Who wants to slim down for the summer with me? let's motivate each other

Replies

• kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    My summer is more than 8 weeks away! I'm aiming for July, probably mid..... realistically I'd be delighted with 170 by 31 July when I break for a month from work
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    I'm in, down 29 lbs so far, looking for another 20.
  • cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    224.6 today

175- eventually
  • alblount12
    alblount12 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m in! Put me down for 15 pounds by Summer!
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    I'm in
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 215 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm in. so fed up bouncing up and down :(

I want to drop 1 stone by end April and another stone by summer.
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Monday 3/11
    Current weight: 157.8
    Goal weight: 137
    (hoping to be down by 3 lbs next Monday, and don't care if it's all water weight, I need the motivation!)
  • helene4
    helene4 Posts: 120 Member
    I’m in

Want to get down 10-15lbs by summer!
  • Hilogirl2018
    (cross-posted from another challenge I'm participating in)
    Hey, all! I've been reading the "petty" thread in a different forum and it's so awesome- thought it might be fun to ask the same question here in this little group: We all have health-driven motivations for losing, but what's your "petty" reason for sticking with this?

Some of mine:
    - I want to look as good/better than the other middle-aged moms when we go to the pool on vacation
    - I want to fit into my size 4s again (been a while)
    - I miss being called tiny (again, been a while!)
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Me!! Still working on my 2018 summer body but with an extra 10 pounds now!
  • Angie_AK
    Angie_AK Posts: 17 Member
    Love all your posts. Let's keep each other posted on our progress, and let's share anything that you've done that you're proud of. I today, for example, did HIIT at the gym as well as upped my squat weight to 205 lbs! I can feel 225 lbs coming soon.
  • Hilogirl2018
    Angie_AK wrote: »
    Love all your posts. Let's keep each other posted on our progress, and let's share anything that you've done that you're proud of. I today, for example, did HIIT at the gym as well as upped my squat weight to 205 lbs! I can feel 225 lbs coming soon.

Angie, you are so strong! I'm in awe. My win for the day is listening to my body: I'd logged a full serving of my favorite dark chocolate as dessert, but stopped at half a serving because I'd had enough.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Really made an effort to track calories yesterday, and hit my goal. So now, what, only 68 more days to go? :)
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    I had my first proper on plan, clean day yesterday for about 10 days and loved the scales this morning.... now to keep it up here, too!
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    I suck during the winter! I am in!
  • MichaelK1007
    MichaelK1007 Posts: 136 Member
    Angie_AK wrote: »
    I am frankly getting tired of this vicious cycle of weight loss in the summer/weight gain in the winter every damn year, but alas I failed to maintain my weight yet again this winter. Planning to lose about 20 lbs by summer. This time I want to keep it off. Who's down?

I’m in as well. I use my Apple Watch to stay motivated as I always look to meet my move and exercise goal. If anyone is looking for motivation and has an Apple Watch we can challenge each other. Its helpful for me because there are plenty of days when I don’t feel like doing that cardio. As of right now I am eating at a deficit while strength training 4x week and doing double cardio session. One in the morning and the other later in the day to boost metabolism. DM if you want to set up an Apple Watch challenge.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Down to 195.8, starting weight 226 10/18/18
  • alexis1616
    alexis1616 Posts: 115 Member
    I’m in! Need to drop about 20 more by the end of June!