Starting for the 88th time.

Replies

• Longing4Maui
    Longing4Maui Posts: 51 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Schatzi43 Click on the person ‘blue text name’, then a new window opens, click on blue text name again, then select the ‘face’ icon and that opens window to add name and comments and send friend request.
  • Longing4Maui
    @AbandondedKSCharger , like your idea, but not sure how to add to the same thread? This is kind of a text to see if works.
  • rdthoms
    rdthoms Posts: 61 Member
    Can you start a group for "88th time" ;)
  • Bride2Be2020
    Bride2Be2020 Posts: 3 Member
    Also attempting to get back on the wagon after gaining like 40 pounds :/ Need someone to kick my *kitten* in gear and help me get wedding ready!!
  • ladytreena
    ladytreena Posts: 4 Member
    This is my millionth time trying to get myself and this track back on track and I’m just failing @ then min I fill some in but not all and my consistency is the key 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️ I’m aiming for 2 dress sizes but not a scale size @ the mine ..... I can’t figure out how to find people and stay connected and have more of a community instead of being the Lone Ranger 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 feel free to add me
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    @AbandondedKSCharger , like your idea, but not sure how to add to the same thread? This is kind of a text to see if works.

I agree lol, absolutely a test ;)
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Also attempting to get back on the wagon after gaining like 40 pounds :/ Need someone to kick my *kitten* in gear and help me get wedding ready!!

How exciting!! We'd love to help you!
  • goldentamarin
    goldentamarin Posts: 16 Member
    The title of this post is so relatable lol. Like a whole bunch of the lot in here, I also gained back what I had lost! I’m not where I started, but I’ve definitely been in better shape. Let’s get back to being our best selves! Please add me — a ton of my old mfp fam pals have also fallen off and haven’t logged in in months 😭 This really is a super helpful social network, I’m just missing the social bit...
  • skytuner
    skytuner Posts: 11 Member
    Crazy 88s!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    @goldentamarin and @skytuner and anyone else who pops in here though out the week.
    Let's start this accountability thing!
    Tell us about yourself, age, weight, goal....whether it be weekly, monthly, a year goal, or your goal weight. Whatever it may be, post it. Then each week let's report back on how we are doing.
    I hope to see some others that have poked their heads in on this thread do the same.
    @Longing4Maui I would LOVE to have some suggestions if you have any ideas ;)
    I think we all have the same mindset and need the extra support ;)
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Monday, 3/3
    Current weight 199.6
    Current goal: 196.6 by the end of March. I will check in weekly with updates.
    I think I posted this on the last page, but for beginning reasons; 57 years old, 5' 3"

I am very excited that I have lost my first 3 pound goal! That is my goal for each month. And I did it!!
  • skytuner
    skytuner Posts: 11 Member
    Thanks @AbandondedKSCharger ….. I am not able to keep up with the thread, as I am on a couple of others, but I am always interested in the community and those, like me, who have started and restarted many times … I like the number 88, too!
  • Longing4Maui
    @AbandondedKSCharger , I am 62, and newly retired, current weight 215 which is 17 less than I was on Jan 2 when started at 232. first goal is 200 by end of June, ultimate goal is between 160-175 and to get off bp meds.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    @AbandondedKSCharger , I am 62, and newly retired, current weight 215 which is 17 less than I was on Jan 2 when started at 232. first goal is 200 by end of June, ultimate goal is between 160-175 and to get off bp meds.

Wow! You've lost 17 pounds already!! That is great! I've lost 3 lol. 200 by end of June sounds very doable! I would also like to quit having to take bp medicine, along with the cholesterol medicine ;(
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Boy do I relate to the title of this post. I have started this journey over and over so many times. The ups and downs of trying to build a better overall self can be very challenging, but I'm here and trying (always) and could always use friends. Add me :)
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member

i keep seeing this word kitten in quotes. what does this mean?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member

i keep seeing this word kitten in quotes. what does this mean?

It's an auto-filter for curse words.
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    oh i see
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    akern1987 wrote: »
    Boy do I relate to the title of this post. I have started this journey over and over so many times. The ups and downs of trying to build a better overall self can be very challenging, but I'm here and trying (always) and could always use friends. Add me :)
    You can add this thread to your favorites by clicking on the star in the top right corner of the thread. That way you can continue to easily come back and say hi.
  • Kfletch1959
    Kfletch1959 Posts: 21 Member
    I've read this post a few times (just dipping my toe in) but now I'm in. I'm 59 y/o and in Oct will be 60. I hike, ski, spin and walk, now just starting strength training classes, but I need to get my food in check. I think this accountability thing will help. I see many have joined but no stats.
    I"m 5'8" 179.5 lbs and want to lose 3 lbs a month. I have a big overnight hiking trip May 31st and I would like to be down 10 lbs. Let's do this!