Last film you saw...

Replies

• Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    7gj8zq5ldwxd.png

What did you think of this? I watched it a few weeks back and have opinions, but don't know anybody else who's seen it
  • Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 Posts: 3,441 Member
    phcpvfxb1e6h.jpg

Brilliant would recommend.

I just watched this it was really good !

:+1:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    7gj8zq5ldwxd.png

What did you think of this? I watched it a few weeks back and have opinions, but don't know anybody else who's seen it

i have mixed feelings. i do wish it ended on the girl's story and not the gold rush story.
    i liked aspects of it. the first story was the best. but some just felt unfinished. i understand what they were going for but idk...
  • Reckoner67
    7gj8zq5ldwxd.png

i have mixed feelings. i do wish it ended on the girl's story and not the gold rush story.
    i liked aspects of it. the first story was the best. but some just felt unfinished. i understand what they were going for but idk...

That's a lot of how I felt. The first was the best; the girl's was sad, but good (even if the characters felt...hollow); the gold rush story had the best ending, in my opinion. While the different stories each had some high points, and the cinematography was pretty cool throughout, overall it sorta fell flat for me. It felt like too many stories were unfinished, too many characters weren't humanized (or they felt sorta like parodies of real people).

Even though it's more humorous, it sorta fell into the category of Bone Tomahawk for me--loved the setting, loved the cinematography, but the characters and story itself just sorta fell flat for me.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    7gj8zq5ldwxd.png

That's a lot of how I felt. The first was the best; the girl's was sad, but good (even if the characters felt...hollow); the gold rush story had the best ending, in my opinion. While the different stories each had some high points, and the cinematography was pretty cool throughout, overall it sorta fell flat for me. It felt like too many stories were unfinished, too many characters weren't humanized (or they felt sorta like parodies of real people).

Even though it's more humorous, it sorta fell into the category of Bone Tomahawk for me--loved the setting, loved the cinematography, but the characters and story itself just sorta fell flat for me.

though often i do feel the coen brothers have flat characters that are really just foils. their humor is very dry

i didn't like the gold rush end. part of me expected the deer to fall in. felt like it would have been symbolic or something

i really wanted more from the tyne daly short. i feel like that had the potential to be a good movie
  • TimMilligan1992
    TimMilligan1992 Posts: 6 Member
    Bumblebee
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    On Netflix:

This weekend I watched 'Elizabeth Harvest' - liked it, sci-fi, mystery I guess? Starts slow but kept me interested, different ending than I would have guessed. Accents made it hard for me to follow a bit.

Tonight 'Galveston' - liked it, drama (which I typically don't find too interesting) kept me interested, acting was good and end made me tear (I'm not typically a movie crier)
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    The Green Book. I really enjoyed it, but I understand the backlash against it. Still better than most of the other options this year at Best Picture.
  • ABNana2614
    ABNana2614 Posts: 44 Member
    Finally just watched A Star is Born on the weekend. LOVED it!
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited February 2019
    How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
  • Reckoner67
    Leprechaun: Origin
  • Taz6o5
    b3wgi1l65iyt.jpg

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Taz6o5 wrote: »
    b3wgi1l65iyt.jpg

This was creepy Taz!
  • Taz6o5
    o4x6upfpvzhf.jpg

• 777Gemma888
    Fighting With My Family.

Did you like it?
  • Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 wrote: »
    b3wgi1l65iyt.jpg

This was creepy Taz!

I know that is why it was so good !
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    edited March 2019
    zhq2soa1ofek.jpg

Zzz
  • 777Gemma888
    edited March 2019
    lx1x wrote: »
    zhq2soa1ofek.jpg

Zzz

🙌 ... Thank you! Miss Bala was better, and that is saying A LOT.