March 6 Sign In

124»

Replies

• tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 757 Member
    3/6
    1 Pass day

Exercise? Yes, 15 minutes on the elliptic the later 15 minutes outside.
    Why?? Why did I think it was a nice day to walk outside?? Kudos to those of you who do this regularly.
    Calories? Yes. About 70 under without exercise 200 over with exercise. Either way, I was happy with 5 week projection.
    Track everything? Yeppers ;)

When I woke up this morning I realized I didn't remember including my chips with the guac last night. Added them in AND STILL within my calories and did not have to take a pass day.

Awesome @AbandondedKSCharger !! And still under. Love 💕 guac 🥑
  • tuffgirl19
    March 6
    Pass Day 2
    Breakfast went well as planned.
    Prepped lunch went well although it took discipline not to eat our.
    Went to do my hill climbs- thought I’d left umbrella at PT, so decided to take a 30 min walk to bring my exercise up to my daily 60 min goal. Didn’t feel so hot, so for the first time I can remember I didn’t hit 60
    Min exercise. Did hit 31 min + 6,760 steps however.
    Tracked everything.
    Got a latte and low fat scone. Wasn’t feeling well. Felt I needed a “meal.”
    Went to Mexican & did okay with choices, but then saw they had desserts I’d never noticed. Got one. Ate it all. It’s now 12:44 am & I feel queasy & have had some heartburn (both of which I never have.)
    Calories over by 350.

I’m a little scared- ok, maybe more than a little.. I haven’t had any behavior like the past 2 days in over a year. The net calorie overage is 525. But worries me more is the slightly out of control feeling.

I love my new life, my energy, my fitness. I love how clothes look (refraining from adding “except my X”...)

The good news: I’m Making art & creating like crazy. I’m Happy. I’m beginning my creative writing projects again❣️ And I taught myself how to apply gold leaf today!

So, 25 days to go with one pass Day left. Not a good situation. If I can make the Winner’s Circle this month, I will have done so for a year.

Get off sugar & No restaurant eating.
    Remember, those are your “Just one drink” analogies. You’ve faced this a number of times since June/July. Maybe it is time to really stop. Do you want this fear? This stress? This queasy/heartburny-y less-than-optimal result?

This might not be a “moderation” situation for you - even if others can handle it. Think about it. You don’t drink. Never miss it. But others can’t. But you can hear a sweet calling you from across the room, and others don’t even notice them.

Choose Health.

(Sorry for the book...and for talking to myself. I need to turn this around NOW.)

@MadisonMolly2017 congrats on your leaning to apply gold leaf, getting your art in and creative writing! So important to do things for you that are really enjoyable.😊 You know where you were over, and where to focus!👊🏻😎
  • tuffgirl19
    katp13 wrote: »
    Date: March 6
    Exercised?: Yes - 45 minute Leslie Sansone YouTube workout.
    Calories?: Yes - under target.
    Tracked?: Yes - all tracked.

Had a really rough day dealing with difficult in-laws which almost led me to an emotional eating binge. I was so close to blowing it! But I'm proud of myself for not going down that path. These past few months of healthy living may have finally stuck! I kept to my pre-logged meals and finished the day by putting extra effort in to my workout tonight to get rid of my frustrations. Feeling much better now :sweat_smile:

@katp13, great job not going off track! I totally feel you with being frustrated, homework with my 6th grader last night made me want to scream 😱 Calgon! I jogged and felt better. So nice exercise can do that for us! Yay for us staying strong!😊
    I have managed to injure my knee again so there will be no workouts for me for at least a week or two. :/ While I sat here today working on a ton of little projects and feeling a bit overwhelmed I've decided to drop some of my online commitments. I am a group joiner and have decided that for now I will drop a few to free me up some time. So, for right now I'm going to leave UAC. I wish you all the very best and when life calms down I may return and join you. :)

Take care of you @TeresaW1020! Sorry about your knee injury, do what you’re able to do and not feel overwhelmed 🤗🌸

• tuffgirl19
    3/6
    Exercise? virtual runs today in Budapest and Madrid for a total of 45 minutes.
    Calories? within allowance
    Tracked? yes

Awesome @w8goal4life! How do you do virtual runs? Sounds nice😊
  • bisonpitcher
    bisonpitcher Posts: 519 Member
    3/6

Exercise: Yes. 1 hour of yard work, plus 1 hour upper body lift.

Calories: Yes.

Tracked: Yes

Pass Days: 1
  • tuffgirl19
    @strongscarlet
    March 6, 2019

I’m feeling poorly an my dr sent me over to ED pain/nausea. Entering this from packed waiting room.
    😠

Exercised: No
    Calories: just 599/1320 kcals.
    Too nauseated to eat. 🤢
    Tracked: Yes

Hope you feel better @strongscarlet! Hope you didn’t have to wait too long and they got you all fixed up! 🤗
    molly3210 wrote: »
    Yes x 3 for Wednesday
    Significantly under calories today, which is super rare. did two workouts...my boot camp and a swim at lunch. I'm already in pain but it's feeling great to move my body again.

