Focused

Started my new year's resolution a little late but first full week of grinding. Any tips? Feel free to share :)

Replies

• hydrostation
    hydrostation Posts: 37 Member
    Welcome! Anytime is a good time to start your resolution :) From my experience, the things that helped me the most was not beating myself up after caving in on something like a Friday or Saturday night. Pick it up and keep moving, find your motivation (mine was a divorce lol) and push forward. Some weeks you may feel like you've made 0 progress, just remember our bodies are stubborn, keep pushing it and it WILL change, it has no other choice. If you drink, make sure to account for those calories as best as you can (I like to stick to wine since it's very easy to count and probably the best alcohol to drink when trying to lose weight, beer being the worst).

Keep pushing forward, and you will meet your goals! You're in a great community and we've all had our struggles, the support is crazy awesome here.
  • vrhoff16
    vrhoff16 Posts: 7 Member
    :) Thanks for the motivation words
  • William54321
    William54321 Posts: 652 Member
    Just keep focused (not in Mr Myagi voice but now you heard it) and don’t kick yourself if it slips sometimes. Good luck and you will be winning
  • Paul02129
    Paul02129 Posts: 606 Member
    Make sure you log in all your food and snacks that you eat on this app. It really helps when you are trying to lose weight. You have to see what you are really eating first, then change your diet. Lift a little weight and do a little cardio and you will lose the weight
  • GratefulWayFarer
    GratefulWayFarer Posts: 61 Member
    (just going by the name) do you love the cold?? Or is your name actually Hof?

Mine is to bathe in water below 3C..but it is easier said than done, especially where I live!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    draelsaid wrote: »
    (just going by the name) do you love the cold?? Or is your name actually Hof?

Mine is to bathe in water below 3C..but it is easier said than done, especially where I live!

What does bathing in cold water do for you in regards to weight management? <confused>
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Ease into it. Doing too much too early will burn you out.
  • vrhoff16
    vrhoff16 Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you everyone for sharing
  • ednamoe1
    ednamoe1 Posts: 8 Member
    I am new to FP this week. I started by modifying my eating. I am doing the WW freestyle plan. Focusing on clean eating, no processed or dairy for the first ten days. Eating eggs, chicken, fruits and veggies for the first two weeks. After that, I plan to slowly add beef, bread, rice in small amounts. I also have a plan to work out 45 mins each day, by walking. I will also do yoga in the evenings for toning. Once I lose ten pounds, I will revisit my eating and exercising and make changes. The key to success is to have a plan, and consistent exercise or physical activity. Hoping this FP app and the community can help me stay on track! Good luck to you!