Peanut Butter

do you think eating peanut butter everyday with my green apples is bad for you? it is good protien but it is also high in fat so what do you think?

Replies

• I eat that alot, but i buy organic peanut butter and with everything in moderation, and its the good fat thats good for ya..
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    I eat 2 tbls a day to get my daily fat in. I would say you are good just dont over do it and eat alot of it
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    I eat it almost every day for lunch...2 tbls...it is a good source of protein and "good"fat...everything in moderation
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    moderation. youre good if you keep it in moderation...and that goes with everything...but you knew that already :)
  • fitaliciag
    fitaliciag Posts: 373
    i eat it everyday!
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    It's great but you have to get the peanut butter with just peanuts - that's the good fat. If you just buy jiffy or kraft they take the peanut oil out, replace it with bad fat and sell the good fat seperatly. doesn't that frost ya??!!!
  • I eat low fat peanut butter . . . works for me . . . 1 tbs per day.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    I love peanut butter. I have a great brand that I buy in individual serving sizes so it helps me keep it in moderation. Brand is Peanut Butter Co....flavor is Dark Chocolate Dreams. I get it at Whole Foods or Wal-Mart even carries it now.

It is the good fat..I don't think it is bad in moderation.
  • Tiffani3089
    Tiffani3089 Posts: 44 Member
    I think its fine.. maybe try the reduced fat PB. Compare and pick the lowest.

Here is an Article on PB >> http://www.prevention.com/health/nutrition/smart-shopping/healthy-eating-why-you-should-eat-more-peanut-butter/article/e61dc7043c8a4110VgnVCM10000013281eac____/
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Just don't get it on your pants...
  • do you think eating peanut butter everyday with my green apples is bad for you? it is good protien but it is also high in fat so what do you think?

Lol! I'm eating this right now for my lunch. I think it is a good thing to eat, but I would not go over 2 tbls on the peanut butter. I only have the jiffy creamy peanut butter and I am going to get all natural next time to get better fats, but I think you are good. =)
  • andeygirl
    andeygirl Posts: 13 Member
    As everyone else has said, in moderation it's good for you. We get our pb at a co-op store where they have a grinder in the bulk foods that grinds peanuts into pb. Nothing added, just peanuts and it's great. The Jif, Skippy, etc all have added junk that you just don't need.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    I love peanut butter and almond butter on my apples. It's one of my favorite snacks!

I use organic peanut butter, and I make my own organic raw almond butter.

Sure it's high in fat, but it's healthy fats. The best nut butters are the ones that are closest to nature. Peanuts have to be roasted, but every other nut should be raw. Organic is always best.

The nuts are also high in protein, so it's a great afternoon pick-me-up mixed with a healthy carb (like an apple or celery).

Remember... fat doesn't make you fat! And your body NEEDS healthy fats to break down fat.

If you're not grinding your own fresh (from the bulk section at the health food store), then be sure the ONLY ingredients on the lable are Peanuts! Sea salt is also ok..in which case the label would say "peanuts, sea salt." Anything else.. sugar, hydrogenated oils, soy bean oil, etc.. are NOT GOOD.

You could even make your own peanut butter... just buy organic peanuts and toss into your blender or food processor at home. You can add a little "minimally processed sea salt" and some organic coconut oil, if you wish.. volila.. this is how I make my almond butter actually. And it takes maybe 15 minutes?

God bless!
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Try PB2

http://www.bellplantation.com/

It's 45 Calories, 1.5G FAT, all natural. It's dehydrated peanut butter, they take the oil out. I'm not going to lie to you and say it tastes awesome, but it's good. And fills my peanut butter craving when I have one! I don't feel so guilty eating that vs. Skippy

- Mike
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    As long as it doesn't put you way over calories, it's fine.

I eat peanut butter pretty much every day -- sometimes two or three times a day. I love the stuff!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I love peanut butter. I have a great brand that I buy in individual serving sizes so it helps me keep it in moderation. Brand is Peanut Butter Co....flavor is Dark Chocolate Dreams. I get it at Whole Foods or Wal-Mart even carries it now.

It is the good fat..I don't think it is bad in moderation.

Oh YES!!! I love that stuff! I put it in my fruit smoothies to give a little sweet chocolate taste to the fruit and add a little protein!! I recommend it all the time.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    i eat nut butter. every day.

it's the carbs in the apple i am more concerned with.
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    I would stick to organic all natural types. Jiff, Skippy etc all have too much sugar and are too processed.

I LOVE so many nut butters available at Whole Foods:
    Cashew Butter - my personal fav
    Almond Butter
    Hazelnut Butter
    Pecan Butter
    Dark Chocolate Almond Butter
    I could go on and on...

yum yum yum!!! But only 2tbsp/day... unfortunately.
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Two PB&Js a day for me. I just switched over to organic PB (365 Whole Foods brand). Good stuff.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Peanut butter and apples every day will keep the doctor away!!