175lb weight loss 2 years in!

Replies

• cortezkelley91
    cortezkelley91 Posts: 1 Member
    Question. Im starting at about the same weight as you. I’m 386. Did you eat a lot of protein with that 1500 calories you ate a day?
  • mstheglitch
    mstheglitch Posts: 37 Member
    You look amazing! Well done with all your hard work to lose 175 pounds. I wanted to say I love how proud you look in your after photos. Very much deserved!
  • Dustin0525
    Dustin0525 Posts: 40 Member
    Question. Im starting at about the same weight as you. I’m 386. Did you eat a lot of protein with that 1500 calories you ate a day?

I didn’t watch any macros, I focused on keeping my sugar under 30g a day though. I felt a simple CICO with hard work would be best for me. I had tried so many fads before and failed. If you ever want a detailed plan let me know. I will tell you for the first 2 months I just got used to my reduced calories, after 2 months I started lifting weights. After my third month I started both cardio and weightlifting.

• UmThatsMyCookie
    UmThatsMyCookie Posts: 19 Member
    Wowza! You look fabulous!
  • LittleLightShine
    LittleLightShine Posts: 123 Member
    I'm so happy for you. Sounds like you lost the weight the right way without a crazy diet. You must feel great!! Thank you for such an inspiring post. Congrats to you!!!!
  • kscy
    kscy Posts: 1 Member
    you look amazing sir
  • striving4moretoday
    striving4moretoday Posts: 60 Member
    5rwatim640aq.gif<3
  • Enos1981
    Enos1981 Posts: 21 Member
    Wow! Amazing transformation. 👍
  • luvnalaska5078
    luvnalaska5078 Posts: 25 Member
    What an amazing story and such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story and helping us all stay motivated!
  • jean133mjg
    jean133mjg Posts: 133 Member
    You look like you turned the clock back a good ten years. Congratulations on your success!
  • Dustin0525
    Thanks everyone, all the love just keeps me going!
  • FarmerCarla
    FarmerCarla Posts: 470 Member
    Wonderful transformation! You lost a lot of weight and picked up some serious muscle! Inspiring!
  • Ctmikey1980
    Ctmikey1980 Posts: 8 Member
    Quick question- did you set your weekly weight loss goal at 2 lbs, 1.5, or 1lb? I started at 427 Jan 1st and am down to 396 doing 2 lbs a week but finding 2 lbs a week is causing me to be hungry still so may switch to 1.5 lbs or even 1 lb a week. Thanks!
  • Dustin0525
    Quick question- did you set your weekly weight loss goal at 2 lbs, 1.5, or 1lb? I started at 427 Jan 1st and am down to 396 doing 2 lbs a week but finding 2 lbs a week is causing me to be hungry still so may switch to 1.5 lbs or even 1 lb a week. Thanks!

I didn’t set any weekly weight loss goal, I rarely weighed myself during my active loss phase. I just kept my calories at 1500 a day. I figured out foods that would keep me full over time. I also in the first 2 months of loss did not exercise, I just got use to the loss of all the calories I was use to having! Calorie deficit is not linear with weight loss, it’s a lifestyle change not a quick weight loss goal that will make you successful. If you have any questions let me know, I’m always willing to help!
  • lacyphacelia
    lacyphacelia Posts: 58 Member
    This is inspirational for those of us seeking to maintain weight loss in the future! I find that maintenance over time is the hardest, especially with things like stress and life upheaval. I will admit I am an emotional eater like many people.

How did you deal with stress? Did you have to keep logging your calories after hitting your goal?
  • catrionaprovan
    catrionaprovan Posts: 26 Member
    fantastic effort - very inspiring
  • Dustin0525
    This is inspirational for those of us seeking to maintain weight loss in the future! I find that maintenance over time is the hardest, especially with things like stress and life upheaval. I will admit I am an emotional eater like many people.

How did you deal with stress? Did you have to keep logging your calories after hitting your goal?

I still log my calories, it’s so simple so why not. I chose a lifestyle change not a diet, I had tried so many fad diets in the past. I have a stressful life like anyone else, but I don’t believe I ever just over eat because of it. I now have flipped the script and feel stressed if I do over eat.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    zehez7e4br8n.jpg
  • Nckr66
    Nckr66 Posts: 31 Member
    Just wow.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!