Dessert Recipes

Options
Smaloni061384
Smaloni061384 Posts: 3 Member
I am searching for healthy options to satisfy my sweet tooth!

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,603 Member
    Options
    Some low fat desserts. Google

English summer pudding Sophie Grigson
    Creme caramel
    Chocolate sorbet
    Banana and mango ice cream Donna Hay

You can use a sugar substitute that can withstand heating in the custard body of the summer pudding, but not the caramel topping. You can't substitute sugar in the chocolate sorbet because the sugar is what chemically prevents the sorbet from freezing solid.
  • acpgee
    Options
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    By healthy, do you mean low-calorie? Low added sugar? More fruit and nuts? More or less of a certain macro?
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This was originally a side dish my husband made for dinner, but I eat it as a dessert sometimes as it is on the sweeter side.

Use a cheese grater to grate a bunch of sweet potato. Heat some coconut oil in a skillet until it is melted. Then add the sweet potato and cook it until it is tender, stirring occasionally. Then add cinnamon to taste (I add a lot as I really like cinnamon).
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I make cookies every week (for others...I don't eat them all myself!). I don't modify recipes in any way except to make smaller cookies. Using a 1 tbsp or 1.5 tbsp scoop, depending on the cookie, most cookies wind up about 100 calories each. If they're not chocolate, they usually end up in the 80 calorie range.

This week is double chocolate chip. The butter is browning as we speak.
  • beast_kitty89
    beast_kitty89 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Google avocado brownies! I'll be trying them because they look so good and are good for you!
  • acpgee
    Options
    Cambodian pumpkin custard is a pretty healthy dessert. Cut down on calories by skimming off some of the cream from your tin of coconut milk. You can also use stevia instead of sugar. After cleaning the seed cavity of small squash with a spoon, calculate how much custard you need by filling the cavity with water and measuring. I sweeten the coconut milk to taste, and then use 1 whole egg to each 100 ml of coconut milk. I cook on the lowest setting in the microwave in short increments to keep the custard around 70 degrees celsius. If it gets too hot the custard will curdle. Still tastes nice but not as pretty.

https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/pumpkin-custard-recipe
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I like to make peach or pineapple angel food cake. Just mix one large can of fruit with juice (either crushed pineapple or light sliced peaches) and a box of cake mix, then bake in a 13 x 9 glass pan at 350 for 30 mins. Top with Greek yogurt.
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    For lower calorie frosting, mix 3 Tbsp cream cheese with 6 oz Greek yogurt. Tastes great with spice cake or carrot cake