Chocolate/ Ice Cream Cravings

So let’s talk about cravings . What do you do when you just want a little piece of chocolate? Do you indulge on the occasional piece of sugar-free chocolate? I know some people have digestive issues. But for those of us that can tolerate them, do they stall you? What other sources have you found help with chocolate cravings?

Another I’m finding tough is ice cream. It’s so hard to find ice cream that is not filled with carbs. What do you do for the occasional ice cream treat? Thank you

Replies

• CarolynRSB
    CarolynRSB Posts: 84 Member
    I like Halo Top for ice cream... most flavors are 6-8g net carbs per serving. I haven't tried Enlightened yet, but others say it's also good.
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    PBFit + Herseys Dark unsweetened powder and a stevia packet with some heavy whipping cream in the microwave will generally fix a chocolate craving for me. Add in ground flax seed if you need bulk for a fiber blast. Can even bake the stuff with almond flour/egg and make a semi-brownie in a pan.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    For chocolate cravings I have Lindt dark chocolate truffles...I don't worry about sugar free or not because one is usually enough...I don't get ice cream cravings like I used to, so I don't have a good substitute for that one. I do very rarely in the summer like frozen berries with a little fresh whipped cream, so that would be similar, but not exactly. I let the berries sit out at room temp so they aren't rock hard but are still cold and kind of slushy in texture. I suppose you could put a sweetener on them too, but I like my berries more on the tart side myself.
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    I eat Sweet William sugar free chocolate when I want some, it does not interfere with my weight loss at all. I only buy a bar of it not a block. Another brand is Well Naturally in almond chip. I don't crave ice cream, I would rather a keto cheesecake for my sweet tooth when it arises.
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    edited February 2019
    Lily’s chocolate bars and Enlightened ice cream. Enlightened is really good ice cream. It puts Halo top to shame. So much creamier. Hard to not a whole pint though.

Both are staples for my sweet tooth.

I also like phat fudge for an on the go sweet.
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    for ice cream, i like chilly cow.
    sounds like i need to try enlightened.
    there is a new one on the market that is in limited areas that looks to be interesting..rebel creamery (https://rebelcreamery.com)
  • KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    A crunchy piece of bacon.
  • itzcath
    itzcath Posts: 94 Member
    I make my own dairy free chocolate ice cream that is A-mazing, coconut flour chocolate brownies, peanut butter chocolate chip brownies and my own sugar free chocolate with cocoa butter. There's a gazillion keto chocolate recipes on Pinterest for whatever your heart desires.
  • pagnini1
    pagnini1 Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2019
    Got this off Youtube:

Chocolate Ice Cream ******
    - 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
    - 1 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
    - 2 TBSP Swerve
    - 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
    - 1 serving Sugar Free Chocolate Chips

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
    - 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
    - 4 TBSP Peanut Butter
    - 1 TBSP Swerve
    - 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
    - 1 Serving Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    For ice cream substitutes - I just started trying to eat a yogurt a day and I went with Oui because it's one of the few full fat yogurts that are available in a grab & go format...it was amazingly sweet and rich and creamy...if I had an ice cream craving, I think this might hit the spot, all in a 5 oz jar.
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Any recipe @itzcath shares is worth it’s weight in gold!!!! Lol just friend her and stalk her profile for whatever she is eating.
    When I win the lotto I will build her a house and her job will be to run a keto test kitchen and feed me.
  • itzcath
    itzcath Posts: 94 Member
    lalabank wrote: »
    Any recipe @itzcath shares is worth it’s weight in gold!!!! Lol just friend her and stalk her profile for whatever she is eating.
    When I win the lotto I will build her a house and her job will be to run a keto test kitchen and feed me.

You are so halarious! I post recipes in my feed when I find ones I really enjoy but truly wondered if anyone actually makes them.

Sharing is what this app, and my friend list is all about for me. Because knowledge gives you the power to succeed at your goal.
  • Sugarnspice1922
    Sugarnspice1922 Posts: 137 Member
    Omg my chocolate cravings are horrible lol
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    I add some raw cacao powder when I brew my coffee. Most times, this quells the chocolate-loving beast in me!
  • tashalloyd330
    tashalloyd330 Posts: 28 Member
    ChocZero chocolate. They have dark chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate with almonds, and milk chocolate with peanuts. You can get it on Amazon or on their website. I just ordered more. :)
  • tashalloyd330
    tashalloyd330 Posts: 28 Member
    Also Blue Diamond Dark Chocolate Almonds
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    ChocZero chocolate. They have dark chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate with almonds, and milk chocolate with peanuts. You can get it on Amazon or on their website. I just ordered more. :)

My son got me some of that for Christmas. It was actually pretty good. I was surprised.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    I have to stay away from the Blue Diamond Dark Chocolate Almonds - I love them too much!
  • ketoandweim
    ketoandweim Posts: 23 Member
    I like Kroger carb master yogurt or sugar free jello pudding chocolate/vanilla swirl. Worth the 5g carbs if it fits in your macros in my opinion! I put in in the freezer for 15 minutes before I eat it so it’s super cold too