Creating daily goals

tomdolly
tomdolly Posts: 2 Member
Hi
Just upgraded to premium and am setting up my daily goals. I see you can set up days of the week, but I was hoping to set up generic days like 'light day', 'moderate day', 'hard day' according to exercise volume. I don't train on the same days each week, so setting up a Monday with calorie breakdowns for a certain type of day wouldn't work.
Can anyone advise the best way to do this or the best workaround?
Cheers, Tom

Replies

• rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    MFP is assuming you log your workouts, and eat back at least some of the calories from your excercise. If you just do that, you get more calories on the days you train more.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    I do this in the standard free version by adding to "My Exercises" an exercise called Active Day Calorie Adjustment which is set to 300 calories. I've done this as I've decided to have a smaller deficit on days when I am rowing or strength training.

My base calories are 1520 for 2lb per week at Lightly Active, so for the active days that then gives me 1820 calories plus any exercises I log.

As @rikkejohnsenrij says you can just log your exercises and eat those back if you wish to retain the same weight management on those days. However, if like me, you want a smaller deficit those days you could just set yourself a standard calorie intake for your "light day" and create exercises for extra calories as "Moderate Day" and "Hard Day".
  • tomdolly
    tomdolly Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks, I can see how both those methods would work. My difficulty is I want to set different macronutrient goals not just an overall calorie target on different days according to training volume, too.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    edited March 2019
    tomdolly wrote: »
    Thanks, I can see how both those methods would work. My difficulty is I want to set different macronutrient goals not just an overall calorie target on different days according to training volume, too.

Your macro grams adjust with your calorie goal.