Britt's OMAD Renewal

Replies

• futuredrbri
    futuredrbri Posts: 147 Member
    Thanks, Joe!
    And I agree -- it has amazing benefits! Drinking some in my water right now!
  • futuredrbri
    Day 3: 2/19
    Weight: ~155 (still not sure of the accuracy) | 26 pounds to go!
    OMAD: ~3:15 PM
    81nvk6z4vadt.jpg
    Suuuuper boring, I know. I have been having pretty much the same meal for the past few days in different iterations. When I am up for more solid meals, there will be a lot more variety. For now, these meals are definitely convenient for my busy schedule, and they have been providing some comfort. I may end up having soup for the rest of the month just for the sake of time, but the batch I will eventually make will be vegan. Today's meal was Caribbean chicken soup, an orange, and a GoMacro bar. I am trying to replace my daily sweet with a protein or whole food bar to both appease my sweet tooth and provide some added nutrition that I won't get from inhaling a pint of ice cream (though I do LOVE ice cream!). The extra protein definitely tides me over a lot longer, though, and I picked up a few more to eat for the rest of the week.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Sending over quick healing vibes! <3 Get well soon, gf! :)
    Couldn't help but have to mention the chocolate kisses which you had in your photo...I love them <3<3<3
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    OMG I love anything soup or stew especially this time of year...…..Hope you continue to feel better!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    My little bug passed super quick so hopefully yours is on its way out too!!!

I really should get back to ACV too -I can't stand the taste so I have to do just shoot it straight but I have it so I'll start re-including it too :)
  • futuredrbri
    jadepearl wrote: »
    Sending over quick healing vibes! <3 Get well soon, gf! :)
    Couldn't help but have to mention the chocolate kisses which you had in your photo...I love them <3<3<3

Thank you so much for the vibes! And I also LOVE kisses. I love chocolate in general actually... I am always trying to find a way to eat it! :)
  • futuredrbri
    OMG I love anything soup or stew especially this time of year...…..Hope you continue to feel better!

It's hot here, so it's a bit odd to eat even though it is technically "winter." But I actually really love soup, and it would be SO easy to just make a big batch at the beginning of the week to reheat and eat everyday. I'm so busy right now with school and research, and it's definitely a good way to make sure I get my veggies in. I have some leftover cabbage soup that I froze a little while back that I will have tomorrow, and I am thinking I will make a vegan sausage and corn chowder next!
  • futuredrbri
    My little bug passed super quick so hopefully yours is on its way out too!!!

I really should get back to ACV too -I can't stand the taste so I have to do just shoot it straight but I have it so I'll start re-including it too :)

It seems like it's getting a bit better, so fingers crossed!
    I am one of those weird people that actually loves the taste :D.
  • futuredrbri
    Day 4: 2/20
    Weight: 154.4 | 25.4 pounds to go!
    OMAD: ~4:30 PM
    ku8snitplrnd.jpg
    Same meal, different day! Chicken and wild rice soup, water with ACV, kiwi, 2 strawberries (not pictured), a Brazil nut for selenium, and a Dang chocolate sea salt protein bar (which was NOT pleasant, unfortunately).
  • mistymeadows2005
    AW MAN! That bar looked good, bummer that it sucked! Mental note made - kiwi and strawberries both sound AWESOME though!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Dang bar? Haven't tried that before. Don't think I can find any here in Down Under. What's in it? Caramel? Honeycomb? I love chocolates too <3
  • volgirl1322
    Sad on the dang bar...….I have fallen in love with the Kind Bars.....they are yum.....made with fruit/nuts/all varieties of chocolate the dark chocolate/sea salt are the BEST!
  • futuredrbri
    Hi everyone! Sorry I have been ghost. I have been improving and with that, I was straight up ravenous over the past couple of days and fell way off track. I'm going to be back to posting tomorrow.
    My new plan is to get back to keto tomorrow but to do so as an ovo vegetarian. I know keto has always been best for me and my body, but vegan keto was too restrictive or too expensive for my budget. I would still like to avoid dairy and meat however, so my protein will be coming from eggs and probably the occasional Beyond meat burger (which I love!). Looking forward to getting back on track and being established in my habits in time for Microscope March!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I couldn't go without dairy because I love cheese way too much but I can eat eggs for days!!! Good luck :)
  • futuredrbri
    I couldn't go without dairy because I love cheese way too much but I can eat eggs for days!!! Good luck :)

I also love cheese, but dairy always causes excess mucus for me among other problems.
    I LOVE and have always loved eggs, and my partner makes amazing scrambled eggs, so I am very excited at being able to eat together again when I spend weekends there.
  • futuredrbri
    jadepearl wrote: »
    Dang bar? Haven't tried that before. Don't think I can find any here in Down Under. What's in it? Caramel? Honeycomb? I love chocolates too <3

Dang is a brand that I love because they make really yummy coconut chips. I didn't save the wrapper, so I don't remember exactly what's in it besides pea protein, but it was NOT good. It definitely doesn't have caramel and honeycomb because I think it's marketed as a keto product. Also I LOVE caramel. I love caramel more than chocolate actually. If there was caramel in it, I would've loved it probably :D
    Sad on the dang bar...….I have fallen in love with the Kind Bars.....they are yum.....made with fruit/nuts/all varieties of chocolate the dark chocolate/sea salt are the BEST!

I used to eat Kind bars all the time! If I remember correctly, none of the chocolate ones (the ones I wanted!) were soy-free, so I stopped eating them when I started avoiding soy. They are really delicious, though!
  • futuredrbri
    Weight: 157.6 (eek!)
    OMAD: ~5:15 PM
    3q8k9bq6h0n4.jpgek60gpa0vo3n.png

I'm using the Carb Manager app to track during my first couple of weeks back on keto since I have never done so as an ovo veg. I'm actually really happy that I did, because I vastly underestimated how much fat I needed to add since I'm not eating bacon or other fatty meats like I did in the past. My limit is 19g total carbs per day, but I hit 20g with the addition of some Haitian pickled cabbage that I added on top of my eggs (not pictured). This was a reeeeeallllly yummy meal, so I will probably have it again tomorrow with either slightly less shallots in my eggs or less pickled cabbage, especially because I pretty much hit my goal macros exactly.
  • volgirl1322
    Best of luck with your new plan Britt I know for sure you can do it. GLad you are feeling better!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Welcome back darling! Happy you've got a new plan to put a little pep in your step!
  • futuredrbri
    Thanks, ladies! So far so good (though it's only day 2!). I am hungrier earlier today than yesterday, which makes sense given the fact I was coming off a very full Saturday, but I am trying to wait it out until around 5 because I am working and I want to be more consistent with mealtimes. I am not even close to starving, so 2 hours should be a breeze.