Women in their 40s!

Replies

• gridirongrrl
    gridirongrrl Posts: 69 Member
    I woke up this morning feeling kind of crappy. I hope I’m not getting the flu (it’s going around). Planning to get in some vitamins and plenty of rest today. In the past, getting sick has totally derailed my weight loss. Because I stop working out for a few days then am off the wagon altogether... so I am hoping that doesn’t happen now!
  • scalebeater
    scalebeater Posts: 65 Member
    Add me ... struggling to lose!!! It’s working but so slowly!
  • wearefab
    wearefab Posts: 69 Member
    I do read all the updates here but it's challenging to write considered replies to everyone when finger tapping from my phone !! And most posts are on the previous page and I can't see the names to tag !

So I'll say get well to everyone who is feeling a bit poorly! Yes you can to everyone starting out and carrying on 😀

@gridirongrrl you don't have to hope about not getting off wagon because you won't !! Keep us updated how you're feeling and when you feel well enough for gym etc and let us know your intentions. And then you will simply do it (unless you feel unwell still ). And if there are blips while you feel unwell it doesn't matter because you will be getting into the gym and resume your healthful ways . I'm looking forward to hearing your updates ☺

@Kahunacrystal74 that's inspiring! All signed up and no turning back. Wish I had those kind of overies (balls ).

@scalebeater welcome ☺
  • wearefab
    I'm glad I post here because overnight I had completely forgotten my goals! !

So today I will make a beet ginger carrot apple juice.

And I will get very real with myself about how much I am eating.

I am maintaining at the moment but have started to gain . It's the usual cycle. .a few on a few off and not because of water retention. I always know I'm overeating and the scale agrees. As does my hurting stomach.

So for today the goals are:
    Get real and aware !!
    No instances if sore full guts !!
    Make a beet juice !
    Walking or cycling or gym or yoga or dance.

I'm hanging out with friends today should be great x
  • wearefab
    Heres how I did with my goals today (so far still a few hours before bed!)

Get real and aware !! - a bit more keeping it in mind yes.
    No instances if sore full guts !! - oh only a little but not as bad as the last few days!
    Make a beet juice ! No i did not do this ut did eat green veg and salad and fruit!
    Walking or cycling or gym or yoga or dance. - I did walking and dancingyoga!

My goal for tomorrow is start tracking again. Maybe have a goal of 1500 and dont count exercise. If I count exercise I end up wit lots of cals avaialble and stuff my face for the sake of it!

Go well everyone!
  • wearefab
    Well I tracked today goal met! Ate hardly any veggies :( Lived on fruit bread and eggs mostly!
    Maybe tomorrow is the day I make the juice and cook the cabbage!!!
    I did walking and yoga today.
    Tomorrows goal is just to eat veggies.
    Go well everyone.
  • wearefab
    Today's goal is to track and eat veg. Have to admit I'm unprepared and working all day. See how it goes! !
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I'll be 48 in August. I have about 40 pounds I'd like to lose. I'm going to the gym lifting every other day, but it's hard to find the time to go to the gym and get enough sleep at night. (I have 2 kids to keep up with it and a house and husband.) It's very humbling edging closer to 50 and seeing how much harder it is to lose weight. Ugh.
  • 1zziebee
    1zziebee Posts: 9 Member
    I'll be 49 this spring and yes, on the weight loss roller coaster of life. But just making this a lifestyle now, eat better, exercise/move that body and get some rest.

