Is my bike helmet safe,

HaleCry
HaleCry Posts: 384 Member
edited February 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
So my bike helmet arrived today. It’s adjustable for head sizes 55-61cm, and mine is 55cm.

My concern is that when the helmet is fitted correctly, it doesn’t move, but there is a gap between my head and the helmet. This sounds like a problem to me? Even though the helmet doesn’t move?

pinuic5c0x8q.jpeg
87qi80iii6dw.jpeg
b2my0509u4ke.jpeg

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Too big it looks... How about on the sides?

Below is the link to video how to fit a helmet

https://youtu.be/o61feDjSQ_0
  • HaleCry
    There’s a gap all the way around, but the helmet itself doesn’t move. The adjustment bit of the inside fits nicely but the space between that and the actual helmet is big :(
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    It will when you hit something hard.. can you exchange it for one size down?
  • HaleCry
    Unfortunately they don’t have a smaller one in this make but I do think it’s too big. I’ll look for a smaller size and a brighter colour. Thanks everyone😊
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    HaleCry wrote: »
    Unfortunately they don’t have a smaller one in this make but I do think it’s too big. I’ll look for a smaller size and a brighter colour. Thanks everyone😊
    Try some on in the bike store if you can. They can check the fit. Different makes and models of the same size can fit differently. Good idea to get a bright color or white. Cyclists cannot be too visible.
  • Competeballpythons
    Competeballpythons Posts: 224 Member
    You’re fine
    The helmet is fine
    Unless you run into a Mack truck