WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2019

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    I did some writing!!!!! :drinker: That's the first since I got sick. It feels great to have got started again. o:)

DH wanted to come with me to the supermarket. We both went on the bus and I was really strict with him only to buy things we can't get locally. Managed only to fill my wheely trolley and two bags, which he carried. A good expedition. I also bought some oven gloves for £5, in a great black design, as my very expensive pale blue ones are beyond rescue. They were a present from my son and I did ask for them, but they were not a good colour choice! I'm going to try soaking them in bicarb etc., but I'm not holding out much hope. They've been through several hot washes.

Then when we were passing our local newsagent, DH pointed out that there was a card in the window from a 'mature and experienced' woman offering a cleaning service. I was astonished and asked him if he thought we could do with one (I did some cleaning this morning). He said, "Well, I just noticed it", so I copied down the number and will give her a call. :D We had a cleaner at our previous house, but he was never much in favour. I am seizing the chance! At least to give her a trial run.

My son is coming at 5 pm to use our elliptical. That caused me to clean all the exercise machines and to clean the shower room. :o;):* Then, as I had a cloth in my hands I did the bedroom surfaces and the stairs surrounds. First time in about a month!

Love Heather in the sunny and WARM UK xxxxxxx
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Well I am bummed. Suppose to be sunny and warm today so I signed up for golf. Guess what, it is cloudy and misting. Guess I will go anyway as it is too late to cancel.
    Lisa- glad you are having a better day. Recovery is a strange thing, one day you are sure you are better the next you are in agony. Keep on keeping on. You are doing great.
    Rita- sorry about your injuries from the dog bite. Do you need to get a shot?
    Michele, you need to moved to FL. You love it so in the winter but then it is hot and humid in summer. Lol everyplace has good and bad things about it. So just concentrate on the good.
    KJ- sorry you are having so much stress. You are an amazing woman but you can only take so much. (((Hugs)))
    Better get ready to go play in the “mist”. Ugh
    Suebdew in TX
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited February 2019
    Betsy ~ Here's hoping the judge rules in your favor. I totally understand the hurt feelings and unfairness that can occur when family members pass away.

Carol
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    im up and having tea.. still trucking along.. 2 months in on Keto and I am very discouraged I only weigh myself once a week.. and I am down 12 lbs, yes thats great.. but I am doing what I am supposed to do and im stuck..
    alright well enough about me.. going to watch Joyce.. and then

That is a great loss! I weigh myself every day and as long as the graph is on a downward teen I'm happy! Suggestion when you weigh yourself, take a piece of yarn and measure your waist. Cut it and tape it where you can see it. great visual motivator.

My little raptor was protecting her Daddy's bed from Brownie who was trying to hel me. All is well with me. No puncture wounds. Just a scratch on my hip.

RV Rita
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    Allie - Since I have been doing keto and communicating with other people in the low carb and Keto communities there is a phenomenon known as the “woossh”. You go a couple weeks without losing anything then, all of a sudden you will drop 3 to 5 pounds. I agree with others that you are doing fantastic :)

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    Oooo
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    Lisa - you will not regret it, best thing we ever did. We also have an elliptical, but I think the rower is the best all round exercise. The only thing I would say is, buy the best you can afford. And check out the maintenance arrangements. The first elliptical we had was always needing adjustments for knocking noises, but because we bought it from a reputable store they repaired it several times for free under guarantee. Eventually they gave us a huge chunk of money off a much better model. We have had absolutely no trouble with the new one in 5 years. Our recumbent bike has also been trouble free. LIFE FITNESS.

Betsy - Wishing uou good luck for your legal wrangles. How wearing for you!

Dancing was great tonight. Even DH enjoyed the 8 beat Lindy Hop. :o<3:D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Machka, that cycling event sounds a little like the “Iron B__t” for motorcycle riders here in the USA. Then there’s the “Four Corners”! Tip of Washington state to tip of Maine to tip of Florida to SW coast of California to tip of Washington. I forget how many thousands of miles but suspect it’s well over 10k - or 17k kilometers. I’d love to just leisurely ride that route sometime.

Sharon Near Seattle.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Hi ladies just been watching Sewing Bee on BBC2 love it as I used to make all our clothes.

DH is definitely hard of hearing he mentioned last week that he should get it checked. Don't want to nag him but wish he would. He is very good at disguising his problem but I would get the blame for 'mumbling' We have volume high on TV and often have subtitles switched on. Know it needs to be his decision. Presume he feels it shows age he is 78 soon, it's not the cost of aids cos we can afford it. It drives me mad but don't want to push. Need to be tactful LOL

Kate UK <3