For those on the Keto diet...

vanityy99
vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
edited February 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
How long did it take for you to notice weight loss on the scale?

What was your starting weight?
How much do you weigh now?
How long have you been doing keto?

Replies

• Shirleydb
    Shirleydb Posts: 1 Member
    Hello,
    I am trying this keto thing. What do you do about snacks?
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Pepperoni, cheese, eggs, seeds, nuts, veggies and dip, leftovers, beef jerky, coffee with cream, deli meats, hamburger patty.

TBH, I snack less because I am less hungry now. Snacks became a non issue.
    Shirleydb wrote: »
    Hello,
    I am trying this keto thing. What do you do about snacks?

@Shirleydb
  • UmThatsMyCookie
    UmThatsMyCookie Posts: 19 Member
    I've been doing keto and IF for about a month and a half. Started at 245~ Currently 218.4.
    22.6 lost since I started logging in MFP and 26.6 total. The scales started moving for me the first week, but water weight ofc. I don't usually snack just because I'm not hungry, but when I do it's usually almonds or sugar free jello. Careful with the jello though, some of the sweeteners in a few of the jello brands affects blood glucose levels. I get the off brand Wal-Mart brand and it's fine.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Pepperoni, cheese, eggs, seeds, nuts, veggies and dip, leftovers, beef jerky, coffee with cream, deli meats, hamburger patty.

TBH, I snack less because I am less hungry now. Snacks became a non-issue.

For me, Keto produces such easy appetite control I rarely snack anymore. I usually take a handful of nuts with me when I head to work because I have I'm self-employed with a varied schedule and never know when I'm going to get home to eat but most days I end up bringing it home. Nuts and seeds work well for me when I need a snack.
  • kelsoby
    kelsoby Posts: 2 Member
    I started keto/low carb in July 2018 and since starting I find it the easiest WOE to control appetite, which then helps me to eat at a caloric deficit. My initial week my weight loss was 8 lbs (obviously mostly water), but I didn't lose anything for the following 2 weeks. Since July I have lost a total of 51 lbs with a goal to lose about 45 to 50 more (I'll know when I start to get closer to my goal weight where I'd like to settle). I have been losing at an overall average of about 1.5 lbs per week. I didn't do a lot of exercise in the beginning, but I have been incorporating elliptical and outdoor cycling workouts more often in the last couple of months. I plan to start adding in strength training as well.

I know that it may not be for everyone, but it works well for me. Good luck!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I lost the first week I was on keto. I can't remember how much though.
    I started off at 224. Been at it for 8 months and I'm now about 178. I've been stalled for about 2 months though. Jumping up and down the same few pounds. I also switched to carnivore for a little while to see how that goes.
    I'm only 5'3" and want to lose at least 50+ more pounds.
    I just lose really slow apparently.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    @LiLee2018 after a huge loss like that some like to maintain for 6-12 months to let the body to reset at that much lower weight. Great job.