WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,553 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »

Trying to find a pic of the slide that gives an idea of the scale. Freddie's has been able to restock gas and food, Conoco too.
    https://ktvl.com/news/local/ground-movement-continues-on-hwy-101
    mtbd9te1w85t.png

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.

That's crazy! That's just from mud/earth sliding? It looks difficult to fix, but I suppose the engineers can figure it out. And make it safe!

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)<3
  • OregonMother
    Hey my Tribe,💖
    So I am worried. In Oregon when I would go to the doctor my BP would be like 137/73. High but not high enough to warrant being put on blood pressure meds. So now, I seem to be 155/84. That was before I exercised at the gym, they have a little sit down bp thingy. After the weight room, I checked it again and it was 145/83. I think I now need to be on high blood pressure pills. Its discouraging because I have always been so proud of myself to be medicine free. I need to own up to my fatness. Its taken its toll on this old body of mine.

Oh, Rebecca. Try not to worry too much. If you are using the gym machine, it may not be calibrated accurately. Also, our blood pressure does go up after we have exerted ourselves. Do you know if it comes back down after you have rested? Do you have a machine at home?

I would still get it checked out with the doc, but it may be as simple as a bad machine and good exercise. Hugs

Felicia
  • OregonMother
    Happy March! I hope we are finished with the snow for a while. I usually love snow, and I did enjoy the snow, but I've had enough. I need some sun and warmth.

Thank you, Barbie for starting these threads every month.

March Goal: I would like to really lose two pounds this month. Not just the two that I gained and lost and gained and lost multiple times last month! Lol

Love to all, and welcome to the new women.

Felicia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Machka! Lol! "Send him around to my place!" Along with the heat, rain chance every day. Does the rain cool things, or just add to the humidity and misery?
    Sharon, Nearly There, Near Seattle

I actually love the heat. Part of the reason I moved from Canada (roughly the same area as @Snowflake1968 (Tracey in Edmonton) to Australia was because I couldn't handle another winter.

And then I ended up in Tasmania with weather like the Pacific NW, so I now have the the rain, wind, and chilly-damp winters. Our first summer here was a real summer, but then we had several which were much like winter. This one is finally a real summer again. :)

Right now ... :smiley::smiley::smiley:

7kdiswj2e9yb.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    MariMcKeon wrote: »
    Hi all! I love reading messages in this group but have not said anything before this. I am 55 and actively trying to lose a lot of weight.....it's working, I'm down 30 pounds since December 9 when 311 absolutely frightened me. So far, my loss has all been dieting and I am trying to find a way to exercise. I am open to suggestions. I use a cane and am unstable walking outside or getting on/off cardio machines. I can not find a local decent indoor pool Any ideas?

Have you been to see a physio? They might be able to help you with exercises you can do to build up your stability and strength.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    It took me a while to come up with some fitness/exercise goals for 2019 because my goals were all shattered last year when my husband had a bad accident in March. But here it is!!

Half marathon in January ... Done!! :)

Gradually build up cycling distance ticking off milestone distances along the way. The goal behind this is to build a solid base for further long distances and events in 2020.
    50 km
    75 km
    100 km
    125 km
    160 km (100 miles)

Get back to climbing 20+ flights of stairs at least 4 days each week. I work in a 10-storey building, and can climb 10 flights in the morning, and 10 flights in the afternoon ... plus extras if I want.

Walk (or run or hike ... basically move by foot) more than last year.
    These are my walking/running/hiking totals for the past few years ... so ... more than 1357.1 km in 2019 would be good. I would add more running event goals, but I'll have to wait and see what happens with my back and hip.
    • 2018 - 1357.1 km
    • 2017 - 1302.52 km
    • 2016 - 1133.02 km
    • 2015 - 1131.7 km

And build some upper body & core strength + improving flexibility.

I would really like to get on a rowing machine this winter ... I think I'm just going to have to break down and buy one!

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited March 2019
    dalcdszvaac1.png
    https://www.biausa.org/public-affairs/public-awareness/news/march-is-brain-injury-awareness-month

I quote ...

The theme for the 2018 to 2020 campaign is Change Your Mind.

The Change Your Mind public awareness campaign provides a platform for educating the general public about the incidence of brain injury and the needs of people with brain injuries and their families. Individuals who join us to help raise awareness with the Change Your Mind campaign are essential to:

• De-stigmatizing brain injury through outreach within the brain injury community
    • Empowering those who have survived brain injury and their caregivers
    • Promoting the many types of support that are available to people living with brain injury
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Hello!

February came and went and I had the flu so I didn’t do anything. Didn’t gain nor lose which is good.

March
    1. Track track track!
    2. Get to moving more
    3. Plan my meals better
    4. Drink more water
    5. Organize my files
    6. Less spending, more saving

Since the last time I was on here, I had to see another cardiologist and my heart is strong but I have V-tach. I’m taking Metoprolol and no more caffeine! I can have 2 cups of decaf; one in the morning and one in the evening. This totally sucks but I feel better and no more episodes. So I will Obey!!

My mom has been gone for a year. I think of her often also. I haven’t spoke to my DSis since the services down in San Antonio. I am happy my mom is next to my dad down there.

Rebecca Congratulations on paying off your car! Doesn’t it feel good? My RAV4 is 9 years old and I paid it off before I retired. I keep thinking of getting another one but it’s only has 80,000 miles on it. Very low mileage and I’ve never had a problem with it. I always get the scheduled maintenance on it so it will run a long time.

Rori Good choice on The Forester. They are very popular up in Colorado, I remember seeing them all over when I lived there.

Heather So sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully you can see her again real soon. Hugs!

Good evening my friends! Have a happy weekend!

Dana In Arkansas
    <3
  • noegrand123
    noegrand123 Posts: 166 Member
    Janet - hopefully sending sun to your side of the state! We had it again today! Still cold but sunshine was awesome!

Barbie I like your new word also! Pause - we all need to apply it!

Jacque welcome I am just starting too. It’s fun to just read and put the threads together as the gals all post!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.10min, 11.6amph, 136mhr, 1.5mi= 85c

STAIRCLIMBER- 30min, 115ahr, 124mhr, 1590steps, 100floors, lvl5= 217c

bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.10min, 138mhr, 17.1amph, 1.4mi= 62c

jog sta 2 wrk- 5.10min, 10.06min mi, 153mhr, .5mi= 69c

jog wrk 2 sta- 4.40min, 11.11min mi, 151mhr, .4mi= 64c

bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.34min, 8.4amph, 152mhr, 2.6mi= 203c

tototal cal 700
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    Hello Everyone. I’m 66 soon to be 67;and at my all time highest weight. I just rejoined MFP. Wish me luck.

My plan for March

Loose 5 lbs by end of month
    Go to gym 3 days a week for resistance workouts
    Do cardio workouts at home 4 days a week with Total Body Project ... check them out on YouTube.
    Get outside ... it’s been a brutal winter here. I’m tired of it all. Ice, snow, freezing rain.
    Track, track, track

Night all.

:) I hope you'll keep coming back. It helped me to become part of a community of women who were all looking for a healthier way of life. I read this thread every morning as I eat my breakfast (same thing every morning) and feel encouraged to get out and walk my dogs when I finish eating. I've learned a lot about healthy eating and good exercise. The snow here is finally melting, but I've found a way to get out every day.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW WA