WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2019

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Thank you ladies, for all your comments. You are the cheering squad in my life. My sister's in my life have gone silent, so I go to y'all for encouraging words. You never let me down.💗
    Have a mauvvalous day!💗
    Rebecca
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,081 Member
    Dana- welcome back! Nice to see you posting again!

We just bought two pedal assist bike’s!! They are fantastic!! We went bike riding with people that are avid bike riders and were able to keep up without any strenuous work!! I would definitely suggest them for anybody that wants to be out and about and get your exercise in. I was still constantly peddling for two hours but did not have to over do it.

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    back from running errands, going to take my son to get his taxes done and then we are going out to an early dinner.. where I dont know
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    PIP: You look lovely in that photo! :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited February 2019
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    PIP: You look lovely in that photo! :)

I agree.

M you asked about ways to reduce stress that doesn't add to the list. LAUGH. Today I came into a Kindergarten and after being with them for ten minutes I was to have them push their chairs into the hall with their book boxes line them up in the hall and have a reading train with them. When I read that I just laughed for a good couple of minutes. It was stressful to accomplish this especially when there were also three students in wheel chairs that had to fit into the scenario too. As we were lining up two classes were passing us in the hall , so they could leave for a field trip. I knew what was being asked. It worked out better for me to laugh at the absurdity of it rather than fuss and fume about how ridiculous it was to ask a sub to organize this. They had never done anything like this. They actually did pretty well with it, and they loved it.

I am trying to incorporate the change the channel idea as a way to reduce stress too.

:heart: Margaret
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,127 Member
    Good day.
    My son didn’t come for an exercise session on Tuesday as he was too stiff, so he rescheduled it for today. Then he completely forgot. :# Oh well. Kids, eh!

Other than that I have done some administration. Scheduled a window cleaning estimate, paid a credit card bill, and booked a cleaner for a trial run next Friday. She sounds very chatty, which is not always good. She is 60. ;) Also booked a 'wet cut' for next Wednesday. Good to tick things off.

Went to my dance class this pm. The group of 4 that I was working with last week were all absent, so I joined another group to make a trio. All went well, and we worked hard at getting something together. Unfortunately one of the women had been drinking. I could smell it. She was ok, but a little uninhibited.
    The best bit of the class is the exercises for the first hour. Jason, the teacher, manages to make exercises look like dancing! Lovely music. I'm not so keen on the group work, but it's all strenuous exercise, so all good.

Had delicious roasted guinea fowl this evening with roasted cauliflower. Yum!

Just had an email from my DDIL. The kids go to "Streetfunk" on Fridays, which is street/break dancing. She is planning to go to Fatto a Mano at 6 pm (real wood fired pizza) and asked if we wanted to join them. :D Oh yes! :D:p The left over guinea fowl will go into tomorrow's ciabatta for lunch and then have to wait until Saturday for a veggie heavy stir fry.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    afternoon ladies~ I am home again after a quick trip to get Dan's taxes dome, I took a nap in the car , he was out in 1/2 hr... nice little nap though... he bought me taco bell as that is what he was getting, I got a steak power bowl no rice or beans and a diet pepsi, which I dont drink soda anymore but figured what the heck.. the power bowl was pretty good and only 6 carbs... so early dinner.. and I am happy..
    I hit goodwill and did a donation and bought myself 3 shirts and a pocketbook... found one shirt at Walmart that I couldn't resist and stopped and got my DFIL some Jello brand lemon meringue pie cups, he loves them.. praise the lord I was able to get his cream of wheat into him today.. and small glasses of root beer.. the fluids is what is helpful... I told you I bought the sugar free powerade but it does have sucralose in it , so didn't want to drink it,so I donated it down to the nursing home for the ones with the tummy bug, it has the elctrolites that they need .. and they didnt like the orange flavor ,so I had fruit punch and grape.. so hear is hoping that helps those poor people..
    he was awake and alert today which is unusual lately.. and he even batted the balloon around for a few minutes, he doesnt usually engage in any of the festivities unless there is ice cream involved... and let me tell you .. you give him a root beer float and he is on cloud 9 lol...
    I just fed Alfie and he is hanging out in the sun, he came down with me and visited a few people... he so loves that and so do they..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    Don’t ask me where I’m going to find the time to go thru all the posts. I’ll just be skimming, so I’m sorry for anything that I may have missed.

Let’s see, Tuesday did Leslie Sansone Walk to the Hits DVD. Then we left for home, got home around 7:30. Wed did a 10MS carb burner DVD, today did an extreme strength DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take the deep water class.

We had a newcomer board meeting Wed. I was asked if I still wanted to continue with membership and I just said “I’ll have to think about it”. At the next board meeting I’ll just say that I’ve truly enjoyed my years doing membership but I haven’t enjoyed it these last few months so I think they should find someone else to do membership. But I won’t leave them in a lurch. I will continue to add people to the website as I have and I will continue to keep the mail list until they find someone else to do it.” Newcomer bowling tonight

Rori – congrats on the car!!! How exciting!

