Week 2: 132.2
    Week 3: 132.2
    Week 4: 131.6
    Week 5: 131.0
    Week 6: 130.8
    Week 7: 133.6
    Week 8: 131.0
    Week 9: 131.8

A positive thought for the week: My dog did good when I left her alone to see a musical! I'm so proud! I eventually want her to be able to stay home alone with just a dog walker during the day so I can stop paying for daycare. It's too expensive!
    Healthy snack or meal: oatmeal with blackberries, almond/cashew milk, butter, and wheat germ. Just bought walnuts yesterday and I'll have them in my oats tomorrow!
    Best workout this week:
    Sleep, lol. But also dog walk.

Comments: the time change has thrown me off quite a bit and I've stayed up too late the whole weekend, like til 3 or 5 in the morning. Just woke up from a nap (I slept from 6:30 to 10:30 just now!), cooked my steel-cut oatmeal for the next few days (takes 30 min, too long for the morning), got started on my taxes (almost finished, but trying to figure out some HSA stuff from my insurance... because I never filed some claims on account of not knowing my coverage had been approved for November! Lol you would think it would be very clear and straightforward, right? No. Maybe this is just the clueless millennial part of my life.), and now I'm going to try to go back to sleep.

I think my new goal will be to lose 10 pounds by October (for my college homecoming. Haven't been to one yet). Me at 121.8 pounds is very hard to imagine. I need to keep up with slow loss. I wish there was a 1 pound/month setting for calories.

Hope you all had a great week!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    arameni wrote: »
    Goal: 128

Week 1: 132.2

A positive thought for the week: My dog did good when I left her alone to see a musical! I'm so proud! I eventually want her to be able to stay home alone with just a dog walker during the day so I can stop paying for daycare. It's too expensive!
    Healthy snack or meal: oatmeal with blackberries, almond/cashew milk, butter, and wheat germ. Just bought walnuts yesterday and I'll have them in my oats tomorrow!
    Best workout this week:

Comments: the time change has thrown me off quite a bit and I've stayed up too late the whole weekend, like til 3 or 5 in the morning. Just woke up from a nap (I slept from 6:30 to 10:30 just now!), cooked my steel-cut oatmeal for the next few days (takes 30 min, too long for the morning), got started on my taxes (almost finished, but trying to figure out some HSA stuff from my insurance... because I never filed some claims on account of not knowing my coverage had been approved for November! Lol you would think it would be very clear and straightforward, right? No. Maybe this is just the clueless millennial part of my life.), and now I'm going to try to go back to sleep.

I think my new goal will be to lose 10 pounds by October (for my college homecoming. Haven't been to one yet). Me at 121.8 pounds is very hard to imagine. I need to keep up with slow loss. I wish there was a 1 pound/month setting for calories.

If you think dog daycare is expensive let me tell you about daycare expenses for tiny humans. Whoa! Now that’s a budget killer for reals!

Great job on keeping your weight at bay! How tall are you? I may have already asked. I’m 5’5” and if I could ever maintain at 130 I’d be pleasantly pleased.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Start Weight:200.8 (January 2018)
    Challenge Start Weight:196.0
    Challenge Goal Weight:186.0

Week 1: 194.2
    Week 2: 193.0
    Week 3: 192.0
    Week 4: 191.8
    Week 5: 191.2
    Week 6: 192.0
    Week 7: 190.4
    Week 8: 194.8
    Week 9: 191.8

I gave up sweets for Lent, I was getting a little crazy about them, so it is a good sacrifice to make right now. I think last week was all about the PMS. All gone now. We are trying to eat at home all the time (we eat out A LOT). I believe this will make it easier to stay in calories. I could still make this goal!
  • arameni
    arameni Posts: 105 Member

Best workout this week:

If you think dog daycare is expensive let me tell you about daycare expenses for tiny humans. Whoa! Now that’s a budget killer for reals!

Great job on keeping your weight at bay! How tall are you? I may have already asked. I’m 5’5” and if I could ever maintain at 130 I’d be pleasantly pleased.

Lol, I believe that! And I'm not ready for it, maybe in 10 years or so. After I find someone to like enough to even think about a permanent relationship with.

Thanks! I guess I should be glad I'm not gaining much. I'm 5'3" and pretty much no muscle, so I look pretty flabby in my thighs, stomach, and arms even at this weight.
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 210 Member
    Start Weight: 260.0 (Dec. 2013)
    Challenge Start Weight: 238.4
    Challenge Goal: 226
    Week 1: 238.0
    Week 2: 238.0
    Week 3: 237.2
    Week 4: 237.6
    Week 5: 235.6
    Week 6: 235.6
    Week 7: 236.6
    Week 8: 237.6
    Week 9: 239.0

A positive thought: Cutting myself some slack in those trying times.
    A healthy snack/meal: Yoghurt with strawberries and slivered almonds.
    My most effective workout this week was: Body cycle.

Comment: I’ve been struggling with taking this weight off for the last 4.5 years that I have been studying online and working weekends. Self control only goes so far.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member

Best workout this week:

Lol, I believe that! And I'm not ready for it, maybe in 10 years or so. After I find someone to like enough to even think about a permanent relationship with.

Thanks! I guess I should be glad I'm not gaining much. I'm 5'3" and pretty much no muscle, so I look pretty flabby in my thighs, stomach, and arms even at this weight.

Up the weights!!!
  • taylorgardnerr
    taylorgardnerr Posts: 28 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 129.4
    Challenge Goal: 115-120

Week 1: 127.4
    Week 2: 126.8
    Week 3: 126.2
    Week 4: 125.6
    Week 5: 125.0
    Week 6: 123.8
    Week 7: 123.8
    Week 8: 124.4
    Week 9: 124.4
    A positive thought for the week: I’ve been holding on to some bloat these past couple weeks and trying my best to stick it out even though it’s frustrating
    Healthy snack/meal: Rice crisps/ cakes
    Best workout: Trail walks
  • poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 134
    Challenge Goal: 130 and 5k

Week 1: 134
    Week 2: 133 and 4.0km (30 mins)
    Week 3: 134 and 5.0km (37 mins 40 secs)
    Week 4: 134
    Week 5: 133
    Week 6: 133
    Week 7: 133
    Week 8: 132
    Week 9: 132

Positive thought: Very very slow progress is still progress
    Healthy snack/meal: Nothing different to usual, so nothing stands out as noteworthy!
    Best workout: Still struggling with this cough, brisk walking sets me off, so no workouts at all for weeks now (the doc says it’s not a chest infection).
This discussion has been closed.