Myfitnesspal

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Add water reminder

winzorwinzor Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
Please add a water reminder.

Replies

• estherdragonbatestherdragonbat Member Posts: 5,285 Member Member Posts: 5,285 Member
    There's already a place on the diary page to track your water intake. What purpose would another reminder serve?
  • tnahowrutnahowru Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    What about you want to make sure you get 6 cups in?
  • MikePTYMikePTY Member, Premium Posts: 3,820 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,820 Member
    Not everyone tracks their water. It's not necessary for weight loss. A water reminder would be an annoyance for those who don't use the feature. But the ability to track water is there for you and pretty easy to follow if you would like to.
  • Gisel2015Gisel2015 Member Posts: 3,954 Member Member Posts: 3,954 Member
    winzor wrote: »
    Please add a water reminder.

Program your phone with the reminder :):) . By the way, if you don't remember to drink more water is because you are not thirsty.
  • sedulamsedulam Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    @Gisel2015 just because you're not thirsty, doesn't mean you shouldn't be drinking water. The recommended daily water intake is around 2 liters, but on a typical day (not too hot), you're probably never thirsty if you drink 1 liter throughout the day.

@estherdragonbat tracking it's different than using the reminders.

@MikePTY a water reminder could be disabled by default, just like meal reminders are disabled by default. That said, the ability to add water reminders should be there nonetheless.
  • tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 Member Posts: 8,873 Member Member Posts: 8,873 Member
    Add an extra meal (Diary Settings>Customize Meal Names) use that to track your water and then set a reminder for that meal at however many intervals you want throughout the day.
  • dukeingramdukeingram Member Posts: 50 Member Member Posts: 50 Member
    I installed an app called "Running" on my iphone. It has a red fire logo. I don't use the app, but it still sends me a notification every hour to drink water.
This discussion has been closed.