Jp's omad journey

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Try having a splurge day and then getting right back to OMAD, I hope the weight starts going down soon o:)
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    I second a splurge day. Sometimes when I seem to have stalled, the extra food does the trick to release whatever my body is holding on to. Worth a shot?
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    edited February 2019
    Plateaus are evil. Maybe your pants getting loser? Maybe your face looks thinner? Do you do your measurements? I also have the stall effect sometimes. But I recognise that my clothes are getting loser. God only knows whats happening inside. Once we eat the food its out of our hands, our bodies just do whatever, we have no control over it. We are like a separate mechanism really. Keep your head up, it will eventually catch up..
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    edited February 2019
    @mistymeadows2005 - I normally just eat 1 meal a day without counting calories. However, when I feel that my weight just don't move, I will start to measure my food and write down the calories on my food app. I tend to eat around 1100 - 1200 calories on a normal day. When I decided that I should lower my calories, I measured my food and ate around 800 - 900 calories per day during OMAD. However, I didn't loose any weight. I guess may be its just a stubborn plateau. :(

@volgirl1322 - I second that! :( I really hate plateaus!!! Yesterday, I tried eating everything that I want to eat. No counting calories what-so-ever. Hopefully, I am able to confuse my body and hopefully some magic will happen. :) 130s lbs is still on a high side for me as I am a real shortie at 5 feet 2.5. How tall are you, btw?

@Brendalea69 & @jadeblue14 - Yes, I did that yesterday (splurge day). Hopefully, it will do the trick! Fingers cross!

Week: 29
    CW: 62kg (136.6lbs)

Good afternoon OMADers!

It has been a crazy few days here! :o:s We were sweating and struggling to stay cool in the hot & humid weather and just like that, we were hit with wild storms swept the state, bringing down power lines and trees, causing flash flooding and sparking a house fire. Our little town was without power for more than 2 hours. And today, right now, its really deciding if it should rain or not. That's the weather here for us :(

As suggested, I tried the splurge day yesterday! I didn't weigh myself today as I think I will gain lots of weight due to my splurge day. I am back up on my wagon today and I will start again. I will weigh myself in these few days and see if my body fell for the trick. Fingers cross!!!

Hope that you guys are doing much better than me <3
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member

@volgirl1322 - I second that! :( I really hate plateaus!!! Yesterday, I tried eating everything that I want to eat. No counting calories what-so-ever. Hopefully, I am able to confuse my body and hopefully some magic will happen. :) 130s lbs is still on a high side for me as I am a real shortie at 5 feet 2.5. How tall are you, btw?

I am abut 5 foot 4,5 so a shortie as well. Hopefully your splurge will confuse your body drinking tons of water also helps with flushing out the salt if you had any of that. I am sure the scale will continue downward for you soon!!!

• jadepearl
    @volgirl1322 - I would love to be 5' 4.5" :) Furthermore, being a pear-shaped doesn't make it easier. Yes, I sure hope it will do the trick. Didn't weigh myself today though...but I will tomorrow (Sat). Have a wonderful weekend :)
  • volgirl1322
    Fingers crossed for your weigh in tomorrow.....
  • jadepearl
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you <3

Week: 30
    CW: 61.4kg (135.3lbs)

Good Evening OMADers :)

The scale moved...even though its just a tiny bit, I will take it. :) My next mini goal weight will be 60kg (132.2lbs) and hopefully I can achieve it before 28th Feb of this month. Fingers cross!!!

Hope that you guys are having a wonderful weekend :)
  • jadepearl
    edited February 2019
    Week: 30
    CW: 60.8kg (134lbs)

Good Morning OMADers :)

I think it really did the trick! :) I weighed myself this morning and I am in the 60 region...wohoo! Hopefully, it will stay in the 60s and goes down to the 59s. I really do not want to see 61 anymore. Fingers cross!!!

My next mini goal - 59kg region :)

Hope that you guys are having a wonderful Monday too :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Nice overnight drop! GOTTA LOVE THOSE! :)
  • jadepearl
    @mistymeadows2005 - Sure do, loving this drop :) Really hope its going to go down lower and lower each day :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    jadepearl wrote: »
    @mistymeadows2005 - Sure do, loving this drop :) Really hope its going to go down lower and lower each day :)

From your mouth... :D:D:D
  • Awesome. You can do it!
  • volgirl1322
    That is great!!!!!! so glad it went down, patience is the key......and for me that is super tough bc I am totally NOT a patient person!!! Proud of you!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Awesome!!! :)
  • jadepearl
    Week: 31
    CW: 61.2kg (roughly 135lbs)

Good Evening OMADers!

How are you guys this Monday evening? I guess my happiness is short lived. I am back up to 61.2kg this morning. I have not binge or increase my food intake or anything. This is the stage where I can never ever get below 60kg. I have tried so many times since July 2018 and I just keep failing. Its as though someone put a spell on me or something :(

I will do my best this week, eat right, right calories and do my exercises and I will see what happen next. Wish me luck <3

Take care and have a great Monday :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    jadepearl wrote: »
    Week: 31
    CW: 61.2kg (roughly 135lbs)

Good Evening OMADers!

How are you guys this Monday evening? I guess my happiness is short lived. I am back up to 61.2kg this morning. I have not binge or increase my food intake or anything. This is the stage where I can never ever get below 60kg. I have tried so many times since July 2018 and I just keep failing. Its as though someone put a spell on me or something :(

I will do my best this week, eat right, right calories and do my exercises and I will see what happen next. Wish me luck <3

Take care and have a great Monday :)

Stay the course, trust the process, and KEEP GOING - it's so hard, I know, but worth it.

What's your idea weight for your body? Just making sure your body isn't telling you that it's lost enough weight (If I was still trying to lose at 135 it'd be like HE** NO but I'm 5'7" sooooooooo LOL)
  • futuredrbri
    futuredrbri Posts: 147 Member
    I also have a really rough time getting below a couple of weights where my body just fights me SO much, and 135 is one of them! But once I pass it, the weight seems to move again at its normal pace, but I tend to get stuck at 135 for 2-3 weeks before I see a change. When that happens, I try not to weigh as frequently just to maintain my sanity, as I will sometimes get discouraged and consider abandoning whatever I've been doing. It looks like you have the right attitude, though, so good luck! I am cheering for you.
  • Brendalea69
    https://www.healthline.com/health/womens-health/average-weight-for-women#height-and-weight

This is the bmi chart I use because it goes by your frame size and my frame is large so I get to weigh more :)