2019 - 365 mile challenge

Replies

• pcgunter
    pcgunter Posts: 63 Member
    Day 57. Interval training with no walking. 2.15 miles, 46.06 miles total.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Great progress, looks like you are right on schedule! I had to take 3 weeks off due to a medical procedure so I’m a little bit behind my regular schedule but I’ve started running again and to date I’m up to 71 miles. I’ll make up some of the missed mileage in the summer 😁
  • IWillTakeBackMyLife
    IWillTakeBackMyLife Posts: 155 Member
    Holy moly this will be tough for someone my size starting this late. However, I'm up for the challenge. My usual walk I do is 2 miles and I've done it 5 times so far since I've started walking, so I'm sitting at 10 miles to start. Looking forward to walking longer distances once my feet can handle it better.
  • RunsWithBees
    Holy moly this will be tough for someone my size starting this late. However, I'm up for the challenge. My usual walk I do is 2 miles and I've done it 5 times so far since I've started walking, so I'm sitting at 10 miles to start. Looking forward to walking longer distances once my feet can handle it better.

Every mile counts and they add up quickly, you can do it! 🙂 six years ago when I started my journey I was obese and sedentary, I could not walk around the block or a single flight of stairs without being exhausted and completely out of breath. I started walking and slowly increased the distance. After I could walk enough, I continued challenging myself by hiking, then running. You really can do it! Consistency is key, so just keep at it and don’t give up 🙂
  • IWillTakeBackMyLife
    IWillTakeBackMyLife Posts: 155 Member
    Adding on to the 10 beginning miles, I did 2 more last night night and 3.5 today. That makes 15.5 miles out of 365. Woahhhh buddy! Such a long, long way to go.

Every mile counts and they add up quickly, you can do it! 🙂 six years ago when I started my journey I was obese and sedentary, I could not walk around the block or a single flight of stairs without being exhausted and completely out of breath. I started walking and slowly increased the distance. After I could walk enough, I continued challenging myself by hiking, then running. You really can do it! Consistency is key, so just keep at it and don’t give up 🙂

Great job on your journey. The challenge is quite fun. I seem to be able to walk long distances without running out of energy despite my bigger size, but what holds me back from going too far is the blisters and subsequent foot pain. So I have to be really careful I don't make it worse and worse... so for now I should probably tone my walking down until they have time to heal, and even then, I should take it easy until I build up strength and lose more weight so it's not so injury prone. I love walking though, so it's hard to hold back from challenging myself.

I wish I could go hiking that sounds so fun. Running too is one of my big inspirations for losing weight. When summer comes swimming will be good too.

• RunsWithBees
    Adding on to the 10 beginning miles, I did 2 more last night night and 3.5 today. That makes 15.5 miles out of 365. Woahhhh buddy! Such a long, long way to go.

Great job on your journey. The challenge is quite fun. I seem to be able to walk long distances without running out of energy despite my bigger size, but what holds me back from going too far is the blisters and subsequent foot pain. So I have to be really careful I don't make it worse and worse... so for now I should probably tone my walking down until they have time to heal, and even then, I should take it easy until I build up strength and lose more weight so it's not so injury prone. I love walking though, so it's hard to hold back from challenging myself.

I wish I could go hiking that sounds so fun. Running too is one of my big inspirations for losing weight. When summer comes swimming will be good too.

Sounds like you have great plans! Keep up the good work! 😁👍
  • pcgunter
    pcgunter Posts: 63 Member
    2 more miles. Up to 48.06 for the year. Started back up on Keto for lent. Started at 205 lbs. My highest weight ever. Need to lose a minimum of 30 lbs. Weight training in the process so I know the weight gain will be slower than previous times.
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Is it too late to get in? How many people stepped up?
  • RunsWithBees
    Up to 88 miles now and hoping to add 3 or 5 more on my run after work tonight!
  • smithsusan961
    smithsusan961 Posts: 64 Member
    great idea.
  • RunsWithBees
    88+3=91 miles so far this year :)
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    I’d like to join in! I have 73.17 miles so far for the year so I’m just a little behind, since I think today is day 75. We’re coming into spring though so I’m hoping to have more chances to run now! I have my first 5K mid-April so I really need to be on top of this!

Current mileage:
    3/16 - 73.17 miles
  • RunsWithBees
    Up to 103 miles today :)
  • RunsWithBees
    113 miles so far.
  • LadySaton
    Day 86(?) - 84.39 miles
  • LadySaton
    Day 94 - 91.51 miles
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    I'm not running, but I set a goal on 3/1 of walking 500 miles before our trip to France in September. 77 miles complete since 3/1, about 8 miles behind the daily rate needed to hit the goal, but I'll make that up in the next 10 days.

Keep up the great work!
  • LadySaton
    Day 95 - 95.52
    Finally caught my miles up to the day. 😁
    JohnBarth wrote: »
    I'm not running, but I set a goal on 3/1 of walking 500 miles before our trip to France in September. 77 miles complete since 3/1, about 8 miles behind the daily rate needed to hit the goal, but I'll make that up in the next 10 days.

Keep up the great work!

Walking is great exercise, too! Easier on the knees as well. 👍🏻 Good luck with your goal, sounds like something to look forward to for sure!
  • LadySaton
    Day 107 - 109.4 miles

Finally got my miles pulling ahead of the day. I’m thinking if starting a half marathon training plan next month. If I do, my mileage will easily make 365 for the year. Just not sure I want to dedicate that much time to running. 🤔
  • LadySaton
    Day 111 - 121.24 miles

I decided to aim for a 7 mile run today to test if I’m prepared to start half marathon training and went to 8 miles, so looks like I’ll be pushing to hit that 13 mile mark now. 😁