Woke up to a “normal” BMI today!

ethalew01
ethalew01 Posts: 13 Member
Started as almost obese and overweight. I was 208 lbs 63 days ago. This morning I stepped on the scale and it read 179 lbs. that puts me in a “normal” BMI. Not overweight. I feel so much better, I’m so glad to have started this journey. Thank you to MyFitnessPal pal for helping me lose almost 30 lbs!

Replies

• TerranandKaylynsmommy
    TerranandKaylynsmommy Posts: 321 Member
    That's fantastic. Congratulations :)
  • kattbigs
    kattbigs Posts: 28 Member
    Wow! What a wonderful way to start the day! 2 months of dedication, way to go!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    That is awesome!! Congrats! I'm very close to waking up to a normal BMI too!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Congratulations, that sure was quick. That’s a lot of weight loss in such little time.
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Congrats!
  • rdthoms
    rdthoms Posts: 61 Member
    Great job. Great progress. Try setting a goal body shape on myshape.fitness (google it) to see a 3D avatar and then track progress toward that. It also calcs BMI and estimates body fat % (another nice metric to set a goal to).
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    That's awesome! You did it!
  • PartyKardy
    PartyKardy Posts: 172 Member
    I remember when I crossed this line as well! I felt amazing because my weight was finally in a healthy range. As someone who was morbidly obese for my entire life this was a huge accomplishment for me!

Congrats! I hope you feel absolutely incredible after this achievement!
  • janineonthejob
    janineonthejob Posts: 1 Member
    Congrats! What an accomplishment is such a short period of time. You must feel so great. Any favorite tips you’d like to share?
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Congrats! I'm still about 17lbs away and I can't wait to get there! I started just skimming the line for the Obese level 2 category!!
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,078 Member
    CONGRATS!!! That's awesome :)
  • NCK96
    NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    Good for you! One of my big goals is to get to a normal BMI myself.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Well done!! I'm a normal BMI too, aiming for a BMi of 23.0.
  • nattysmommy2008
    nattysmommy2008 Posts: 26 Member
    Amazing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!