Glad to be with good company.....my age lol!!!!!
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    easydtlhqohk.jpg
  • kenkel4
    kenkel4 Posts: 60 Member
    sk8rvixen wrote: »
    :) Hey Ladies, I just turned 39 and I am in some sincerely horrible shape. I have 3 daughters and haven’t had to stress on my health or weight since I was 19 and I was able to lose 50 lbs and kept it off for almost 20 years until about 3 years ago now. That was when, due attendance issues steaming from poor health from undiagnosed postpartum depression I was let go of my dream job I had worked for for 10 years so because I lost my job and my activity and mental health along with my life including marriage home financial independence and self worth all completely disintegrated I have steadily been gaining weight for the first time as a woman and I am just getting worse and worse by the day I am up 65 lbs the heaviest I have ever been at 175 and I am always in pain and I know I have to get healthy I just don’t have any friends to help me stay motivated and even care about weather I get better but I want to feel like a person again and I want my girls to see the real me and not this awful version of what life has done-what I have allowed life to do to me internally and is showing up on the outside. So I would love to have you ladies to get some inspiration from and hopefully one day I can be able to get my life together and help someone out too. Thank you for listening or reading if you made it this far. Thank you so much! I can do this! I just have to!

Hey sk8rvixen,

You are NOT alone. I topped the scale at 178 in March of last year and knew something had to change. I have two girls and a husband and lived for them; I ate whatever was fast and easy. I ate to mask my stress and anxiety. My mom has been diagnosed with cancer. My dad passed away. Both kids moved out for college. I ATE ALOT of feelings. But I just made a switch: I track every day and I try to eat mostly just fruits and vegetables. Different things work for different people so just find what works for you. I also let my body feel my feelings and let my mind process them; now I don’t have to mask them with food. I’m down to 136 now and only have a little more to lose. You can do this. Feel free to add me.
  • Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 276 Member
    Um I'm 40 in June am I close enough?

I've lost 28lbs I have 82 or there about pounds to go!

Mom of 4 kiddos they are all growing up 2 in college 🤪 one in middle school, one near entering middle school.

The nest is quite and I'm realizing I'm lost. So please everyone feel free to add me. I'm always looking for support and to give it!

Wishing everyone success!
  • Tarak15
    Tarak15 Posts: 19 Member
    I am starting MFP AGAIN..I an 46 years old and have 65lbs to lose. I need all the help I can get!
  • wearefab
    My goal for yesterday was track and eat veg. I definitely completed that
    My goal for today is to track and eat veg and go to gym.
    Today I can choose from corgette, tomato spinach broccoli carrot beet redcabbage.
    Have a great day everyone.
  • dtp17
    dtp17 Posts: 27 Member
    Better day today. Just been to running club for an hour and foods a little more on track. Still not perfect and water consumption still an issue but I’m getting there.

Hope you’re all ok x
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    sk8rvixen wrote: »
    :) Hey Ladies, I just turned 39 and I am in some sincerely horrible shape. I have 3 daughters and haven’t had to stress on my health or weight since I was 19 and I was able to lose 50 lbs and kept it off for almost 20 years until about 3 years ago now. That was when, due attendance issues steaming from poor health from undiagnosed postpartum depression I was let go of my dream job I had worked for for 10 years so because I lost my job and my activity and mental health along with my life including marriage home financial independence and self worth all completely disintegrated I have steadily been gaining weight for the first time as a woman and I am just getting worse and worse by the day I am up 65 lbs the heaviest I have ever been at 175 and I am always in pain and I know I have to get healthy I just don’t have any friends to help me stay motivated and even care about weather I get better but I want to feel like a person again and I want my girls to see the real me and not this awful version of what life has done-what I have allowed life to do to me internally and is showing up on the outside. So I would love to have you ladies to get some inspiration from and hopefully one day I can be able to get my life together and help someone out too. Thank you for listening or reading if you made it this far. Thank you so much! I can do this! I just have to!

Honey I think most of us have been in a deep hole emotionally at some point in our lives. The fact that you put how you feel out in the public proves that you are a strong determined woman. You will be successful and this group of women are amazing at having your back and helping push you to succeed. We all need to have those who will take 5 seconds and say you got this. So let me say right now you got this. Keep strong!
  • corporatelawmom
    corporatelawmom Posts: 205 Member
    Hi. I'm 40 and am trying to lose 25 pounds. It is very difficult to stay motivated. Between work and kids, I find myself completely depleted at the end of the day and looking for a bottle of wine to relax. I'm trying to make better decisions, but it's not easy. It's amazing to see so many of us are in the same boat!