Britt's OMAD Renewal

futuredrbri
futuredrbri Posts: 147 Member
edited February 2019 in Social Groups
Hi, fellow OMADers!
I'm Britt, and I was a member of this group a loooong time ago.
After several life changes (and several new pounds), I am back! I'm in it for the long haul this time, as I am determined to reach goal this summer and maintain for the rest of the year. I am also transitioning back to a vegan lifestyle with the hopes of achieving a high-raw vegan OMAD lifestyle in 2020.

Quick background:
My highest weight was 179+, and at 4'9", that was ridiculous. I have a naturally stocky build thanks to genetics, but I had no business being that big. My lowest adult weight was 132, and with the help of OMAD in the past, I got down to 137. My life has changed drastically since the last time I was here and posting regularly: I ended an engagement, moved twice, entered the second year of my doctoral program, and started a new relationship with the true love of my life. I am very, very happy now. I still experience daily stressors that I am working to address with a more concerted effort towards daily meditation/yoga, but with the major chaos settling down, I want to get back to taking care of me. That includes, among several other things, getting off the weight I gained (plus a bit more to get to goal). OMAD will be my partner in this endeavor. I am so happy to be back in this wonderful community, and I look forward to setting off on this journey once again.

Current stats:
Height: 4'9"
Weight: ~156
Goal Weight Range: 129 - 134

Replies

• futuredrbri
    Today was day 1. I would ordinarily post pics, but I am on the backend of a pretty severe cold. Accordingly, my meal was a very odd mix of what I wanted to eat to feel comfort physically and psychologically.

Day 1: 2/17
    Weight: ~156 (I know this is not accurate because I am sick and bloated, and I weighed after I had been drinking water)
    OMAD: ~3 PM
    Intake:
    Huge bowl of Cuban sopa de pollo, a pack of tropical lifesavers, and 2 rice cakes with chocolate peanut butter
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Britt, I'm so glad that you're back, you were missed!!! This is your year, I'm so happy for you :):):)
  • futuredrbri
    @Brendalea69 I miss you all SO much! I definitely needed the time away, but I thought of you all often. I'm so happy I'm back :smiley:
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Hi there! How are you? Good luck with your OMAD journey <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    BRITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT - so glad you're back lady! And YOU'VE BEEN BUSY!!! HOLY GEEZ!!!

Sounds like all good stuff though! We'll getcha back where you need to be! Loving the new picture, and can't wait to see your progress!!

ALSO super stoked that you're bringin' back the pics! LOVE ME some of the global food love you share with me <3
  • futuredrbri
    Hi, @jadepearl! Thank you for the positive energy!
    @mistymeadows2005 Thanks so much, girl! I won't have too many exciting pics until I'm at 100%, but I will definitely post the randomness I have in the meantime!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Hi, @jadepearl! Thank you for the positive energy!
    @mistymeadows2005 Thanks so much, girl! I won't have too many exciting pics until I'm at 100%, but I will definitely post the randomness I have in the meantime!

I love me some randomness :-D
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    OMG OMG OMG Britt!!!!!! I have missed you girl... WOW you have had a lot of going on.....But I am so happy you are back and moving in the right direction!!!

You have been missed!!!!
    Donna
  • futuredrbri
    @volgirl1322 I missed you, Donna! I'm so happy everyone seems to be doing so well!
  • volgirl1322
    We have all had our struggles for sure, this group is so supportive.
  • futuredrbri
    edited February 2019
    Day 2: 2/18
    Weight: ~156 (still not sure of the accuracy) | 27 pounds to go!
    OMAD: ~4 PM
    Intake:
    62uq23falmiy.jpg
    This photo isn't winning any awards, but it was good. I got a bowl of Greek avgolemono soup and ate it with some fruits and chocolate kisses leftover from Valentine's Day. I also had some ice cream (not pictured) to soothe my throat. At this point, I feel like I will be well enough to eat more solid foods soon, so my meals will be more plant-based in the coming days.
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Welcome Back Britt! I am so glad you are back and am so happy that things are going well. I have missed you and since you've been gone, I have put back on some weight myself and am working to get back to where I was and then some. You have been missed and I look forward to all of us progressing together. Again Welcome back!!
  • futuredrbri
    Thanks, @LadyBlanks!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I hope your cold is gone soon!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Ugh having a bug is the WORST! With fasting and my bone broth I've made it through unscathed thus far (knock on wood), so I feel your pain! Get better m'love!
  • volgirl1322
    Hope you feel better soon!
  • futuredrbri
    Thanks for the well wishes! Steph's post just reminded me of something huge: this is actually only my second time being sick in the past 3 years (which is HUGE because I used to get sick at least 6 times a year), and I realized that I have stopped drinking ACV regularly, which is what I used as a probiotic/wonder potion/end-all be-all LOL. I used to have it daily without exception, and I never got sick after I started drinking it except for when I caught the flu once. I ran out of it over the fall and never picked up a new bottle. So I haven't been having it, and I have gotten sick and re-sick in the past 10 days. Definitely picking back up with my ACV immediately!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Welcome back!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I need to get back to my ACV drinks. ACV is great for a lot of reasons, I don't know why I stopped.
  • volgirl1322
    I started mine back after surgery, no idea why I stopped but I did. I agree it has a lot of good benefits......