Jan 2019 group

13»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    stoked2b wrote: »
    I graduated today W8D3 by running 32 minutes straight. I wanted to go a full 3 miles but ran out of energy with less than a half mile to go. Now I know what to work on before upcoming 5K on the 23rd

Run slower
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    I graduated today W8D3 by running 32 minutes straight. I wanted to go a full 3 miles but ran out of energy with less than a half mile to go. Now I know what to work on before upcoming 5K on the 23rd

Congrats, this is awesome! :)
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member

Run slower

Agreed - run slower :)
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Yes, today I went back out and purposely ran slower and watched heart rate on Fitbit. I slowed down when I got above 90% of MHR. I was able to run the full 3.1 miles plus a little bit more. There's a lot of rain in the upcoming forecast but I hope to get a few more longer runs in and maybe drop a couple minutes before race day.
  • stoked2b
    Well crud, I haven't registered for this Saturday's 5K but it's showing 38 degrees with 100% chance of rain and thunderstorms. I'm ready for the 5k but I I'm not ready for running in rain or a storm. I'm going to have to skip this race and either hope they postpone it or just wait for a future race in March or April.
  • stoked2b
    Race postponed for March 9. With an extra two weeks to train, Now I can run it 4 minutes faster!