volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    <3 that chart thanks for sharing @Brendalea69
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    <3 that chart thanks for sharing @Brendalea69

You're welcome!!!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    @mistymeadows2005 - Thank you & hugs! <3 I am pretty short 159cm (5'2") and the lowest weight recommended for my height and frame is 47kg (104lbs). I have been 47kg during my teens and young adult life before getting married and having kids. My GW is 50kg and its around the recommended weight :)

@futuredrbri - Thank you! <3 I really hope that before Feb is over, my weight will start moving downwards again. Fingers cross! From last year, I have been trying to overcome this 61 down to 60 hurdle and have failed. Hopefully, this time, I will succeed. :)

@Brendalea69 - Thank you for the chart! <3

Week: 31
    CW: 62kg (roughly 136.6lbs)

Good Afternoon OMADers! :)

As you can see from the CW, I have gone back up to 62kg :( And the best joke, I was fasting for more than 24 hours. I literally DID NOT eat the whole day. I skipped my OMAD yesterday as I was not really hungry and I wanted to see if I fasted more than 24 hours, will my weight go down. Guess what? It didn't and to make it worse, it went up! I am like, it went up even though I DID NOT eat???? I am puzzled indeed. When hubby found out that I didn't eat my OMAD yesterday, he tried to force to to break my fast. However, I explain that I need to do an experiment and he said we will do it together. So, I continued fasting instead of breaking my fast at 12pm yesterday. This morning, I weighed myself in front of hubby and the scale said "62kg". I nearly died :(
    I really think something is wrong with me. The only thing that I drank during my fast was water, green tea and diet soda (took one can as it helps my headache). Hmm, may be its the diet soda.

Anyway, I broke my fast early today at 11am. I wasn't really hungry either but I ate anyway. I don't think I will weigh myself till Sat as its really stressing me out.

Apologies for the rant.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, you guys! <3
  • volgirl1322
    @jadepepearl I am so sorry for your struggles. Our bodies are strange sometime. I believe you will have a huge whoosh in your future. try not to stress about it (easier said than done I know) and hopefully sticking with the plan will pay off. Don't apologize for the rant we have all been there. <3<3 to you!!!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Agreed - sometimes odd things happen - salt, hormones, stress (no glycogen since you were full fasting). It's REAL annoying but part of the game - yesterday I only lost 1 pound with a perfect mini fast the night before - today I lost 3.6 and ate my body weigh in candy last night while wallowing in self-pity - WHO KNOWS! LOL

Trust the process, stay the course :)
  • futuredrbri
    futuredrbri Posts: 147 Member
    Don't apologize! That does sound frustrating. I think our bodies are constantly in flux as women, so there are usually so many factors that can make up the weight we see. Be kind to yourself. I think waiting a while to weigh again will definitely help with your psyche!
  • jadepearl
    @volgirl1322 - Thanks for being here <3 I think my body is the strangest of them all :( I have been trying since last July 2018. I ain't giving up as I really need to get back into shape even though it takes the whole year....lol.

@mistymeadows2005 - Thanks for being here too <3 Congrats on 3.6lbs loss! That's amazing :+1: Ain't gonna give up as I have gotten quite use to OMAD.

CW: 61.8kg (roughly 136.2lbs)

Good Morning OMADers :)

I know I did say that I won't weigh myself till Sat, but I guess I just could help myself. I am getting worried, frustrated...you name it and I will tell ya, I probably have it. So, I am now 61.8kg. I am still puzzled though as I think my body is wrecked. You see, here's what happened:

Feb 18 - I broke fast and OMAD at 12.10pm [61.2kg]
    Feb 19 - Suppose to break fast and OMAD at 12pm. But, I decided to continue fasting till tomorrow (Feb 20)
    Feb 20 - OMAD at 11am. [62kg]
    Feb 21 - Still fasting. [61.8kg]

So, even though my body is in a fasting mode for nearly 46 hours or so, I gained 0.8kg. Strange, right? Today is much better as I loss 0.2kg, not a lot but I will take it. Hopefully, it will get its act together and give me results. :weary:

Will post my weight loss chart later. It shows that my body doesn't wanna budge :worried:

Have a wonderful Thursday, OMADers <3
  • jadepearl
    edited February 2019
    Here's my weight loss chart
    Its like I can never ever go lower than 60-61kg :weary:

upkze3rga1wb.png
  • mistymeadows2005
    First of all - LOVELY chart! DIG IT!

