Daily weigh-ins? Yes! What are your thoughts?

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    82EC wrote: »
    I weigh myself daily and find it is very helpful to stay on track and to stay motivated as I see the weight coming off.

Agree! 👍
  • steelergirl314
    steelergirl314 Posts: 17 Member
    Historically, I only weighed myself once per week, but I am trying daily weigh-ins this go-around. I think the daily weigh-ins will help me see the natural fluctuations better so I can trend overall.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Lol.

Yes, it definitely keeps me on track.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    I used to only weigh in once a week, for fear of getting obsessed. Then I joined the "just give me 10 days" challenge, and I found that seeing the fluctuations actually helped me. I now weigh in every day
  • bobbyorr99
    bobbyorr99 Posts: 9 Member
    I prefer to weigh myself once a week as my goal is to lose my weight gradually so I don't expect major changes each day. There is no right or wrong here. Whatever makes you happy.
  • IWillTakeBackMyLife
    IWillTakeBackMyLife Posts: 155 Member
    I love weighing myself daily. It makes me rethink my choices knowing that I have to face the scale every morning. It helps keep me from late night eating and makes me go to bed at a good time. I don't expect the scale to move down every morning, although I make sure to put it in my actions that if it does, I earned it. Seeing the weight fluctuate in an upward direction or maintain doesn't deter me, I still get everything done. However, seeing the weight go down REALLY motivates me and makes me feel happy in the morning. Perfect start to the day. Either way, it all gets done, but I love the feeling of seeing the number go down every day in line with my efforts. Also, I would like to know sooner rather than later if I should be doing more or changing things up based on the scale.
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    bobbyorr99 wrote: »
    I prefer to weigh myself once a week as my goal is to lose my weight gradually so I don't expect major changes each day. There is no right or wrong here. Whatever makes you happy.

I agree. Now! I didn't used too....My pants are falling off..I need new pants.😥
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Ok Im reevaluating this....These daily weigh ins man. I dont think i can take it🙉lol As of this morning , I think I like the weekly weigh ins. I prefer seeing sweeping losses.Even if they are merely 3 pounds at a time. I can handle THAT......WED- 187.1, Thurs- 185.8 Today, Friday 184.5.... aw reckon , aw say ah reckon im gonna pull my hairs out...lol.....I shall acquiesce from this point forward and do the weekly thing..... i wish you guys success in your weight loss endeavors..🐈
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    I have been doing daily weigh-ins for years.

Up, down, up, down, down, up-up-down, down-up-down-down, up-up-up- WTF? :p etc.

You get used to it.
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Not big on the home scale due to it's lack of information but that is the numbers nerd in me. A Fit3D once a month and a quarterly Dexascan gives me what I need. Tight clothing that starts fitting helps as well.
  • rdthoms
    rdthoms Posts: 61 Member
    Happy Scale is neat. Also checkout myshape.fitness (google it) for logging weight - it will build and track a 3D avatar of your body and let you set (and see) a body shape goal.
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    rdthoms wrote: »
    Happy Scale is neat. Also checkout myshape.fitness (google it) for logging weight - it will build and track a 3D avatar of your body and let you set (and see) a body shape goal.

@debrakgoogins - and - @rdthoms
    I downloaded Happy Scale. Neat graphics. Too lazy to build my own on Excel...so I will use this app.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    I weigh daily but only officially log my losses as I found logging gains made me self sabotage
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Completely useless.
  • OkieFitness
    OkieFitness Posts: 43 Member
    I’ve done both on my Google sheet where I track my progress - or lack thereof. Now I don’t necessarily do daily. Instead the sheet now tells me the day span between weigh ins - and subsequently calculates loss per day based on that span. That compacts the sheet a bit so it’s easier to view overall progress and essentially gives me the same feedback as daily weigh ins do. I also considered only recording when I have a loss to focus on the positive, but since I also try to now keep some side notes regarding my diet and exercise related to the day and that weigh in? I think it’s smart to get the whole picture, loss or gain, so I can track patterns and trends, what is working and what doesn’t.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    I agree, I rather weigh daily and really understand my fluctuations. The free app Happy Scale is awesome!
  • WynterDreaming
    WynterDreaming Posts: 83 Member
    Personally, I like the additional information you can gain from daily weighing so long as you don't focus on the minutiae of it all. With as much weight as I have to lose at the moment, I'm sticking to weighing in weekly. As I get closer to my goal however, and the pounds become more stubborn, I will likely go back to daily just so I can get the benefit of the information that comes with tracking trends that way.

• ericadcruz32
    ericadcruz32 Posts: 48 Member
    I say to each their own. Sometimes I weigh daily, and more often then not these days I will because I'm trying to see what foods are causing water retention. Now that I have a daily log of food I can easily look back and see what is causing it. I don't just get bloating, I get extreme bloating. This is important for me to learn what's causing it. Could very well be a food allergy to a particular food.
  • ericadcruz32
    ericadcruz32 Posts: 48 Member
    I agree, I rather weigh daily and really understand my fluctuations. The free app Happy Scale is awesome!

What is Happy Scale? Do we stand on the phone?! haha - I can't break another phone.

Oh, and I'm joking about that but was actually curious about the app.