this way. I did my 1000 steps today - up from 750. I'm hoping to gradually get stronger and improve cardiovascular health. My physical therapist has me working on that and upper body strength. If I can't ditch the can I don't want a sore right shoulder all the time! Do any of the rest of you use a cane? Most of you sound so fit I can't imagine it.

Sharon, thawing but still cold, Near Seattle
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    That was supposed to be, "where in Kentucky?"
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    trucker743 wrote: »
    My physical therapist has me working on that and upper body strength. If I can't ditch the can I don't want a sore right shoulder all the time! Do any of the rest of you use a cane? Most of you sound so fit I can't imagine it.

Sharon, thawing but still cold, Near Seattle

I did use a cane for a week when my PT thought I had a fractured hip. You've got to get it the right height, and there is a trick to using it ... hold it in the hand of your good side, not your bad side. Then your cane and bad side go forward together, and the good leg goes next, then the cane and bad leg, then the good leg. It's terribly slow, but you can get into a bit of a rhythm.

Sorry ... you might be doing that already.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    I'm about to do the weirdest thing ... for me. It's 10 pm, and I'm going to take my vitamins and go to bed. At 10 pm!!! And I had a 1.5 hour nap after work too.

I had to juggle my Things To Do list a bit and just push a few things off till tomorrow in order to accomplish this, but I don't think I'd do anything worthwhile if I stayed up and tried to accomplish something.

M in Oz