Second - perhaps it's the balance of food you're eating? I'm not a big proponent of WHAT you're eating mattering in pure weight loss, but maybe your body is missing something and trying to tell you something? Can you open your diary so we can seeeeeee? :)
  • volgirl1322
    I am at a loss too except I do know the smaller you are, the harder it is. Even though I am significantly heavier than you (172) it is harder for me than it was when I was ginourmous (234 at my highest)…..so maybe that has something to do with it?

But, maybe there is something like salt that could be holding on???

Stay strong though --you will get there!

Love the chart too!
  • Brendalea69
    I agree, the smaller we are the harder it is!!!
  • jadepearl
    edited February 2019
    @mistymeadows2005 - Thanks <3 With regards to the food journal, I am quite lazy. So, because I really don't have the time to research and count every single thing that I eat, I became boring so that I can mentally count my calories. I tend to use myfitnesspal website when I am at loss. I love myfitnesspal food database as it has almost everything. :) So, its always the same old same old thing...boring I know but I feel safe and less worried if I over-eat, etc, etc. Only when I need to really restrict, I will make an effort to count every single thing.

Example:
    1 cup of rice (130 calories),
    1 cup of chicken & veggies stir-fry (250 calories) - I tend to change the sauces daily so its not too boring :) OR a curry chicken dish ((eg: Malaysian Curry Chicken, Indian Butter Chicken, etc and that would be roughly 400 calories)
    1 cookies or slice (180 calories)
    Green tea / water / diet soda

or
    1 bowl of Carbonara Pasta (550 calories)

or
    Noodle Dishes (eg: Phad Thai, Laksa, Mee Goreng, Budae Jjigae or Korean Army Stew, etc) (800 calories or less)

I will add another 80 calories if I take fruits such as apple or grapes.

Only on Sundays when we go out with our kids, as always they want fastfood. So, it will be:
    Mc Chicken with Cheese (360 calories)
    Fries (230 calories)
    Diet Soda

In the evening, I make sure I exercise every day except on Sundays for 30-45 mins doing dance aerobics.

Hope I didn't bore you with all these details :) Apologies if I did.

@volgirl1322 - Thanks <3 I guess I just have to figure it out slowly but surely I will get there! :)

@Brendalea69 - Thanks <3 I will hang on till I get this right :)

CW: 61.2kg (roughly 134.9lbs)

Good morning OMADers :)

Woke-up this morning and had a good feeling that I have loss and without thinking, I hop onto the scale. I am so happy to see 61.2kg today :) This is where I start to worry as once I get down to 60.8kg hopefully by this week or early next week, I won't gain again like previous times. Don't want history to repeat itself again :weary:

Hope that everyone is doing well today!

Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend <3

• volgirl1322
    Great loss!!!! So happy for you!!!
    The only thing I can say about your diary is maybe some of the sodium causing an issue for you. Others that have done this longer, can probably help more than me, that is all I see at my glance!

Keep up the good work ---you will get there!
  • mistymeadows2005
    SUPER happy for your loss babe - you did not bore me at ALL - your days are so low cal!!! I would DIE! LOL

I guess just stick with the program, though honestly with that much exercise (I'd go back and watch Joe's videos on avoiding anything but low intensity stuff like walking if I were you) I don't think you're eating enough calories babe.
  • jadepearl
    edited February 2019
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you <3 I was thinking it could be my salt intake too. However, on week days, I cook all my meals and I never use salt. This way, I know what goes into my food :) But, there would be salt in the soy sauce, fish sauce or oyster sauce and other ingredients which I use. I will figure it out eventually :)

@mistymeadows2005 - Thank you <3 I have tried eating more and the outcome is I will gain weight the next day. After so many trials & errors, this portion is what I can get full with. Sometimes, I can't even finish the slice or cookie. Hubby is always happy when that happens as he can have my share too...lol.

