Soft diet only for 1 month

Kst76
Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
edited March 2019 in Recipes
I just had 2 dental implants put in. I have to be on a soft diet only for at least 4 weeks. The healing time is 3-4 months in total, but the first few weeks are very critical . So I have to eat a soft diet. Food that don't really require any chewing. Nothing with seeds, or small particles of food that can get underneath my implant and cause infection or shifting of the implants due to the pressure of chewing. All I can think about mashed potatoes, mac N Cheese, soups...What else is there. I had plain old soup for the last 2 days now. I actually had a couple of really soft crustless pieces of white bread yesterday. I think that was fine.

Replies

• aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    Applesauce
    Jello
    Pudding
    Smoothies
    ? Plain egg salad ?
    Cottage cheese
    Polenta
    Yogurt
    Tofu curry
  • Kst76
    Cottage cheese! Thank you.
    Yes Yogurt too , I eat that, as well as pudding and Applesauce.
    Not sure about that Tofu thing..lol

I will be so bored. Im going to miss my steak and chicken.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Spaghetti aglio olio.
    Spaghetti cacio pepe.
    Spaghetti bottarga.
    Porcini risotto.
    Congee.
    Mango in your yoghurt.
    Soupe au pistou.
    Lentils and baked beans.
  • eileenmcpartlin
    eileenmcpartlin Posts: 10 Member
    Och poor you! Hope they're not too painful. My best friend recently had two implants fitted and he's delighted with the difference they've made. I've had a lot of dental work recently, nowhere near as painful as implants, but always requiring several anaesthetic injections. On those days, porridge is invariably my evening meal of choice: warm and comforting after the trauma of the dentist's chair ;)

Fruit compote and yogurt
    Rice pudding
    Banana custard
    Ice cream
    Pureed soup
    Baked potato with grated cheese/cottage cheese/baked beans/guacamole/
    Chilli
    Bolognese sauce
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I had my wisdom teeth out a couple months ago. I did ok with sloppy joe meat. Pulled pork probably wouldn't be too bad either or some other shredded meat (pot roast, shredded chicken). I am also a big fan of chili. Scrambled eggs.
  • bgeorgie13
    bgeorgie13 Posts: 10 Member
    What about smoothies? whizz up some fruit and a few handfuls of green leaves, add some protein powder to it - should mean you're getting some nutrients to keep you going, and break the boredom. Good luck with the healing!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    You can put just about anything in a blender with enough liquid. After my jaw surgery I had a lot pastas, chili, and soups blended into oblivion.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    shepherds pie and baked fish jump to mind. And a whole load of casseroles as long as you chop everything up smaller than you normally would
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I had about the same restrictions when I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed.

I ate mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, V8 juice, ensure protein drinks (butter pecan flavor), and pudding. Applesauce, kefir, refried beans and peanut butter also come to mind as things that you could probably eat.

Be careful with rice and oatmeal. My oral surgeon said that the grains can get into the wound and get infected.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Buy potted meat....where the spam is and spread on crustless bread.
    Sweet food items would never satisfy me.
    Scrabbled eggs with melted cheese.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Refried beans too
  • Kst76
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Buy potted meat....where the spam is and spread on crustless bread.
    Sweet food items would never satisfy me.
    Scrabbled eggs with melted cheese.

Love scrambled egg
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Toby's Tofu Pate(tastes like egg salad). Very low calorie and put on soft white bread. One of the things I ate when on a soft foods diet.
    https://www.tobysfamilyfoods.com/tobys-tofu