Lisa- Vince had to buy GS cookies last night!

Lost over 4 lbs while in FL. Wonder how long it’ll take me to put it back on?

Made a triple chocolate cheesecake for the neighbor who watched our house while we were gone. The house across the street from us sold

Suebdew – I don’t know if I’d want to live in FL. Yes, I love it. But it’s ALWAYS green. Something about having a BBQ on Christmas just seems weird to me.

Sinuses have been really acting up. I know it’s the change in barometric pressure that does it

Barbie – one thing they do here in NC (to me this is weird) is in add’n to the eye test you have to identify signs, but there is nothing on them. Like a RR crossing sign is just a round circle. When do you ever see that? I usually lay out my exercise clothes for the next day.

Texted with Maria today. She’s expecting at least 50 to the shower. Looks like I’m going to have to make more favors. To me, a wedding shower is much more than a baby shower. Well, she’s paying for it. To me, the place looks more like a wedding venue than a place where you have a baby shower. Judging from how many were at the wedding shower, I was thinking that there’d be 20-25 there. Looks like I'll need to buy a dress

Volunteered at the Green Room today. Good to be back

I usually get the Prolia for my osteoporosis. Do you know that this year insurance denied it because they didn’t feel it was medically necessary any more (my osteoporosis has gotten so much better). The MD now prescribed Actonel. Have to go pick it up at WalMart

Janetr – (((HUGS)))

Beth – good thoughts being sent your way

M- (((HUGS)))

Michele – back in NC (boo)
  • javacreek
    javacreek Posts: 310 Member
    edited February 2019
    I would like to join for March. :)
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    edited February 2019
    Machka I have some earrings like that that belong to my grandmother. They have pearls in them and are tarnished silver. They are very old and have old screw-on backs. I have them somewhere packed away. I would like to have posts put on them and put a pair of round cut aquamarines into them. I’ve have had the stones for a long time too.

KJ Kelley I meant to refer to you about my daughter but wrote Katla. I didn’t realize it until it was too late to change it.
    Sorry!

Rori what kind of a car did you get? Exciting news!!

Have a great evening or morning!
    Dana In Arkansas
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Machka I have some earrings like that that belong to my grandmother. They have pearls in them and are tarnished silver. They are very old and have old screw-on backs. I have them somewhere packed away. I would like to have posts put on them and put a pair of round cut aquamarines into them. I’ve have had the stones for a long time too.

Dana In Arkansas

That would be lovely!! :)

M in Oz

• classic2o
    classic2o Posts: 71 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) There are several items on my happiness commandments list that might qualify as stress reducers:
    *Don't take things personally
    *Lighten up
    *Do it now
    *Stay in the moment
    *Act the way you want to feel
    *Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
    *Don't expect praise or recognition
    *It is what it is

@Katla49 I do also.. but it wasn't my ideas it's what @barbiecat posted earlier. ^^
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    Thats an ol pic of us and that is Kirbys wooden bike made in Oregon, wood grown in the U.S.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    Kelly - I am so happy you spoke to the men in your life, I wish I had spoken up and demanded more in my life at times without fear of hurting others feelings. I still don’t do it often enough.

Machka - my daughter uses lavender to help relax her at night. I have a couple of people in my life that swears by essential oils rubbed on the wrist or worn in a bracelet or necklace to help relieve stress. I’m not sure which oil does what, but if you are interested I could ask.

Yvonne - I feel that I will be feeling the way you do about your Dad’s death when my Mom passes. She has never been herself since Dad was first sick and I feel I have grieved the loss of her already even though she is still here.

Michele - I remember going on the truck with my husband to Florida in December one year. I found it very strange seeing the Christmas decorations with grass.

I am very slow getting caught up today on posts. I overslept this morning so much so that my husband woke me to make sure I was ok.
    I guess I needed the sleep.

Tomorrow I am taking my daughter to get groceries and run errands. It will be nice when her husbands car is fixed so they have two again.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    stats for the day: got off my lazy butt to list it:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.22min, 11.3amph, 142mhr, 1.5mi= 94c
    lateral machine- 30min, lvl5,114ahr, 137mhr, 53arpm, 3.25mi= 223c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.34min, 136mhr, 15.9amph, 1.4mi= 66c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 18.04min, 10amph, 142mhr, 3mi= 182c
    slow jog sta 2 wrk- 5.19min, 10.25min mi, 150mhr, .5mi= 70c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.14min, 9.27min mii, 149mhr, .4mi= 72c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.12min, 7.8amph, 153mlhr, 2.6mi= 203c

total cal 738
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :) It's time to start the new thread for March. Here is the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10730068/women-ages-50-for-march-2019/p1?new=1