My bf cheated on me

Replies

• Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Okay I'll bite OP. What do you wanna do? Sit here and discuss and hear people say how sorry your ex is or move on from this or what?

Just wanted to get things off my chest. Idk about you but it feels better when you tall about things.

But here though? I understand you need emotional support but I think you get those from people close to you

Almost everyone I know, knows him. I don't want him to find out that i'm hurt. That's why I posted here. Advice from strangers is sometimes helpful.

Except you told him you were hurt and cried yourself to sleep??
  • He's been in about 2 serious relationships other than ours. He was with female #1 for about 10 years. He has 3 kids with her. His oldest kid is about 6 years younger than me. He was with female number 2 for 2 years. Also had a kid with her. And always talks about how he hates her guts and how it was their fault their relationship didn't workout but right now, I think I know it wasn't them and it was him the whole time.

LOL.

You should start letting your mom choose guys for you to date. You're not good at choosing yourself. That guy was NEVER healthy relationship material.

• Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Speaking of food, my $16 pastrami sandwich isn't that great. :s

You paid $16 for a pastrami sandwich? Did it come a steak/seafood salad on the side or something?
  • ButterIsGood
    ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
    Okay I'll bite OP. What do you wanna do? Sit here and discuss and hear people say how sorry your ex is or move on from this or what?

Just wanted to get things off my chest. Idk about you but it feels better when you tall about things.

But here though? I understand you need emotional support but I think you get those from people close to you

Almost everyone I know, knows him. I don't want him to find out that i'm hurt. That's why I posted here. Advice from strangers is sometimes helpful.

Except you told him you were hurt and cried yourself to sleep??

Yes I did. I was talking about the nights before I found out he was trying to get with mt friend. Right now I don't know if I'm hurt or angry. Maybe both.
  • InsertFunnyUsernameHere
    InsertFunnyUsernameHere Posts: 271 Member
    edited February 2019
    Guys my friend just told me more. Apparently a day before he broke up with me, he asked her to go out and try ethopian food with him and she agreed to go. He talked about me to her. Saying he wasnt happy. That he was gonna leave me but waiting until after Valentine's day but then about a day later, he texted her saying that he couldn't wait any longer and had broken up with me.

Interesting choice of foods.

Maybe he wanted food that wouldn't make him feel full.

*ba dum tss*

Too soon? ¯\ _(ツ)_/¯

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    Speaking of food, my $16 pastrami sandwich isn't that great. :s

$16 for a sandwich????

I actually was on the verge of buying a piece of cheesecake from Whole Foods last night but then I was all, "$6 for this? Vons has bigger for 1/2 the price. I think not!"
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    slessofme wrote: »
    Posting your problems here is like googling your health symptoms. It's always cancer

As opposed to it never being Lupus.

OP, it's almost comical how much of an *kitten* he is. You definitely dodged a bullet with this jerk.

And geeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, you guys. I love chocolate more than anything but if a sleazy (on a break from my friend) guy gave me chocolates, I'd throw them back in his face....hard. What *kitten* nerve!

I'd invite my friend to the office (since I work with him) and the two of us would sit in clear view of him eating those chocolates. Throw in some hard eye contact too.

Damn, I'm just way too emotional. I like your version better.

I'm the friend with nothing but good intentions and loyalty in this scenario, not the person that was dumped. Sorry OP, but that's the reality. I say that as a person that has been dumped a few times recently myself. <3
  • glassyo
    Guys my friend just told me more. Apparently a day before he broke up with me, he asked her to go out and try ethopian food with him and she agreed to go. He talked about me to her. Saying he wasnt happy. That he was gonna leave me but waiting until after Valentine's day but then about a day later, he texted her saying that he couldn't wait any longer and had broken up with me.

I don't think you have a very good friend. Why would she agree to go to dinner with him and tell you after the fact. This all sound really suspect to me.

Maybe she thought it was just as friends.

Why does everything have to be suspect? (Asking for a friend of a friend :))

I don't know, if my friend's man asked me to go to dinner I would:

1) tell my friend (if it's supposed to be innocent then that won't be a problem)
    2) probably not go

Yeah but they all knew each other at work so she could have thought it was innocent. And then it turned out not to be.

As someone who was accused on here from people who didn't know me about having motives other than what I actually typed out, I feel the need to defend both the OP and her friend.
  • glassyo

I don't think you have a very good friend. Why would she agree to go to dinner with him and tell you after the fact. This all sound really suspect to me.

Maybe she thought it was just as friends.

Why does everything have to be suspect? (Asking for a friend of a friend :))

I don't know, if my friend's man asked me to go to dinner I would:

1) tell my friend (if it's supposed to be innocent then that won't be a problem)
    2) probably not go

Yeah but they all knew each other at work so she could have thought it was innocent. And then it turned out not to be.

As someone who was accused on here from people who didn't know me about having motives other than what I actually typed out, I feel the need to defend both the OP and her friend.

Nope, not buying it. There's an unspoken code you just know, as a woman and as a friend. Even if it's innocent, I'm telling my friend. There is no harm in that. It's sneaky of him to ask her in the first place. Evidently he had ulterior motives.

Yes, sneaky of HIM. But the friend told the OP not to tell him she talked to her. And, even if details are trickling out, the friend outright told the OP the guy hit on her.