My bf cheated on me

Replies

• Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    denny_mac wrote: »

And for the original situation in this thread. I agree with most everyone here that it's time to move on. I would definitely tell the bf what your friend told you, but you're probably never going to know the whole truth behind that situation.

Yup
  • i have been the bearer of that bad news or similar bad news to women,...I was always the one that lost my friendship w the person I was trying to protect. your friend might want to be protecting her friendship w you bc you know if you confront your x...he will deny it - don't they all?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    i have been the bearer of that bad news or similar bad news to women,...I was always the one that lost my friendship w the person I was trying to protect. your friend might want to be protecting her friendship w you bc you know if you confront your x...he will deny it - don't they all?

<
    HEY!!!!!! For a sec I thought something was wonky with mfp. :)
  • ButterIsGood
    ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
    He didn't actually cheat on you. He told you he wanted to see other people without feeling guilty about it when he told you he wanted a break. That's the point at which you should've dumped him.

Here's what "break" means. It means... "I'm not that happy with you, so I'm going to see what else is out there. If I can find somebody better than you, I'm not coming back. If I can't find somebody better than you, I'll be back, but only for as long as it takes to find somebody better. I'll also be having guilt-free sex while I'm looking."

Honestly, the minute somebody asks for a break or a timeout or even an open relationship, if you have any self-esteem, you walk away from that person forever. Delete them from all of your social media. Delete their phone number. Block them from contacting you. Etc. Don't waste another minute on them.

PS - Be wary of your friend. There's more there than she's letting on. Your gut instinct should be telling you that. Guys don't just throw themselves at the best friends of their girlfriends. She's either led him on, or worse.

they work together. We all use to work together but I don't anymore.
  • NBTenere
    NBTenere Posts: 6 Member
    What TheRoadDog said. OP, even at your age, life is too short to stress and agonize over dishonest people who do not respect you. Trust, respect and honesty are key LIFE values, and are not restricted to relationships. Move on, look elsewhere and enjoy the search.
  • ButterIsGood
    I find it suspicious she threw away all the evidence. Who throws away chocolate?

she told her mom about who gave it to her and since her mom knows me, she didn't feel right about it
  • Est1965
    Est1965 Posts: 6 Member
    Listen to IronLady 70 and to me -- run far and fast! This guy is a narcissist and you did the right thing by turning the tables on him. Don't waste anymore precious time or energy on trying to figure him out. Block him from all forms of social media and move on. Don't be surprised if he doesn't try to up his game and starts stalking you. He will promise you the world, but won't deliver. It's all a game and the only thing that matters to a narc is "winning" -- nothing else. Don't play the game.
  • ButterIsGood
    He texted me about an hour ago asking if we can be friends. I confronted him about what my friend told me and he's acting confused. He says " I dont know what you're talking about. I'm confused. We broke up because of you not because of me"