VENT

I know this isn't an app for venting but I am so annoyed at men adding me and being pervy. I've had enough of it. They are on the wrong site! It is putting me off having MFP. I want to name and shame but what's the point? I am so fed up of it. Does anyone else get this?

Replies

• Marg672
    Marg672 Posts: 46 Member
    Yup I've gotten several. Block block block
  • ISparkyI
    ISparkyI Posts: 158 Member
    You can name and shame, or just block them, a lot of crazies on here, but majority I would say are decent people. You will soon sift through them and build a great crew for the support you need. Don't give up!
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    I just lay out my boundaries. "Sorry, I don't do that/share that info/whatever. To be clear, I find this offensive/unacceptable/whatever."

I find that having that second sentence, where you're specifically drawing that boundary and saying that you find it unacceptable, is important.

I've seen some people put info on their user profiles that they don't welcome that sort of flirting/behaviour/etc.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Please report these people then block and delete. The staff are great at clearing them out, but they need to know who's causing the issues. Naming them on the boards would be against the community guidelines, so I wouldn't go there, but report then block. Unfortunately, there are these types all over the interwebs. Don't let a few bad ones colour your perception of the whole site/app. Most of the people here are alright, although some of us are a little more cantankerous than others. :bigsmile:
  • SallyH77
    SallyH77 Posts: 42 Member
    Yeah it happens everywhere, just block and report. I get it more on gaming platforms.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,002 Member
    I WAS GOING TO POST THIS EXACT SAME THING. I don't accept any male friend requests anymore because it's immediately followed by a DM.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    kodiakke wrote: »
    I just lay out my boundaries. "Sorry, I don't do that/share that info/whatever. To be clear, I find this offensive/unacceptable/whatever."

I find that having that second sentence, where you're specifically drawing that boundary and saying that you find it unacceptable, is important.

I've seen some people put info on their user profiles that they don't welcome that sort of flirting/behaviour/etc.

It sucks that you have to do this though. You should be able to enjoy this platform with harassment free being the default option of mens's behavior towards you. "Don't be inappropriate towards me" shouldn't need to be said.
  • Halloweenmom31
    Halloweenmom31 Posts: 56 Member
    I keep everything private. I’m not looking to make friends. I would like to but don’t really do social media. I like to put my 2 cents in now and then on the discussion but that’s as far as I go. Sad that it has to be this way.
  • The__Viking_Batman
    The__Viking_Batman Posts: 43 Member
    Believe it or not... I've had it, usually from older women, often married who want to have fun and want to know if I have other apps.

I don't have to many male friends because the amount of snakes I see on my friends walls and post make me cringe. But the fellas I do have are good men, I like them.

No room for creeps on list of MyFitnessCHAMPS
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    It also happens on the other side.

I get friend requests from women. I reply to each, thanking them for their request but that I’m a 64 year old man who had been married for 41 years and believes it’s not appropriate to have female social media friends. Then, I wish them well in their fitness, health and wellness journey.

Being gentle never goes out of style, even when a creep is trying to invade your space.
  • mnd_lgh
    mnd_lgh Posts: 8 Member
    That’s always gonna happen anywhere you can see people’s faces and personal info unfortunately. To men and women alike. Don’t let it get in the way of your personal goals though... just block the people who are inappropriate or make you feel uncomfortable.