Breakfast

Other than eggs what's your go to breakfast?

Replies

• JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Lately, breakfast has been oatmeal with dried cherries and almonds.
  • andykaag
    andykaag Posts: 18 Member
    I struggle with breakfast. I am trying to have eggs twice a week, goat cheese or sheep feta with whole wheat bread, and fruits for the other days. Not easy at all
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    I made (from scratch) blueberry muffins and I take one of those to work every day with a hard-boiled egg! My weekends consist of a more substantial egg dish that I take time to make. But during the week I need grab and go!
  • vggb
    vggb Posts: 132 Member
    I rotate the same stuff, non-fat vanilla greek yogurt with chia seeds or two poached eggs and a banana, or an avocado or oatmeal. I try to have a protein with a fruit and am not a fussy eater, especially at breakfast, just get something down and be done.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    This morning I had sliced ham, warmed slightly in a non stick pan, on two slices of Country Hearth light multi grain bread toasted, with dill mustard spread on the toast. Kind of un-breakfasty for me, but good.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Plain greek yogurt mixed with protein powder and frozen berries.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,145 Member
    I didn't really feel like breakfast food when I did my meal prep this week, so breakfast for me is london broil and carrot harissa soup.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Chai latte and greek yogurt
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Protein enriched cereal most days
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    streel cut oats and raspberries
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    For me it depends. Morning work out then it is a baked potatoe and steak pre work out. If it is afternoon work out or an off day it is just ground turkey or steak
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Oatmeal with shredded diced zucchini (zoats) melted cheddar, salt, and pepper.
    I also like honey wheat toast with natural peanut butter (just because I like the taste better not because it's "better for you") with a sliced up banana sprinkled with chocolate chips.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Toast with pb&j
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Coffee
  • Tiamarie619
    Tiamarie619 Posts: 9 Member
    Lately for me it's been Greek yogurt mixed into oatmeal
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    porridge with a poached egg
  • Jelliqal
    Jelliqal Posts: 17 Member
    If it is cold - I have been alternating oatmeal with dried fruit & so yummy fresh blackberries
    or a grits bowl with eggs and egg whites using nutritional yeast & tumeric instead of cheese

if not so cold - either a bagel with egg and egg whites with tofutti cream cheese spread & sprouts
    or just making a grab and go chicken sandwich with brocolli sprouts piled on

Breakfast does not have to be breakfast food - just needs to be food
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Poptarts and milk.
  • greeneyes324
    greeneyes324 Posts: 2 Member
    fi0531pqje3h.jpeg
    Avocado toast with egg
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I want to try to start doing some sort of breakfast meal prep again. I'm thinking of trying overnight oats and egg fritatas. I'll probably start making sandwiches and burritos again. I make ahead and freeze breakfast sandwiches with whole grain english muffins, turkey bacon, and egg, and breakfast burritos with eggs, ground turkey, cheddar cheese and hot sauce.

My grab-and-go breakfast is usually Belvita. They have around 200 calories, a decent amount of fiber and some protein. They're affordable and easy to find, so they're convenient for me.