Awesome workouts @molly3210! It’s nice to have a good sore! Inspiring 2 workouts😊👊🏻
  • tuffgirl19
    astroamy wrote: »
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 15k steps, today is my easy day.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

@astroamy, awesome 15K!!!🔥💥🥳

• AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017 I wonder if you are unintentionally self-sabotaging yourself with the fact that you are approaching what would be such an awarding goal. My guess is, not knowing you, or being any kind of an expert at anything, but that there's a small part of you telling yourself you can't do it. Without knowing it. If so, fight hard to stop like you say in your message. I am challenged with alcohol and sweets. I know the calling of my name. I am also struggling with the challenge. You have been such a great inspiration and I know you have it in you to finish the month in the winners circle!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    tuffgirl19 wrote: »

Would be great if I had a treadmill, elliptical or some sort of exercise equipment, which I do not. I simply exercise/jog in place, etc. for the duration of the virtual runs. I've done enough of the Leslie Sansone workouts that I often simulate those exercises with the YouTube virtual run videos which is better scenery than just following an exercise video. Fulfills my UAC activity and keeps me entertained at the same time.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,875 Member

Would be great if I had a treadmill, elliptical or some sort of exercise equipment, which I do not. I simply exercise/jog in place, etc. for the duration of the virtual runs. I've done enough of the Leslie Sansone workouts that I often simulate those exercises with the YouTube virtual run videos which is better scenery than just following an exercise video. Fulfills my UAC activity and keeps me entertained at the same time.

I found mine on a Facebook yard sale for $350(do very thorough research on the brand and make sure you test it first)! But its the best thing I ever purchased and the best thing I ever did to actually use it was put sneakers on in the morning right when I get up. And whenever I find a minute to watch a tv show or get bored, I get on it) I never could say that before but when you find your niche, you're in!! (mine is 5 mins here, 5 mins there, 15 mins here and there)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    March 6
    Pass Day 2
    @MadisonMolly2017 congrats on your leaning to apply gold leaf, getting your art in and creative writing! So important to do things for you that are really enjoyable.😊 You know where you were over, and where to focus!👊🏻😎

@tuffgirl19
    Thank you so much for this.
    Very helpful at this time.
    I’m going to rise from the ashes. I can feel that I hit “that point.”

Today, I played with an image I painted in Photoshop, cropped it, printed it & then added colored pencil. Too fun!

Also copied some drawings by Leonardo of the human head into thin paper to collage onto another piece. Looks very cool :)

I agree with you. Having things we love to do is invaluable. Thanks again❣️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    @MadisonMolly2017 I wonder if you are unintentionally self-sabotaging yourself with the fact that you are approaching what would be such an awarding goal. My guess is, not knowing you, or being any kind of an expert at anything, but that there's a small part of you telling yourself you can't do it. Without knowing it. If so, fight hard to stop like you say in your message. I am challenged with alcohol and sweets. I know the calling of my name. I am also struggling with the challenge. You have been such a great inspiration and I know you have it in you to finish the month in the winners circle!

@AbandondedKSCharger
    I have wondered this myself...

I think I’m petrified of “being in maintenance” because I’ve never successfully maintained before ...

But as a friend reminded me today, I also have never changed my habits for over 3 years before. I’m a different person now.

I’ve also told myself I don’t have to declare maintenance. I’ve been asking thin friends how much their weight fluctuates over 12 months. Most are saying 5-10 lbs. so maybe my concept of maintenance is incorrect- sounds as though it will be mild ups & downs (if I’m lucky) But 5-10 lb swings scare me because I lose so slowly...
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017 If you haven't found this on your own and already read it .... I suggest you read https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10008273/maintainers-how-do-you-keep-your-head-in-the-game/p1 from start to finish.

You will discover a very wide spectrum on how different maintainers have found ways to keep their own head in their personal version of the game.

The big thing is that "maintenance" is a zone. Weight will never be static. You decide the width of the zone (maybe ~4-5 instead of your friends' 5-10), and what your "approaching top / approaching bottom" is .... a weight tracking app can alert you before you get right to "your upper limit".

And take a month or 6 weeks to GRADUALLY (manually) up the MFP calorie daily diary setting with out making changes in your normal exercise routine until you find where the ci / co balance point is for you.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    I will need to start putting this into practice myself next month ... I feel the "unintentionally self-sabotaging" threads of personal "fear of success" starting to loom too .... we can work through it and out the other side together!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    I will need to start putting this into practice myself next month ... I feel the "unintentionally self-sabotaging" threads of personal "fear of success" starting to loom too .... we can work through it and out the other side together!

@BMcC9
    Thank you for that link. I have read it, but will read again.

MFP has been wonderful for me, but two things have not served me well:

I ate more nutritiously prior to reading the chat rooms (with what I perceive to be predominantly “eat what you want as long as under calories” approach.) it began to make me have a “Why can’t I have X too?” Forgetting my goal is HEALTH :)

The second was “Maintaining is so much harder than losing weight” messaging. I have to remember I’ve spent a ton of time over 3 years modifying habits big & small & purposely losing slowly...with my primary goals being Health & Maintenance.

I know, for me, success is about habits. Developed & practiced. Modified as necessary to insure our success.

Just as I slid into eating out & more sweets these past 2-3 weeks, I can slide back to my delicious prior way of eating. Turning the ship around won’t be easy, but keeping it on the new path will be easy once I get there.

Thank you so much.

• jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Date: March 6th
    Exercised?: yes – Leslie Sansone’s – Burn Body Fat1 Mile and walk to bus stop for grandson
    Calories?: yes
    Tracked?: yes