What's YOUR weakness when it comes to the opposite gender?

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited February 2019
    I like words too. A lot. I love dictionaries. When I'm reading a book and don't know a word, I have to stop and look it up otherwise I obsess over it.

When people talk to me I sometimes look the words up in the dictionary, to get all the possible meanings!

I often like to take my "favorable" interpretation of the words, instead of persuing it sometimes...'cause I don't want to be hurt or dissapointeted
    eta..
    I don't ask questions I don't want the (possibly upsetting) answer to
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I like words too. A lot. I love dictionaries. When I'm reading a book and don't know a word, I have to stop and look it up otherwise I obsess over it.

When people talk to me I sometimes look the words up in the dictionary, to get all the possible meanings!

I often like to take my "favorable" interpretation of the words, instead of persuing it sometimes...'cause I don't want to be hurt or dissapointeted
    eta..
    I don't ask questions I don't want the (possibly upsetting) answer to

Funny, I tell people not to ask questions of me unless they want the answer

Haha!
    I'm known to be blunt, and literal too!
    And I cannot lie (makes me feel bad, so I don't)
    Words, right!

Probably why I don't push others for clarification, I'm sensitive and don't want to be hurt, so I just interpret words to best suit me (is that denial?, lol, now that I type it out!)
  • Vikka_V
    edited February 2019
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Gives backhanded compliments
    <3<3

Also known as negging. Some people are pros at it

I had never heard of this before. Made me google.

So weird to be mean to someone you like. I can’t imagine how it could work but if it does, it seems manipulative- which also isn’t nice to do to someone you like.

Gosh, I feel like an overly sensitive dummy not fit for the modern world.

It is supposed to be manipulative. Typically when you negg, someone with low self esteem will feel the need to get your approval.

Lol, to me its flirtatious!
    To me its like a 'teasing'
    (him...'meh, you're ok'... (my interpretation "you're awesome, but I don't wan't to say it 'cause....(many blanks to possibly fill in, all good))"

But I sometimes (or often) don't 'read' stuff quite right, it seems (compared to other people) and my self esteem is decent
    ...even when I hate myself.

Wonder...Is that that good or not? That Im so self involved that only my opinion of self really matters to me?

I don’t read things right either but the other direction. I just assume everyone hates me unless they tell me differently in very direct words. Even then I’m skeptical.

Hugs lady❤️
    Similar topic...
    Posted my life changing "words of wisdom" somewhere else yesterday given to me by a 14 year old girl which changed my perspective on stuff like that, I used to be the same.
    She said "it's not all about you" when I was hurt one day by a person's reaction/comment to me...I've since stretched that to every comment and behaviour anyone ever makes twords me...like who knows what's going on in their life/mind?

I'm confidant in my own good intentions, so I just go with that and when I have hurt feelings, I think of that.

Oh and also, what do you think of this....had an ex tell me "I don't hurt your feelings, you do"...like it was my interpretation, not his intention...that *kitten* my brain over a bit
    ...so it's all my fault? If I get hurt?
    Is it?

I like the way you think.

there’s something to this but i think I’d go more neutral. I have no idea if ambiguous words are meant kindly or cruelly so there’s no point in assigning any emotion to them at all.

Except

I like words. I REALLY like words. I love words. Playing with them, reading them, listening to them. They have the power to affect me deeply. And they do have meaning even if I don’t always get it. There are so many shades of meaning and I know I don’t get them all. And when I learn that people sometimes intentionally obscure their meanings... messes with my head a little

Before someone makes the mistake of telling me I need to be different: I like being sensitive. I wouldn’t want to thicken my skin or harden my heart. I don’t see why I should be the one to change. But I do wish for greater understanding on my part and greater clarity from some others
    I love this statement, opinion...I should post it in the quotes thread, as one I love and want to remember!
    <3:heart::heart:
  • Vikka_V
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Gives backhanded compliments
    <3<3

Also known as negging. Some people are pros at it

I had never heard of this before. Made me google.

So weird to be mean to someone you like. I can’t imagine how it could work but if it does, it seems manipulative- which also isn’t nice to do to someone you like.

Gosh, I feel like an overly sensitive dummy not fit for the modern world.

It is supposed to be manipulative. Typically when you negg, someone with low self esteem will feel the need to get your approval.

Lol, to me its flirtatious!
    To me its like a 'teasing'
    (him...'meh, you're ok'... (my interpretation "you're awesome, but I don't wan't to say it 'cause....(many blanks to possibly fill in, all good))"

But I sometimes (or often) don't 'read' stuff quite right, it seems (compared to other people) and my self esteem is decent
    ...even when I hate myself.

Wonder...Is that that good or not? That Im so self involved that only my opinion of self really matters to me?

I don’t read things right either but the other direction. I just assume everyone hates me unless they tell me differently in very direct words. Even then I’m skeptical.

I don't hate you.

I’m skeptical.

I guess I'm gonna have to start hugging your posts too

If you dont start hugging my posts, I'm gonna start 'insightful'-ing yours!
  • sbbeachbum
    sbbeachbum Posts: 9 Member
    sbbeachbum wrote: »
    Condescending sarcasm

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 dead.

What do you think you're laughing at? 😏

BAhahahahaaaaa!!! I can't
  • Den_of_Iniquity
    Den_of_Iniquity Posts: 424 Member
    Purple dresses with high heels
  • Den_of_Iniquity
    Den_of_Iniquity Posts: 424 Member
    Purple dresses with high heels

You too?

Just dont ask me to wear them again.
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    Don't pretend you didn't enjoy it the last time.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Cages that fill with water from the bottom and hornets from the top
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Cages that fill with water from the bottom and hornets from the top
    I’m trying to catch on to the rules of this game as you play it. It’s different. I think the idea is to name literal physical offenses that the opposite sex might perpetrate against you? But in a dryly amusing way, I guess.

I appreciate the humor. Wish I could pull it off. Sometimes it’s so painfully boring being this earnest.

I spend a lot of time trying to amuse myself, that's for sure
This discussion has been closed.