40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 3. 55#. Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 4. 55#. Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Got out to snowshoe again yesterday, and again I had to break trail. This is the trail I have been doing all winter. We have been getting so much snow, it seems I am always breaking trail!

o0gd7w24wvdm.jpg
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Wow, @sdereski , that's some heavy snow cover. Its beautiful, but I'm sure the novelty has worn off for you by this time of year!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back & Legs"=Done!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Sciatic nerve pain sucks. On the bright side, I don't appear to have arthritis. I just have to figure out what's making my sciatic flare up so I can walk normally again.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,096 Member
    Wow! I am going to bring my snowshoes tomorrow to Oak Ridges Trail, but it is supposed to be a "hike" (with icers on) and not a "snowshoe". It is 10km!!

I just want to be more mobile on the weekends and not stuck at my desk like I am all the weekdays.

Hopefully if I FEEL like getting out and about it ACTUALLY means spring is on the way! Wheeeeeeeeee!!!
  • jredman0204
    jredman0204 Posts: 7 Member
    I am just over 40 at 41 and will be 42 this year. I am looking to get my sexy back and feel really good about myself. My starting weight is 225.2 today and I am looking to lose between 90 and 100 pounds.
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    I am just over 40 at 41 and will be 42 this year. I am looking to get my sexy back and feel really good about myself. My starting weight is 225.2 today and I am looking to lose between 90 and 100 pounds.

Good for you sister. Everyone of us started with an idea, and then a 1st day.

I'm 50, and a pretty active person. I do cardio everyday, or at least some form of it, and lift 5 days a week. Currently i'm on a Upper / Lower Body Split. Upper, 3x a week, lower twice. Abs 2x a week.

Today is leg day # 2 for me. Looks like this: Squats, Dead Lifts, Leg Press, Ham Curls, Hack Sqauts or Leg Extensions. + Abs. + 30 min Cardio. Sound like alot, but it's not too bad. I do a lift, ab movement, rest for 1 min, lift, abs, rest a minute. So the whole thing with Cardio only takes me about 1.5/hr or a little longer.

Cheers everyone,

• gam3rguy
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 5! 55#.
    Gonna be honest, wasn’t gonna do this today. Heavy @$$ day at work disassembling, moving, then reassembling conference room tables. Those ******* are MONSTERS! But “OCPD voice” wouldn’t stfu and leave me alone. Still did better than last round. Who’d have thought. 🤪👍
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders & Arms"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    I've finally accepted my MD's guidance that I need to take most of this season off from running and focus on addressing my chronic achilles tendinitis. That means I will do zero runing while undergoing several months of chiropractic work to release and retrain my lower back, glute and hip muscles as a way to relieve pressure on the achilles. Ugh.

I haven't withdrawn from any races quite yet, but that's probably going to happen. I"m really bummed out about potentially missing IMMT in August.

The only upside is that I can continue to swim and ride the bike, so I should be able to maintain some level of fitness. There is also a fairly comical element to my condition according to my wife - and that is watching me try to become a yogi. Apparently, my balance and flexibility are not quite awe inspiring at this point. :)
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    I've finally accepted my MD's guidance that I need to take most of this season off from running and focus on addressing my chronic achilles tendinitis. That means I will do zero runing while undergoing several months of chiropractic work to release and retrain my lower back, glute and hip muscles as a way to relieve pressure on the achilles. Ugh.

I haven't withdrawn from any races quite yet, but that's probably going to happen. I"m really bummed out about potentially missing IMMT in August.

The only upside is that I can continue to swim and ride the bike, so I should be able to maintain some level of fitness. There is also a fairly comical element to my condition according to my wife - and that is watching me try to become a yogi. Apparently, my balance and flexibility are not quite awe inspiring at this point. :)

First, taking off a single season is better than never being able to go back at all because a temporary injury becomes permanent.

Second, yoga-type workouts are great for tri-athletes. Everything you do for training is in one direction. Moving your body in different directions will help prevent future injuries. Mentally, though, the downtime is killer. Lol!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Still on track with P90X3 and running. I have a very large running goal towards the end of the year. Hopefully, I'll stay smart about my training and stay injury-free!
    ot4jxuvo9p26.jpg
  • gam3rguy
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 6. 55#. At the gym with my brother. We just handed the bag back n forth.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    11Templars wrote: »

Good for you sister. Everyone of us started with an idea, and then a 1st day.

I'm 50, and a pretty active person. I do cardio everyday, or at least some form of it, and lift 5 days a week. Currently i'm on a Upper / Lower Body Split. Upper, 3x a week, lower twice. Abs 2x a week.

Today is leg day # 2 for me. Looks like this: Squats, Dead Lifts, Leg Press, Ham Curls, Hack Sqauts or Leg Extensions. + Abs. + 30 min Cardio. Sound like alot, but it's not too bad. I do a lift, ab movement, rest for 1 min, lift, abs, rest a minute. So the whole thing with Cardio only takes me about 1.5/hr or a little longer.

Cheers everyone,

• succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Hi Everyone, I can see so many of you doing an outstanding job! Others are new, or like me Re-NEW. I am looking forward to seeing your Success! I will be more active in the group. I hope that all of you have a great day!
  • robertkimble
    robertkimble Posts: 17 Member
    Well I pulled the trigger and became a member.
    45 in pretty good shape but looking to bulk up some. Looking forward to the journey.
  • robertkimble
    robertkimble Posts: 17 Member
    Out with old and in with the new. Went to buy 40lb and 45lb but cost the same as getting the Bowflex. Also wanted a bench with incline and decline.
  • gam3rguy
    “Rest” day=in progress.