WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2019

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    Iuu
  • b4leaving
    b4leaving Posts: 90 Member
    aw, grandmallie! I'm so sorry you are having such a bad day. Big Hugs!! Please take care and be good to yourself!

Lisa - good to hear you were able to do your presentation - you take care of yourself, too!!
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Allie ~ Big Hugs for You!

Michele ~ Enjoyed hearing about your trip.

Lisa ~ Glad your presentation went well and you are back home again. Talked to my DH about me getting the knee appointment. I think one of the reasons I hesitate is that I don't think he understands the pain I am in as he is in a lot of pain himself.

Heather ~ Prayers for your cancer friend.

Carol in GA
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    Today not a great day.. im in tears right now...when things go wrong they really just do..haven't heard from my DB he has been using his wifes bank card and he doesn't work he doesn't drink nor do drugs but is using money without asking and its alot... so I haven't heard from him, found out today dad had at least 3 outstanding credit cards ,plus paying back the state so whatever I thought I would get from the estate is a wash I will likely not even get back all the monies I paid out to keep his house running.. my DFIL is not well at all, sleeping more and maybe eating once a day.. at least I have enough money to pay to get my place painted and got new fixtures and have the electrician put them in, that will have to do for now..
    then came home and a coffee mug fell out of my cupboard onto my grandparent's antique cut glass cranberry dish and busted it to smithereens ...
    that just sent me over the edge and I started bawling..
    not that that's over with I am in my pajama's and going and make it an early night..

I'm so sorry, Allie. I have been a way for a few days and just getting caught up on reading. This is a lot to take, and sometimes when one thing crashes it seems like everything is crashing because we just can't handle any more.

When you and your brother went up north for something for your father's estate (I think), didn't you suspect him of cheating? I remember you mentioning that he was texting someone late into the night. Maybe that finally came to a head.

I'm also sorry to hear that your father had debts you didn't know about. :disappointed:

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    So sorry Allie for your sad day. <3

Much to my relief tonight the group of friends of my cancer friend, Ros, have resurrected our original WhatsApp group. Ros discontinued it in 2017 because she felt we were communicating more with each other than with her, but we all feel that we need each other now when she can't deal with us all individually. I was feeling very cut out, but it's reassuring to have communication from those who live close and to be in touch with all her friends.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

This makes me really sad, Heather. I am sorry for the pain Ros is going through, as she slowly pulls away from life.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Hi all. Once again reading but not commenting. Feeling more human today than I have for days.... pretty sure I've had the flu. Still worked all weekend, but have spent the last two days just going back and forth between recliner and bed. My fever finally broke last night, so I must be on the road to recovery. Hubby is still ill, but his symptoms showed up about 24 hours after mine, so he's got another 10-12 hours to go.
    Machka, sure sounds like what you have is the flu too! Sure hope you feel better soon.
    Allie, I'm so sorry that things are going so badly for you.
    Heather happy to hear that you are back in the loop with your cancer friend. Sincerest hopes that you get to see her once again.
    Lisa, so glad your recovery is still going so well.
    That's it for me for now, still don't have a lot of energy. The cough is also driving me nuts!!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn Vancouver Island
  • Vamoose924
    Vamoose924 Posts: 34 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hello, I'm new on this community thread. Y'all sound like good buddies! I have just returned to working out regularly and working on losing my winter/holiday weight gain! I have 4 kids, one married and 3 in college now. Time to spend some energy taking care of myself instead of everyone else for a change....! I live in Southern Oregon. It's lovely, but supposed to snow again tonight. I've been doing indoor spin classes at the "Y." I also work as a baker, so there's a challenge to not eat any treats!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    Reeer
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Janet in MO – your picture is so cute

Heather – you are such a good friend

Lisa – glad the presentation went well

Allie – I’m sorry to hear things are going rough for you. “This too shall pass”

Welcome everyone new!

After exercise went to one thrift store, got a shirt that I’ll probably leave down here for $1, then went to the SPCA thrift store and got two DVD’s for $1 along with a few other things, then went to the beach to get shells for Denise, then bought this template for when I start quilting these lapquilts, then in the pool (the sun FINALLY came out). Had dinner and think I’ll make another gingerbread man but only do to the arms, hopefully this gal will be at the crochet group Monday and she can help me make the arms equal. Did two loads of laundry yesterday.

Michele whose legs are no longer ghost white.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    edited February 2019
    <3Allie, sorry to hear about all your troubles.

<3Beth, what a shock about the gas...glad you figured it out
  • b4leaving
    b4leaving Posts: 90 Member
    <3
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Many hugs, Allie. Thinking of you tonight...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    I don't like being in the situation where I miss a day (like yesterday), and I'm suddenly about 100 years behind schedule. :neutral:

Feeling a bit better today and trying to catch up!!

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    It has taken a while, but I've finally decided on some 2019 Fitness Goals

Half marathon in January ... Done!! :)

Gradually build up cycling distance ticking off milestone distances along the way. The goal behind this is to build a solid base for further long distances and events in 2020.
    50 km
    75 km
    100 km
    125 km
    160 km (100 miles)

Get back to climbing 20+ flights of stairs at least 4 days each week. I work in a 10-storey building, and can climb 10 flights in the morning, and 10 flights in the afternoon ... plus extras if I want.

Walk (or run or hike ... basically move by foot) more than last year.

These are my walking/running/hiking totals for the past few years ... so ... more than 1357.1 km in 2019 would be good.

2018 - 1357.1 km
    2017 - 1302.52 km
    2016 - 1133.02 km
    2015 - 1131.7 km

And build some upper body & core strength + improving flexibility.

M in Oz