What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    yoga at my gym
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Being glad I'm done with meetings for the day, wishing lunch from the cafe was better, and wondering why I got plenty of sleep last night but I'm still so tired at the middle of the day
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Lunch time!!
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Counting the minutes until the end of the workday.
  • Reckoner67
    Waiting for my oldest boy to get out of wrestling while my youngest boy fills me in on all the kindergarten gossip
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    Watching sleepy hollow..
  • DFTNicki
    DFTNicki Posts: 138 Member
    Laying on the couch being completely lazy...
  • amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    At work, eating oatmeal with cranberries and wishing it was a sausage biscuit from McDonald's.
  • sniper300_Rum
    sniper300_Rum Posts: 1,073 Member
    Wondering if life is really important
  • amyjsparkles
    At work, eating oatmeal with cranberries and wishing it was a sausage biscuit from McDonald's.

I'll let you know how it is.

Please describe it very slowly, especially describing the flakiness of the biscuit!
  • Reckoner67

Man, what a thing to be thinkin about. I don't know precisely where you are? I just know I've been there (at least, my interpretation of 'there') a lot. Here's what I've come up with--if I misread the room, feel free to woo this post and move on :)

So is life really important?

It is, tho sometimes our vision of it gets cloudy. You want advice? Take a walk (outside, if the weather works), or do somethin that'll keep yer hands busy. I suck at woodworking but I've started messin around with it because it helps me hold on til things get better. Helps me to get out of my head.

I know that advice doesn't always come at a good time. Sometimes you just need that shot in the arm to hang on, so...just know that you're noticed. You'd be missed, even if you can't see it right now. Something something about pebbles and ponds, etc
  • sniper300_Rum

Have you figured it out yet?
    I’ll get back with ya on that
  • sniper300_Rum
    Reckoner67 wrote: »

Man, what a thing to be thinkin about. I don't know precisely where you are? I just know I've been there (at least, my interpretation of 'there') a lot. Here's what I've come up with--if I misread the room, feel free to woo this post and move on :)

It is, tho sometimes our vision of it gets cloudy. You want advice? Take a walk (outside, if the weather works), or do somethin that'll keep yer hands busy. I suck at woodworking but I've started messin around with it because it helps me hold on til things get better. Helps me to get out of my head.

I know that advice doesn't always come at a good time. Sometimes you just need that shot in the arm to hang on, so...just know that you're noticed. You'd be missed, even if you can't see it right now. Something something about pebbles and ponds, etc
    Missed by who
  • Reckoner67

Missed by who

That's kinda what I was gettin at--the clouded vision thing. Folks would miss you, probably in ways that you just can't see right now.

Man, I get it, I really do. What I know about this feeling though, is that it's cyclical. Sometimes it'll try to hang on for a long time, and it's not easy to get that clarity that you need. I know how thoughts that might otherwise be "How could anyone possibly think that?" suddenly start to seem so...real. Like they're good ideas. But here's the thing...its clouded vision, clouded perception.

I've convinced myself of some stuff that, with a different perspective, I could easily realize is just so, so wrong. But when I'm in that dark place, it's easy to convince myself of all the negatives. Nobody would miss me; they'd all be better off without me, etc.. In the decent times, I can look at those statements and know that they're false, but it's not always those good times.

Thing is--you don't see it right now. But you'd be missed.

If you're just struggling with thoughts like that in general? Like I said, I've found stuff that works for me. If you wanna keep thinking, do it while you're taking a long walk--that might help with the clarity. Sleep helps, and I'm naturally a terrible sleeper so I hit the melatonin sometimes.

If you're thinking of doing something to yourself? Highly recommend talking to someone who might be able to help with clarity (1-800-273-8255)--I'm just a guy who's been there, who knows the struggle, and panics a bit when I see other people who seem to be there because I know how it is.

It's a dark spot to be, but it'll get better. It always does, even if you don't think it will. Hang in there, bud
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 528 Member
    edited March 2019
    [
    Missed by who

Ah, that's something that would totally surprise you, and you'll never know. I remember when I heard of an internet friend's passing. We chatted a few times a week, but I know that she never knew how much her friendship meant to me. She lived in NZ, me in the USA, and we never met. When I learned of her passing, I honestly cried for days on end, it hurt so very badly to lose this person I respected, and yes, even loved as a good friend. That was 21 years ago, and just writing about it now hurts. You have no idea how many people you have touched in your life that will never forget that touch, and who will treasure it in one way or another for the rest of their lives.
  • amyjsparkles

Life is really tough sometimes. For some people, more than just sometimes. I hope that you feel better soon.
  • sniper300_Rum

Life is really tough sometimes. For some people, more than just sometimes. I hope that you feel better soon.
    Thanks its just i get lonely sometimes in this house all by my self
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    At work.. wishing I was home... asleep..
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Hydrating ... Reading through the forum... ☕
  • RobertWorkingOut
    RobertWorkingOut Posts: 20 Member
    Drinking Jack D.