Overcoming Type 2 Diabetes.

Hi All, I am living with Type 2 diabetes. Looking for motivation in my weightloss journey. Love reading success stories.

Replies

• accebersmith
    accebersmith Posts: 96 Member
    Hi, KFit. I was just diagnosed this week with Type 2 diabetes, myself, and I'm here with the goal of ultimately reversing it altogether. Sending you a friend request. Have a great weekend!
  • ZooCVT24
    ZooCVT24 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi KFit, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 2 years ago. This past January I had a vertical sleeve gastrectomy and since then have been off my diabetic meds of which I was on pills and two pens. Not only that but I’ve lost 24 lbs so far. It’s so worth it to work towards your goal and hopefully lessen or reverse it. I’m finding a semi keto diet and gym trips 3/4 times a week are greatly helping. Good luck to you in your venture.
  • Dgil1975
    Dgil1975 Posts: 110 Member
    I’ve seen quite a bit of stuff on you tube with sample groups going to a whole food plant based diet, and seeing amazing results. It was so impressive that I adopted it myself(still can’t believe that lol), I was not diabetic, but had high blood pressure and high cholesterol that it lowered drastically in a few weeks.

Do some research, and it may not be for you, but figured I would throw it out there for you.
  • AnnabellaRaine
    AnnabellaRaine Posts: 43 Member
    I WAS type 2. I am now 4 years diabetes free. I have so far lost a total of 314lbs. You can do it. cqnoaa9h0mj4.jpeg
  • Dgil1975
    Dgil1975 Posts: 110 Member
    I WAS type 2. I am now 4 years diabetes free. I have so far lost a total of 314lbs. You can do it. cqnoaa9h0mj4.jpeg

Amazing work, definite inspiration for anyone on this board
  • lins_w
    lins_w Posts: 3 Member
    Me too! I’m desiring to never be on medication and control my blood sugar naturally through diet and exercise.