Anyone Counting Macros?

ThinCrisp
ThinCrisp Posts: 1 Member
I just started, and I am trying to learn what to eat.......... Any suggestions would be great!

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Less of what you enjoy - unless what you enjoy leads to control issues.
    Less in general of course than the level that got you into trouble.
    Getting more nutritious stuff is always useful to healthy body in general, but the 80/20 principle applies here too.

80% of diet good for you, and good enough to eat obviously to sustain it - 20% what you enjoy even if not nutritious.

And having a diet that is not as low as you can go allows that ability to accomplish that.

As to what to eat - depends if you have limitations or allergies or such.
    But most people can figure out that a Big Mac would not be in the 80% category for nutritious.

The problem with making wholesale changes though is the likelihood of falling off the wagon because you can't sustain that style.
  • Momzombie01
    Momzombie01 Posts: 2 Member
    I count macros (and log foods by gram, not by percentages) for Fat, Carbs, and Protein. I have found the site eatthismuch.com helpful. You need to create a free account, and then you can access their Food and Recipe Browser (screenshot attached). There, you can sort foods by meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, etc.) AND by macro—just click any one of the table header items in blue. It also helps to plan meals at least a day in advance; that way, you won't find yourself needing to make up missing macros at dinner—there have been many times when I didn't plan ahead and had a large protein deficit at the end of the day, and there's only so much protein you can stand at one meal (LOL). Feel free to ask specific questions. rpruybt3j80q.jpg
  • vsthecharming1
    vsthecharming1 Posts: 6 Member
    I just started to count Macros too. I finally got it down, based on your activity level info, it will calculate your macro info ℹ.