Hate Breakfast.. any idea

jessmackeigan
jessmackeigan Posts: 1 Member
I can’t stand breakfast, but I would be open to some ideas πŸ‘ŒπŸ» gotta happen
Β«1

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,590 Member
    If you don't like typical breakfast foods, you might consider Asian breakfast.
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/michelleno/best-asian-breakfasts
  • iheartshunsuke
    iheartshunsuke Posts: 17 Member
    If you don't like it, why would you eat it? Just skip it.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited March 2019
    There is no reason you need to push yourself to eat breakfast, unless you find yourself getting hungry or weak later and have no time to eat then. Even in that case, a protein bar, for example could tide you over.
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Forget the whole "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" crap. It's true that filling up the proverbial gas tank before a long trip is useful but it isn't absolutely necessary as long as you fill up at some point.

That is more likely a better explanation for breakfast. Some people must have it and others do just fine without it.

Myself for example. I get up quite early, around 4:00 AM and don't eat something until around 9:00 AM. I typically don't feel hungry until later in the morning and that's on top of going to the local swimming pool and "water walking" for upwards of 2 hours 5 days a week.

My wife is the same. She's usually up around 6:00 AM and doesn't actually eat until after 9:00 AM or later.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Same! 2 cups of coffee and I’m good until lunch
  • amelisegb
    amelisegb Posts: 58 Member
    I hate it too! But if I skip it outright I always get hungry before lunch. I like to "drink" my breakfast by having Kefir (like yogurt) so that it's super quick and easy, and doesn't feel like food lol. If I skip that, I'll usually bring an apple or something to have as a mid-morning snack.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    What don't you like about breakfast? Is it the typical foods or eating at that time of day? If it is the foods, then eat something else like you would have for lunch or dinner. Eat whatever you want. If it is the time of day, then don't eat until later like others have said.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    puffbrat wrote: Β»
    What don't you like about breakfast? Is it the typical foods or eating at that time of day? If it is the foods, then eat something else like you would have for lunch or dinner. Eat whatever you want. If it is the time of day, then don't eat until later like others have said.

^^ This.

OP, if you'd like to eat something in the morning, do it. Just because we label the morning hours of the day we eat "breakfast" does not dictate what the food is.
  • Flyingfingers51
    Flyingfingers51 Posts: 24 Member
    If you are not a breakfast person, save your calories for later in the day. I hate eating early in the morning. A cup of coffee and I am good to go till noon. Don't fall victim to the "shoulds".... of weight loss. The same thing doesn't work for everyone. We are all wired differently, and what might be "right" for one person may not be "right" for you. Good luck on your journey!!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Breakfast literally means breaking your fast...whatever your first meal of the day is is technically breakfast...that being said I don’t eat traditional breakfast foods - I may have chicken and vegetables; or barley (on my higher carb days)
  • mybookkeeperdonna
    mybookkeeperdonna Posts: 3 Member
    Once a week I sit down for an hour and make 5-7 mason jars of salad

I use head lettuce - spinach - kale- bok choy - raddish- celery- carrots etc

and SOME TYPE OF BEAN Chic peas - five bean - kidney beans etc

I us and olive oil and apple cider home made vinegar

In order to keep everything crunchy put your sald dressing in the mason jar first - then add the ingredients you want in - make sure the salad stays on the top

When you are ready shake the jar so the dressing is mixed and voila

a tasty salad that is crispy and fast.

Usually I eat it for breakfast adding an egg - back bacon or some other type of protein Normally I am full till dinner

• AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Great ideas!!!!
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Just skip breakfast. I have coffee and some creamer for breakfast so that I can have more calories for lunch and dinner. It helps keep me on track.
  • DanOutdoors
    DanOutdoors Posts: 17 Member
    I'm in the same boat, the thought of eating after waking up actually turns my stomach. I normally eat at around 11am but some days I may have a protein bar earlier