Week: 32
    CW: [did not weigh-in today]

Good afternoon OMADers :)

Hope that you guys are having a wonderful weekend :) Promised my kids that I will drive them to a bigger town to get their fishes and aqua plants as both of them want to have a fish as a pet. So, drove 45 mins to get them the aquarium set. Good golly...even fishes are so expensive now. During my childhood, guppies only cost 50 cents each. Today, I have to pay $6 for one little guppy. Didn't have the time to weigh-in as my kids were already waiting at the door as they are too excited to get their pet fish. Will weigh-in tomorrow then :)

For OMAD today, I had Homemade Hor Fun with Crabstick and Mixed Veggies (748 calories), 1 choc chip cookie (170 calories) and Green Tea. Couldn't really finish my hor fun though. I have been feeling full before I could finish my meal for the past week. I wonder if my stomach has become smaller? For this evening, promised my kids that we will be having a few games of ping pong (table tennis) and that would be my exercise for today.

Have a wonderful weekend, my dears! <3
  • Brendalea69
    Since you are having trouble getting in your calories maybe you could try mixing OMAD with TMAD. One day eat one meal and the next day eat two, so on and so on. Try this for a while and see what happens...Your kids will love having pet fishies, they are very lucky to have such a nice Mom :)
  • futuredrbri
    futuredrbri Posts: 147 Member
    So happy the scale started moving again!
    Ping pong sounds awesome! Did you just start exercising? I know I always retain and even gain right when I start exercising for at least a week before the scale starts moving again.
  • jadepearl
    @Brendalea69 - Thanks for the suggestion <3 Will try mixing OMAD and TMAD. Just got to try anything till something works :) I really hope that both of my kids will not get bored with it as keeping a fish is a huge responsibility. I have taught them how to change water, how much to feed, etc. They will have to clean the tanks each month too. We will see how long they will be able to do it. Fingers cross! I am sure all Moms are the same, its always kids first before ourselves. :)

@futuredrbri - Thank you <3 My son is trying to get into his school team and little old me is trying to practice with him every evening if time permits. As for exercise, I have been exercising daily since I started my weight loss journey last July 2018.

Week: 32
    CW: 61.8kg (136.2lbs)

Good morning OMADers :)

How are you guys today? I have begun to dance the "1 step forward, 2 steps back" with my body. :weary:
    27 Feb - 61.8kg
    25 Feb - 62.1kg
    24 Feb - 61.4kg
    22 Feb - 61.2kg
    21 Feb - 61.8kg
    20 Feb - 62.0kg

I even tried cutting down carbs and eat more protein and that didn't work either. :confused: I guess I will just have to keep trying till something works :disappointed: I ate TMOD on Sunday and went back eating OMAD on Mon & Tues. Let's how many more weeks I have to do this "1 step forward, 2 steps back" with my body till it finally gives up and loose some weight.

Hope that everyone is doing much better than me :)

Take care <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    Plateau's can be so freakin' frustrating babe - the biggest thing is that you're sticking with it and trying things out - eventually you'll find what works for you and ROCK AND ROLL :)

I know I suggested it before, but perhaps slow down on the exercise for a while? My body shuts the F down when I start to push it exercise wish...could be just me LOL
  • jadepearl
    edited February 2019
    My latest chart :(

32hbw1i9obcl.png

@mistymeadows2005 - Yes, plateau is just nasty and depressing :( However, I will not give up. I am also trying NOT to exercise a lot. That's why I have started playing ping pong (table tennis) with my son. So, instead of 45 mins of hardcore aerobics, I am playing table tennis. We will see how it will go with light exercising :)