Maintainers - how do you keep your head in the game?

Replies

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    I have not reached my goal weight yet, BUT...I am expecting to do so. I decided to check-in on this forum to see what it is that motivates people to continue on their healthy (maintenance path). I want to arm myself with as much information possible to be able to meet my weight loss goal and sustain my accomplishment. I believe in logging. I also believe that when one is making positive changes in ones life that it is paramount to be able to embrace the new version of you. I have to be able to "see" and accept the new me. It is an image that I am not used to seeing, but am working hard to embrac it.

Second logging. I am bulking, so logging helps me hit the protein goal. Also, we all know the right food choices. We just need to stick with them. Holidays are over so get rid of your cookies at your next party and stay on track through the New Year. You got this!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    bump
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    bump

Thank-you. This is a great thread.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,960 Member
    I remember all the hard work it took to reach my goal weight. It’s easier to keep it off than to have to go back and lose it again. I know I’d be really upset with myself if I threw all that away.

This.
  • Another thing I do to keep my head in the game is I look at my new clothes and focus on how much I’m enjoying wearing them. I keep up the good work so I can continue to fit them.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Another thing I do to keep my head in the game is I look at my new clothes and focus on how much I’m enjoying wearing them. I keep up the good work so I can continue to fit them.

yep, this is why I do it!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    I don't mean for this to be a downer post but it is definitely a reason to keep your head in the game. We had a coworker drop dead of a heart attack yesterday right at the end of work. She was a dear, wonderful person. She was also technically obese, hypertensive, and had other weight related issues. There is an added health risk associated with being overweight. Yesterday I saw a possible consequence. It's a reality check to what may have been my future had I not taken control of my weight. None of us know the future, but we do know that maintaining a healthy weight lowers our risk of this kind of outcome. Stay the course y'all.

So sorry for your loss.